The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know Zimmerman was attacked due to physical evidence & witness statements that prove it. There is no proof that Martin was ever attacked or in fear of his life prior to the shot ending his attack on Zimmerman.

No witness statement states who attacked whom first.

But you already want Zimmerman to do time. How about waiting for some facts ?

How about you wait for the facts? I am not the one who has made up my mind on who attacked whom first. While you and a few other have stated a few times Martin attacked Zimmerman first. ;)

No witness statement states who attacked whom first.

How about you wait for the facts? I am not the one who has made up my mind on who attacked whom first. While you and a few other have stated a few times Martin attacked Zimmerman first. ;)

However you have already decided he should do time and accused him of being the sole cause of the entire confrontation. Biased much ?

However you have already decided he should do time and accused him of being the sole cause of the entire confrontation. Biased much ?

Biased much? Zimmerman has stated he followed him, it wouldn't have happened if he had not followed him. Pretty simple.
I wasn't the one sitting on his high horse trying to act like I had not made up my mind. ;)

The only thing I haven't made up my mind on is who attacked whom. Other than that I am pretty set on blaming Zimmerman for causing the incident to happen. Anymore questions?

The only thing I haven't made up my mind on is who attacked whom. Other than that I am pretty set on blaming Zimmerman for causing the incident to happen. Anymore questions?

That's good for now----but stay tuned. If I think of something else I want quick answers.

Take a look at the photos of Zimmerman. Note that his hands have no abrasions on them. It's obvious that he wasn't punching anyone with those hands. Then look at his nose. It's obvious that he got popped a good one right in the beak. Then look at the back of his head. Those are classic concussive lacerations...the kind of injury you receive when your head is struck by something. All those things tell me that George Zimmerman got his ass beat by Trayvon Martin.

Doesn't mean Martin started it. ;)

I'm just going with what makes sense. If you've got two combatants...one of which is beat up and the other is shot fatally...it's common sense to think that the beating took place BEFORE the gun shot. You want me to believe a scenario that's hard to picture...that Zimmerman attacks Martin but has no damage to his knuckles and Martin has no injuries other than the gun shot wound. Sorry but that's hard to buy.

What does make sense is that Trayvon Martin took exception to someone following him and decided to give that person a beating, not knowing that the man had a gun. He punches Zimmerman in the face...doing the very obvious damage to his nose...takes him to the ground (where one of the witnesses says they saw a man "mounting" the other like a MMA fight and slamming his head into the ground...doing the damage to the back of Zimmerman's head.

Take a look at the photos of Zimmerman. Note that his hands have no abrasions on them. It's obvious that he wasn't punching anyone with those hands. Then look at his nose. It's obvious that he got popped a good one right in the beak. Then look at the back of his head. Those are classic concussive lacerations...the kind of injury you receive when your head is struck by something. All those things tell me that George Zimmerman got his ass beat by Trayvon Martin.

I'm just going with what makes sense. If you've got two combatants...one of which is beat up and the other is shot fatally...it's common sense to think that the beating took place BEFORE the gun shot. You want me to believe a scenario that's hard to picture...that Zimmerman attacks Martin but has no damage to his knuckles and Martin has no injuries other than the gun shot wound. Sorry but that's hard to buy.

What does make sense is that Trayvon Martin took exception to someone following him and decided to give that person a beating, not knowing that the man had a gun. He punches Zimmerman in the face...doing the very obvious damage to his nose...takes him to the ground (where one of the witnesses says they saw a man "mounting" the other like a MMA fight and slamming his head into the ground...doing the damage to the back of Zimmerman's head.

If I tried to attack a teenage boy I would probably end up with all the marks too, and I am pretty strong. :D

You're still blaming Zimmerman because he followed Martin, Luissa and once again I have to point out that following someone is not criminal. Hitting someone on the other hand is criminal. I don't think George Zimmerman initiated the physical confrontation. I think it's clear that was done by Trayvon Martin.

People who have the idea that you can blame someone for violence that's done to them simply because they didn't leave an area...are essentially blaming the victim for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You're still blaming Zimmerman because he followed Martin, Luissa and once again I have to point out that following someone is not criminal. Hitting someone on the other hand is criminal. I don't think George Zimmerman initiated the physical confrontation. I think it's clear that was done by Trayvon Martin.

People who have the idea that you can blame someone for violence that's done to them simply because they didn't leave an area...are essentially blaming the victim for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

While you blame Martin who did nothing to warrant being followed.

If I tried to attack a teenage boy I would probably end up with all the marks too, and I am pretty strong. :D

How is it that you are SO convinced that it was Zimmerman who attacked Martin? He doesn't have any abrasions to his knuckles at all...Martin has no injuries to speak of other than the gunshot....yet Zimmerman is bruised and bloodied. Somehow out of THAT...you've reached a conclusion that Zimmerman was the one who started the fight. How do you arrive at that?

While you blame Martin who did nothing to warrant being followed.

Being followed is not the same as being physically attacked. What part of that can't you grasp?

How is it that you are SO convinced that it was Zimmerman who attacked Martin? He doesn't have any abrasions to his knuckles at all...Martin has no injuries to speak of other than the gunshot....yet Zimmerman is bruised and bloodied. Somehow out of THAT...you've reached a conclusion that Zimmerman was the one who started the fight. How do you arrive at that?

I stated that I wasn't convinced a few posts back. I don't know how my post translates to being convinced. Lol
I am convinced Zimmerman followed Martin who's only crime at the time was wearing a hood and looking at houses.

I once again call your attention to the applicable laws here. You can only claim self defense if you're in eminent danger of serious bodily harm. Just because someone is following you does not give you the right to attack them.

I stated that I wasn't convinced a few posts back. I don't know how my post translates to being convinced. Lol
I am convinced Zimmerman followed Martin who's only crime at the time was wearing a hood and looking at houses.

So at the point that Zimmerman is following Martin can we agree that NOBODY has committed a crime?

The crime takes place when one of the parties physically assaults the other. Now who do you think it is that initiated that physical confrontation given the time line from that night? If Martin WANTS to get away from Zimmerman he has ample opportunity...yet a confrontation takes place. How does that happen if Martin is trying to avoid it?

I once again call your attention to the applicable laws here. You can only claim self defense if you're in eminent danger of serious bodily harm. Just because someone is following you does not give you the right to attack them.

Have you looked up cases that were not filed or dropped due to stand your ground yet?

That's my problem with your contention that Zimmerman is solely responsible for what happened because he followed Martin...

When Zimmerman is on the phone with the Police telling them where to meet him, he's LOST Trayvon Martin. He's not following him at that point. He's headed back to his SUV to meet the Police.

It's actually Martin who causes the physical confrontation by going BACK. He was literally a few hundred yards from the condo he was staying at. He could have been there in a matter of seconds...safe and sound. But he wasn't! He wasn't because he decided that he needed to get in the face of this guy who was hassling him.

Have you looked up cases that were not filed or dropped due to stand your ground yet?

Luissa, I live in Florida and have a concealed carry permit. I'm quite aware of the applicable laws here.

The character of the victim is not admissible evidence except to the extent if is relevant to some relevant of the crime or of a defense to the crime.

Au contraire. I'm a small woman. Say I'm out walking late at night...had to go check on a neighbor or something...reason doesn't really matter why. This is America and I can walk around at night if I want to.

Someone starts following me. That's going to scare me. Maybe I even tell them to get away. But they keep following. And then they approach me.

I'm going to defend myself, right then and there. And I have every right to.

As does a grown man, a little old lady, and anyone else...including a teenage boy.

Last edited:

Au contraire. I'm a small woman. Say I'm out walking late at night...had to go check on a neighbor or something...reason doesn't really matter.

Someone starts following me. That's going to scare me. Maybe I even tell them to get away. But they keep following. And then they approach me.

I'm going to defend myself, right then and there. And I have every right to.

As does a grown man, a little old lady, and anyone else...including a teenage boy.

Call the cops--holy shit WTF is wrong with you ?--yell for neighbors to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back