The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still blaming Zimmerman because he followed Martin, Luissa and once again I have to point out that following someone is not criminal. Hitting someone on the other hand is criminal. I don't think George Zimmerman initiated the physical confrontation. I think it's clear that was done by Trayvon Martin.

People who have the idea that you can blame someone for violence that's done to them simply because they didn't leave an area...are essentially blaming the victim for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

While you blame Martin who did nothing to warrant being followed.

Being followed is not the same as being physically attacked. What part of that can't you grasp?

Being followed by an armed man could make one feel they faced imminent death or bodily harmed. What part of that can't you grasp?

All this would never happened if Zimmerman had just called the Cops and not followed Martin. What is what most block watch members are told to do.

Why --didn't ----Martin---call ---the ---cops ?

Why didnt Zimmerman call the Cops instead of following him? He was told before to not perform block watch duties while armed.

Never mind--you aren't honest enough to discuss this with.

And you are? You can't answer my question, why should I answer your's. plus I have asked you and Oldstyle to look up cases that have been dropped due to stand your ground. Have you done that? I have asked about a hundred Times now. So who is really honest here?
Plus you do not place any Blame on the armed man who followed a minor who had committed no crime. So you were saying?

Not really, Zimmerman followed someone who was not committing a crime. That's all I need to know.,

He was Neighborhood Watch, in a troubled Neighborhood. That is not a crime. You are excused from the Jury. :) ;)

Why didnt Zimmerman call the Cops instead of following him? He was told before to not perform block watch duties while armed.

And you are? You can't answer my question, why should I answer your's. plus I have asked you and Oldstyle to look up cases that have been dropped due to stand your ground. Have you done that? I have asked about a hundred Times now. So who is really honest here?
Plus you do not place any Blame on the armed man who followed a minor who had committed no crime. So you were saying?

Martin didn't know Zimmerman was armed

Not really, Zimmerman followed someone who was not committing a crime. That's all I need to know.,

He was Neighborhood Watch, in a troubled Neighborhood. That is not a crime.

He was told not to perform those duties while armed. He has also stated he was not on block watch duty that night.
And it may not be a crime, but following someone armed could make one fear for imminent death or bodily harm.

How do you know that? If the gun was accessible enough for him to grab during a fight. Wouldn't that probably mean it was probably easily seen by someone else?

It would not matter to me whether I know for sure that my stalker has a gun or not. They are still a threat to my life just because of the fact that they are stalking me. And in this day and age, you can't rule out the possibility that they have a gun. Which is why I don't think Martin approached Zimmerman.

It makes a lot more sense that Zimmerman approached Martin upon which Martin immediately went into defensive mode, as would I.

All this would never happened if Zimmerman had just called the Cops and not followed Martin. What is what most block watch members are told to do.

He did violate Neighborhood Watch protocol. Agreed. He did that by being Armed. Still, no law was broken. One should not testify to things they were not witness to, right. So, if you suspected a crime might be committed, would you get involved and act as an Eye Witness or walk/run the opposite direction? It's a fair question. There are a lot of different kinds of people out there. If you were attacked, how do you think Zimmerman would have reacted? Honestly? How do you think Martin would have reacted to you being in trouble? Which of the two do you think would have put Themselves at risk to help you?

How do you know that? If the gun was accessible enough for him to grab during a fight. Wouldn't that probably mean it was probably easily seen by someone else?

Luissa---you have repeatedly claimed that Martin was scared shitless by an armed man who was following yet you can't even prove Martin knew Zimmerman even WAS armed.

Luissa---you have repeatedly claimed that Martin was scared shitless by an armed man who was following yet you can't even prove Martin knew Zimmerman even WAS armed.

Just did.

He did violate Neighborhood Watch protocol. Agreed. He did that by being Armed. Still, no law was broken. One should not testify to things they were not witness to, right. So, if you suspected a crime might be committed, would you get involved and act as an Eye Witness or walk/run the opposite direction? It's a fair question. There are a lot of different kinds of people out there. If you were attacked, how do you think Zimmerman would have reacted? Honestly? How do you think Martin would have reacted to you being in trouble? Which of the two do you think would have put Themselves at risk to help you?

Why does that matter?

Zimmerman called the cops---Martin did not--Why ?

He did after following the boy armed.

What--difference--does--it--make?

Maybe he was caught up in the fear of the moment and just concerned with being safe. And with that in mind, two reasons occur to me...1) You don't want to distract yourself with a phone call, nor draw attention to yourself by making the phone call; and 2) It's going to take the cops a while to get there...you're main concern is your IMMEDIATE safety. You'll call the cops once you're out of immediate danger.

I will say this, I wouldn't have attacked an armed man. But I could see how one would feel they were in danger of imminent death or bodily harm, and if you go on cases dropped by stand your ground... Martin had every right to follow and attack Zimmerman.

He did after following the boy armed.

What--difference--does--it--make?

Maybe he was caught up in the fear of the moment and just concerned with being safe. And with that in mind, two reasons occur to me...1) You don't want to distract yourself with a phone call, nor draw attention to yourself by making the phone call; and 2) It's going to take the cops a while to get there...you're main concern is your IMMEDIATE safety. You'll call the cops once you're out of immediate danger.

Good point. Plus how much trust do you think a black male has in the Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back