The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did after following the boy armed.

Why --didn't ----Martin---call ---the ---cops ?

What--difference--does--it--make?

Maybe he was caught up in the fear of the moment and just concerned with being safe. And with that in mind, two reasons occur to me...1) You don't want to distract yourself with a phone call, nor draw attention to yourself by making the phone call; and 2) It's going to take the cops a while to get there...you're main concern is your IMMEDIATE safety. You'll call the cops once you're out of immediate danger.

it makes a hell of a lot of difference--you might have help coming. He called his girlfriend--so much for the distraction BS. Immediate safety is running AWAY

I once again call your attention to the applicable laws here. You can only claim self defense if you're in eminent danger of serious bodily harm. Just because someone is following you does not give you the right to attack them.

Au contraire. I'm a small woman. Say I'm out walking late at night...had to go check on a neighbor or something...reason doesn't really matter why. This is America and I can walk around at night if I want to.

Someone starts following me. That's going to scare me. Maybe I even tell them to get away. But they keep following. And then they approach me.

I'm going to defend myself, right then and there. And I have every right to.

As does a grown man, a little old lady, and anyone else...including a teenage boy.

So let me ask you, Koosh...

If someone were following you and you were scared? If you managed to lose that person by going around a building and then down a pathway that they didn't follow...would you then go BACK to confront them...or would you run the two hundred yards to your house?

That's what happened that night. Zimmerman loses sight of Martin when Trayvon goes behind the row of buildings and goes to the right towards the condo he's staying in. Zimmerman when he follows goes straight and loses Martin. It's at that point that he's talking to the Police as he walks back to his SUV agreeing to meet them by the front gate of the gated community.

So if you had lost your pursuer? Would you turn BACK to confront them when the safety of your house is right there in front of you? That isn't something that a person does who is "afraid"...that is the action of someone who is looking for a confrontation.

Why --didn't ----Martin---call ---the ---cops ?

Maybe he was caught up in the fear of the moment and just concerned with being safe. And with that in mind, two reasons occur to me...1) You don't want to distract yourself with a phone call, nor draw attention to yourself by making the phone call; and 2) It's going to take the cops a while to get there...you're main concern is your IMMEDIATE safety. You'll call the cops once you're out of immediate danger.

it makes a hell of a lot of difference--you might have help coming. He called his girlfriend--so much for the distraction BS. Immediate safety is running AWAY

He had an 18 minute phone call with his girlfriend.
6:54 - 7:12 — Martin has an 18-minute cell phone call with a girl (reported to be his girlfriend) which gets disconnected.[9][11]
7:09:34 - 7:13:41 — George Zimmerman calls the Sanford Police Department (SPD) from his truck; total time of the call is 4 minutes 7 seconds.[12]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

He was on the phone with his girlfriend before he saw Zimmerman.

I am still trying to figure out how you think a person would not fear for imminent death or bodily arm when being followed by an armed man?

You're really not that bright, Luissa.

Do you not understand the concept of a "concealed weapon"? You don't know someone HAS it because it's not in sight! Trayvon Martin would only know that he was being followed by an armed man if Zimmerman had taken out his gun and brandished it. Do you remember Trayvon saying anything to his girlfriend about a guy with a gun bothering him during their phone conversation? I don't. Think that wouldn't have been mentioned if he HAD seen a gun? I'm pretty sure it would have come up.

All this would never happened if Zimmerman had just called the Cops and not followed Martin. What is what most block watch members are told to do.

He did violate Neighborhood Watch protocol. Agreed. He did that by being Armed. Still, no law was broken. One should not testify to things they were not witness to, right. So, if you suspected a crime might be committed, would you get involved and act as an Eye Witness or walk/run the opposite direction? It's a fair question. There are a lot of different kinds of people out there. If you were attacked, how do you think Zimmerman would have reacted? Honestly? How do you think Martin would have reacted to you being in trouble? Which of the two do you think would have put Themselves at risk to help you?

Living, as I do, in a somewhat rough part of town, and having observed all kinds of people in my life, I would rather Martin came along if i was in trouble in the night, rather than someone like Zimmerman.

A long-time neighborhood watch dude in my part of the city was arrested a couple of years ago for raping a woman. Yes, that's right, the son of a bitch picked up a drunk woman and drove her to a warehouse he had a key to and raped her. He had worked in neighborhood watch for many years, was lauded by the cops, etc. etc.

Power corrupts.

Based on my experiences with black teenagers around my part of town, I'd trust them more. How many times have I seen them walking down the street and tensed up, only to have them flash me a big smile and say "Hello!"

Of course, even though I don't know them they may know me as the crazy woman who walks around with two Dobermans and a stun gun and bear spray hanging off her belt, and God knows what else in that fanny pack. :razz:

He had an 18 minute phone call with his girlfriend.
6:54 - 7:12 — Martin has an 18-minute cell phone call with a girl (reported to be his girlfriend) which gets disconnected.[9][11]
7:09:34 - 7:13:41 — George Zimmerman calls the Sanford Police Department (SPD) from his truck; total time of the call is 4 minutes 7 seconds.[12]
Timeline of the shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was on the phone with his girlfriend before he saw Zimmerman.

and neither one of them were smart enough to call the cops ?? :eusa_hand:

I will say this, I wouldn't have attacked an armed man. But I could see how one would feel they were in danger of imminent death or bodily harm, and if you go on cases dropped by stand your ground... Martin had every right to follow and attack Zimmerman.

You keep going back to this and your reasoning is completely skewed.

Martin does not have the right to follow and attack someone simply because he was initially being followed by the person. Stand Your Ground law does NOT give you the right to do that. I'm sorry but it DOESN'T.

I am still trying to figure out how you think a person would not fear for imminent death or bodily arm when being followed by an armed man?

Do you not understand the concept of a "concealed weapon"? You don't know someone HAS it because it's not in sight! Trayvon Martin would only know that he was being followed by an armed man if Zimmerman had taken out his gun and brandished it. Do you remember Trayvon saying anything to his girlfriend about a guy with a gun bothering him during their phone conversation? I don't. Think that wouldn't have been mentioned if he HAD seen a gun? I'm pretty sure it would have come up.

Maybe he just hadn't seen the gun YET.

I don't know, some of the neighborhood watch types I've known like to let you know they have the gun, you know...accidentally push their jacket back a bit so the gun shows, that sort of thing. If they didn't have the gun, they'd probably be flashing their penis. Oh, wait, that neighborhood watch guy I knew did both! lol At least to that one poor woman he raped. The one woman he raped that we know about, anyway. I wonder how many of the local hookers were required to provide him with freebies in exchange for being left alone to ply their wares.

Last edited:
All this would never happened if Zimmerman had just called the Cops and not followed Martin. What is what most block watch members are told to do.

He did violate Neighborhood Watch protocol. Agreed. He did that by being Armed. Still, no law was broken. One should not testify to things they were not witness to, right. So, if you suspected a crime might be committed, would you get involved and act as an Eye Witness or walk/run the opposite direction? It's a fair question. There are a lot of different kinds of people out there. If you were attacked, how do you think Zimmerman would have reacted? Honestly? How do you think Martin would have reacted to you being in trouble? Which of the two do you think would have put Themselves at risk to help you?

Living, as I do, in a somewhat rough part of town, and having observed all kinds of people in my life, I would rather Martin came along if i was in trouble in the night, rather than someone like Zimmerman.

A long-time neighborhood watch dude in my part of the city was arrested a couple of years ago for raping a woman. Yes, that's right, the son of a bitch picked up a drunk woman and drove her to a warehouse he had a key to and raped her. He had worked in neighborhood watch for many years, was lauded by the cops, etc. etc.

Power corrupts.

Based on my experiences with black teenagers around my part of town, I'd trust them more. How many times have I seen them walking down the street and tensed up, only to have them flash me a big smile and say "Hello!"

Of course, even though I don't know them they may know me as the crazy woman who walks around with two Dobermans and a stun gun and bear spray hanging off her belt, and God knows what else in that fanny pack. :razz:

Yeah, because those crazy neighborhood watch guys are MUCH more dangerous than teenagers in rough parts of town!!! Do you have any concept of how stupid that statement is?

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]

And why did Zimmerman change his mind and ask them to call him to see where he was at? Why didn't he go to the mailboxes where he stated his truck was parked?

"Um, if they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and, uh, straight past the clubhouse and make a left and then go past the mailboxes you’ll see my truck. [3:10]"

http://phoebe53.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/zimmerman-911-call-transcript-trayvon-martin/

Power corrupts.

Yeah, because those crazy neighborhood watch guys are MUCH more dangerous than teenagers in rough parts of town!!! Do you have any concept of how stupid that statement is?

Well in this case they were.

I don't know, some of the neighborhood watch types I've known like to let you know they have the gun, you know...accidentally push their jacket back a bit so the gun shows, that sort of thing. If they didn't have the gun, they'd probably be flashing their penis. Oh, wait, that neighborhood watch guy I knew did both! lol At least to that one poor woman he raped. The one woman he raped that we know about, anyway. I wonder how many of the local hookers were required to provide him with freebies in exchange for being left alone to ply their wares.

So let me get this straight...you think Zimmerman flashed his gun at Martin? When do you think THAT took place, Sherlock? Since Martin makes no mention of a gun to his girlfriend I think it's pretty obvious it didn't happen before he made that call...correct?

omg :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Did martin know zimmerman was armed? Because if he did know...this puts a whole new twist on things, doesn't it?

He had a holster, where was his holster? He said he pulled it out of his holster during the fight. From that my money would be on it being in full view in a belt holster.

I have a holster too. It is kept under my jacket. I don't flash it around.

Did martin know zimmerman was armed? Because if he did know...this puts a whole new twist on things, doesn't it?

He had a holster, where was his holster? He said he pulled it out of his holster during the fight. From that my money would be on it being in full view in a belt holster.

How would one known to grab for a gun if kept under a jacket? How would one easily access a gun kept under a jacket during a fight?

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]

And why did Zimmerman change his mind and ask them to call him to see where he was at? Why didn't he go to the mailboxes where he stated his truck was parked?

"Um, if they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and, uh, straight past the clubhouse and make a left and then go past the mailboxes you’ll see my truck. [3:10]"

Zimmerman 911 Call Transcript ? Trayvon Martin | Phoebe's Detention Room

Why didn't he go to the mailboxes? Because he was confronted by Trayvon Martin who instead of continuing on to the condo he was staying in came BACK to where Zimmerman was. It's the only scenario that makes any sense at all. If he had simply continued on he would have been safely inside of that condo. Then a simple phone call to the Police would have straightened out the problem he was having with George Zimmerman because the Police would have told him that Zimmerman was Neighborhood Watch and suspected him of being a burglar. But that didn't happen...did it?

God, but you people are clueless. You can't wear a gun on a belt holster in full view. That's against the law.

You really are not bright? How would one know to grab for a gun that wasn't in sight?

Like I said before, you are too busy calling me stupid instead of looking up information. Zimmerman claimed he grabbed for his gun in his holster. How would he know to grab it if he had not seen it? Wouldn't one assume then he had a belt holster?
When a cop wears a belt holster cannot you not easily see it?

God, but you people are clueless. You can't wear a gun on a belt holster in full view. That's against the law.

Then how did Martin know to grab for it?

How would one known to grab for a gun if kept under a jacket? How would one easily access a gun kept under a jacket during a fight?

How? When the one attacks me and I fall to the ground and they start pounding my head in the pavement and my jacket falls open and they see the gun? Then they grab for it but I get it first and shoot his sorry ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back