The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Under Florida law if Trayvon had lived it wouldn't have mattered if Zimmerman lost him?
And on who's word are we going on that he lost him? A man who can't bail out of jail due to lying?

the 911 tapes bear out that zimmerman said he lost him.
The tapes bear out that zimmerman was going to meet the cops (at the mailboxes?)

Which means travon decided to hunt Zimmerman and attack.

In the 911 tapes he asked the operators to call him once they got there so he could tell them where he was at. From the timeline of events he wasn't at his truck which is where he originally made the call. It is also noted on the 911 calls he had already followed Martin, then followed him again while on the phone.
And under Florida Law Martin did not have to retreat if he feared imminent danger. In one case in Florida a man got off after shooting a man who was laying on the ground.
If you can defend Zimmerman for using self defense after following an innocent minor, why can't you defend Martin for coming back after being followed by someone at night?
If one can use that excuse, why can't the other?

and zimmerman says ...he lost him.... simple. That means gone. No longer in his sites. No longer following him.

There is no imminent danger travon.

however when travon decided to follow and attack.... that is imminent danger to zimmerman.

What DO you think my rights should be as an American citizen when it comes to carrying a gun for self protection?

Dildo should jinx you.

I just realized I haven't called him dildo once in this thread!! Awww the memories. I miss the old days at USMB.

ok woman--ain't there a USMB law that says I can do something to you if you do something to me ?:cool:

What DO you think my rights should be as an American citizen when it comes to carrying a gun for self protection?

If you legally obtain it, go right ahead.
And if you don't believe me that I don't have a problem with gun ownership then I have a cool picture of my five year old with the aid of my brother and a fence post shooting a gun. I don't mind showing you, you can't see either one's face.
Oh! And like the majority of gun owners I agree with background checks. I will give you hint, my liberal mother was once apart of NRA. I also have a brother who was shot by a kid who illegally obtained the gun. Does that clear things up?

That's rather vague, Luissa. "Go right ahead" means what? That I'm allowed to carry concealed weapon? You're fine with gun "ownership" as long as background checks are performed, as am I but what's your stand on how a gun can be used once you own it? Do I have the right to defend myself with that gun?

And if you don't believe me that I don't have a problem with gun ownership then I have a cool picture of my five year old with the aid of my brother and a fence post shooting a gun. I don't mind showing you, you can't see either one's face.
Oh! And like the majority of gun owners I agree with background checks. I will give you hint, my liberal mother was once apart of NRA. I also have a brother who was shot by a kid who illegally obtained the gun. Does that clear things up?

That's rather vague, Luissa. "Go right ahead" means what? That I'm allowed to carry concealed weapon? You're fine with gun "ownership" as long as background checks are performed, as am I but what's your stand on how a gun can be used once you own it? Do I have the right to defend myself with that gun?

I have no problem if you carry a concealed weapon legally. Does that clear it up?

ok---let's assume you're right about the law---Travon's thinking--I'm scared shitless so I'm going to track this dude down and beat the shit out of him. What is Zimmerman supposed to do under Florida Law ? Allow himself to be killed ?

Wouldn't he have caused the situation? Which would mean it was an imperfect self defense. He would get a lesser charge, but still face consequences.. Which is actually what I think should happen.

You scare me--I kill you--no problem---cmon Luissa :eusa_hand:

i dont think for one second that travon was scared he was being followed. I think he was pissed as hell he was being followed and wanted to teach zimmerman a lesson by beating the crap out of him.

Dildo should jinx you.

I just realized I haven't called him dildo once in this thread!! Awww the memories. I miss the old days at USMB.

ok woman--ain't there a USMB law that says I can do something to you if you do something to me ?:cool:

You going to call me silly Sally? I think that is what it was? Lol

I have no problem if you carry a concealed weapon legally. Does that clear it up?

LOL...not really! You're OK for me to "buy" a firearm...and you've got no problem if I "carry" a firearm...but what's your stand on my right to use that firearm if someone is threatening me?

Dildo should jinx you.

You going to call me silly Sally? I think that is what it was? Lol

You deserve worse but I may have come with something lame like that.
I'll text you what I really think---oh wait---

LOL...not really! You're OK for me to "buy" a firearm...and you've got no problem if I "carry" a firearm...but what's your stand on my right to use that firearm if someone is threatening me?

A man shot another man stealing his car here, I agreed with the man who shot the car thief.
In the Martin case if Zimmerman had been defending himself on his property and had Martin committed a crime that posed a danger to Zimmerman on Zimmerman's property then I would be on Zimmerman's side.
I don't agree with someone using his gun when he followed a innocent boy playing wannabe cop. I also don't think he should spend 20 years in prison. I believe he should receive some jail time for his part in causing the incident to happen. Yes Martin probably attacked him, but it would have never happened if he had not followed a boy who had committed no crime.

A man shot another man stealing his car here, I agreed with the man who shot the car thief.
In the Martin case if Zimmerman had been defending himself on his property and had Martin committed a crime that posed a danger to Zimmerman on Zimmerman's property then I would be on Zimmerman's side.
I don't agree with someone using his gun when he followed a innocent boy playing wannabe cop. I also don't think he should spend 20 years in prison. I believe he should receive some jail time for his part in causing the incident to happen. Yes Martin probably attacked him, but it would have never happened if he had not followed a boy who had committed no crime.

Never would have happen if Martin hadn't returned to face a man that he was supposedly so afraid of---horse shit.

Never would have happen if Martin hadn't returned to face a man that he was supposedly so afraid of---horse shit.

Never would have happened if Zimmerman had not followed him.

never would have happened if there was not a problem with break-ins in the neighborhood where they needed a watch for anyone who

did not belong or looked suspicious.

never would have happened if there was not a problem with break-ins in the neighborhood where they needed a watch for anyone who

So it's against the law to wear a hood, look at houses and walk down a street?
And if he looked suspicious he should have called the cops and nothing more.

its not against the law to follow people either.

Martin was a dumb ass--Why the hell didn't he just get the hell outta there ? Your "boy" tried to be some macho bad ass and take the white boy out but he fucked up---white boy had a gun.

And they needed to watch out not follow and play wannabe cop. Which I am sure is what law enforcement probably tells block watches nothing more. I know here, the sheriff has told people to report suspicious activity and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back