The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go to a Republican Executive Committee meeting. I'll try to catch up later.

Oh, and don't worry I'll be armed. You never know what kind of whacko protesters are going to show up at these things.

Neither side was completely right in what they did that night. Objectivity is slight on both sides of this issue in this forum. Thats my objective opinion.

We don't know that.

What we do know......is that the kid is dead. His encounter with Zimmerman....which was initiated by Zimmerman....led to his death.

That kid was not out looking for Zimmerman. That we know.

I am not speaking to Zimmerman's guilt of the charges filed against him. That is to be determined by the jury. But that kid's death is the result of Zimmerman's actions. This is not in dispute.

No....that much we absolutely know.

Prosecutor is using the the "are you aware that Zimmerman beat up his former girlfriend and she had a restraining order placed against him" line. Both he and his girlfriend filed mutual restraining orders against each other and both of them were later dismissed.

RO's are rarely dismissed; they sunset after a time set by the court. They can be reissued for cause.

Thanks. They probably are no longer in effect then, since this incident took place 7 years ago. We cannot judge his character now as opposed to his character as a 20 year old.

Prosecutor is using the the "are you aware that Zimmerman beat up his former girlfriend and she had a restraining order placed against him" line. Both he and his girlfriend filed mutual restraining orders against each other and both of them were later dismissed.

RO's are rarely dismissed; they sunset after a time set by the court. They can be reissued for cause.

You watching the trial Wry?

Have an opinion?

I just caught a little of it on MSNBC. Not sure if it will be on this afternoon or not, but I can't listen on my computer because I've had technical difficulties and don't have sound.

Man, I've never heard such biased commentators. And they are going on and on about how meeeeeeeeeeeen the attorney for the defense is to her. Damn. I thought he as being pretty gentle. She has clearly been coached to use the word 'sir' but not to say it with any kind of respect. The prosecution could have sewn this case up with her. All she had to do was to come in and be vulnerable. The minute he made here cry, it would be 'Katy bar the door' to the defense.

She is not credible, and she is not vulnerable. But she's a national celeb. Anyone wanna make book on how long after this trial is over before she starts to make the talk show circuit, and gets a ghost writer to write up all her lies in a book? I'd say less than a month.

Maybe she'll be able to afford a plastic-surgen to remove that thing from around her neck.

Damn......wtf causes that????

Eatting to much.

I thought that made it go to your hips.

Did she too many tractor tires and they stacked up and got stuck there?

Hi...My name is George Zimmerman...Im following a suspicious character in my neighborhood in the dark and rain...I have holstered my pistol just in case there is a problem...no, Im not a cop...Im a neighborhood watch captain. What should I do?

911: Get your stupid ass back in your truck and wait for the police...right now!! Do not pass go...do not collect $200.

Hi 25 caliber. Here is a transcript of the key portion of the police call with Zimmerman:

full-transcript-zimmerman-p2-normal.gif

Up until Zimmerman states "Shit, he is running" there is no dispute that Zimmerman was in his vehicle.. When Zimmerman says "The back entrance ... fucking [unintelligible]" there is also no dispute that Zimmerman is in the process of leaving his vehicle for the first time in the phone call.

If I was representing Zimmerman, the argument that I would make is that when the dispatcher replied to Zimmermans exclamation "Shit, he is running" with "He's running? Which way is he running?" Zimmerman took that as a directive to follow Martin and report where Martin was headed.

Latter, when the dispatcher discerns that Zimmerman is running because of the sounds of heavy breathing and the wind (not to mention the sounds of wet grass) he asks "Are you following him?'. Zimmerman responds "Yeah", the dispatcher says "OK we don't need you to do that". At that point you can tell Zimmerman is slowing down and comes to a stop a few seconds thereafter.

Thus the defense will argue, far from ignoring the dispatcher, Zimmerman believed he was following the express direction of the dispatcher

Hi...My name is George Zimmerman...Im following a suspicious character in my neighborhood in the dark and rain...I have holstered my pistol just in case there is a problem...no, Im not a cop...Im a neighborhood watch captain. What should I do?

911: Get your stupid ass back in your truck and wait for the police...right now!! Do not pass go...do not collect $200.

This is one instance where NW patrol went horribly wrong. I can think of many instances where a NW patrol following your recommendations would be horribly devastating to a family/neighborhood/community.

Hopefully providing examples should not be necessary.

I follow people daily while carrying a gun. So far not a single one of them has broken my nose and bashed my head into the pavement. I'm happy to report that every single person I have ever followed is alive and well.

I would do this too, but I can't fit my shotgun in my pants.

Wooo! She doesn't speak English.

I saw that attorney make that excuse. English isn't her first language. Maybe they should have had a eubonics interpreter.

She can't speak English and can't read either. It's a wonder she hasn't maxed out her college loans by now.

Was there a curfew?

And thus far NOTHING indicates this "new theory" that Martin "double backed" to confront Zimmerman.

In fact..thus far the evidence shows that Martin was running away from the Crazy Ass Cracker.

Martin stated that he lost the young man during the call with the dispatcher so the only way the confrontation happened was if Martin double backed.
You're telling me that some pudgy middle aged guy chased down this young athletic man?

Telling you?

Those are the facts.

Zimmerman has also lied several times about what happened.

In the first iteration of his "story" Martin "cold cocked" him as he left the car to check the address. That turned out to be a complete lie. Subsequent Zimmerman stories have Martin struggling for the gun and telling Zimmerman that he was going to kill him

Bottom line?

I don't believe anything Zimmerman says.

He got it wrong over 5 times.

George Zimmerman was within his rights. If you think he was not, then post up where the law says anyone has to obey the 911 dispatcher.

Also, post up where the law says that anyone who is acting within their rights is 'responsible' for the bad outcome of acting within their rights.

Disobeying police orders in this context is probably not illegal, if the dialogue even constitutes 'Disobeying.'

Neither is carrying a gun or following a suspicious person. We all know that.

But they are indicative of someone who is looking for a confrontation, and is certainly not doing the things within his power to avoid one.

The 911 dispatchers in this area are not 'the police.' Most of them are paramedics.

My understanding is that he called a police non-emergency number.

Was there a curfew?

And thus far NOTHING indicates this "new theory" that Martin "double backed" to confront Zimmerman.

In fact..thus far the evidence shows that Martin was running away from the Crazy Ass Cracker.

Martin stated that he lost the young man during the call with the dispatcher so the only way the confrontation happened was if Martin double backed.
You're telling me that some pudgy middle aged guy chased down this young athletic man?

WHAT THE FUCK??? George Zimmerman was 28 years old when this happened, you call that middle-aged??? Good grief. You just lost all credibility with me.

And he apparently weighed a lot less than he does right now, also.

I could care less what kind of credibility I have with you... Middle aged may have been a overstatement but I still stand by he would never have caught up to Martin in a foot race.

Once upon a time,in America,you were presumed innocent until proven guilty, now we have a media whipped up frenzied politicized reality TV version called justice. How can anyone receive a fair and unbiased trial under these set of circumstances? It is apparent that if Zimmerman had been Black and Martin white this issue would never have attained the current level of national attention? I can see it now, Jessie and Al demanding all charges be dropped on the court house stairs with CNBC, CNN et... covering the media event.

You are presumed innocent until proven guilty...in the eyes of the law.

Doesn't mean people won't have their own opinions about it.

One thing I've always wondered about that b.s. innocent until proven guilty business. If it's true, why are people sometimes kept in jail for months and months prior to and all during their trial? Oh, I know...because they're not REALLY considered innocent until proven guilty, those are just nice words, devoid of any real meaning.

Actually it matters as the Prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the charge. The defense doesn't have to prove anything. And if when the Prosecution is done presenting their case it is very weak the defense can ask the judge to throw out the charge.

Actually..it sort of does.

Zimmerman admitted to killing Martin.

That's a crime.

I am being entertained while watching this trial. My grand daughter is trying to do Zomba. It is so cute to watch. She is almost 6 and her ability to follow the steps is just not there yet.

Certainly makes the case against every bozo having a gun stuck in his pants.

If we're gonna allow just anyone to carry a loaded gun, we need to require it be in plain sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back