The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[

So the same guy that organized protests against the Sanford Police when a white officer's kid beat up a black homeless man and wasn't arrested for it...THAT guy is the one who called someone a "coon"?

Do yourself a favor, Joe...when you try to smear someone with the "racist" label? Try picking someone that doesn't have a record of fighting AGAINST racism.

HE SHOT A BLACK CHILD.

Nothing else matters. Nothing else is important.

But how about this. We leave him alone in the African American community, and let THEM deal with him.

Sounds fair to me.

He shot a 17 year old thief who didn't live in the neighborhood, was unfamiliar to Zimmerman and apparently would have splattered Mr Zimmerman's brains on the sidewalk if not stopped with deadly force.
Treyvon Martin was not a "child" He was 5'11" tall and weighed 158 pounds at autopsy.

It's not important that Treyvon had been suspended from school for the 3rd time that school year, that he used drugs, had been photographed with a firearm... Yup he was an angel. The only possible explanation for a witness seeing him sitting atop George Zimmerman pounding his head into the pavement is that Zimmerman tripped the poor child.

Total nonsense. Zimmerman's 'instincts' were that that the person he was following was a potential burglar, which is ludicrous.

Interesting, was Trayvon walking around in the dark in the rain admiring the architecture of the buildings? Was he in a straight line from the store to his dad's girlfriend's house?
Heck, he didn't even go to her house when GZ stopped following him, he circled around and attacked GZ.

He should have just gone to the GF's place. He might still be alive now but then his mom and dad wouldn't have the $$$.

TM had trouble written all over him; GZ was fully in his rights to be watching him.

Simple common sense: a person doesn't jump from possibly taking things out of school lockers to burglarizing homes. It's just ludicrous to think so, a ridiculous leap of logic. Trayvon was not a thug, not a burglar, not a juvenile delinquent, not a gangster.

He was a kid walking home from the convenience store. He can take his time if he wants; he's a kid. He doesn't have to make a beeline to and from the store. He talking to his girlfriend on the phone, not planning a burglary.

We only have Zimmerman's story to go by, a proven liar and a person who has been in trouble with the police before. We don't know that Martin doubled back and attacked Zimmerman: that's Zimmerman's story. What makes everything he says to me have no validity is that he told the police that Martin said to him " You're going to die tonight." What total BS. A most likely scared 17 year old who has never had more than a school yard fist fight is suddenly going to turn on a man twice his age who is not a small man, and say that. How ridiculous to believe such a thing. It's racist to believe such a thing. It indicates that white people think all black kids are gang bangers and hoodlums instead of ordinary kids. It indicates people truly think that Trayvon, as compared to an average white kid, is familiar with and comfortable with the idea of killing someone, just like that: that he is a fearless, agressive, violent young man who has no qualms about considering killing someone. Totally ridiculous. Only a jury filled with racists is going to believe he said that. And if they realize Zimmerman is lying about that, they will put no faith in anything Zimmerman says. Zimmerman will go to jail. And he deserves to do so. He killed an innocent, unarmed teenager. You have an armed adult chasing down an unarmed teenager. The teen ends up dead. This should not be so. This is not just about racism, it is also about pro-gun people wanting to USE their guns. I read it over and over on this forum, how blood thirsty people are, wanting to use their guns to blow people away. Chomping at the bit, drooling over it. It's disgusting. Now you see a guy who did what you all want to do, plus he killed a black kid: oh heavenly days--it's a dream come true.

Sickening.

Do women keep their jewelry in school lockers now? Trayvon was a thug; he liked to use his fists. I don't care if you don't believe that or not; doesn't matter to me in the least.

I think it was raining that night. Must be fun walking around in a hoodie getting soaked!

If GZ was in trouble with the police before; how did he get a carry permit?

Oh, good Lord, get over yourself. How many centuries do white people have to pay reparations for having slaves?

Interesting, was Trayvon walking around in the dark in the rain admiring the architecture of the buildings? Was he in a straight line from the store to his dad's girlfriend's house?
Heck, he didn't even go to her house when GZ stopped following him, he circled around and attacked GZ.

He should have just gone to the GF's place. He might still be alive now but then his mom and dad wouldn't have the $$$.

TM had trouble written all over him; GZ was fully in his rights to be watching him.

Simple common sense: a person doesn't jump from possibly taking things out of school lockers to burglarizing homes. It's just ludicrous to think so, a ridiculous leap of logic. Trayvon was not a thug, not a burglar, not a juvenile delinquent, not a gangster.

He was a kid walking home from the convenience store. He can take his time if he wants; he's a kid. He doesn't have to make a beeline to and from the store. He talking to his girlfriend on the phone, not planning a burglary.

We only have Zimmerman's story to go by, a proven liar and a person who has been in trouble with the police before. We don't know that Martin doubled back and attacked Zimmerman: that's Zimmerman's story. What makes everything he says to me have no validity is that he told the police that Martin said to him " You're going to die tonight." What total BS. A most likely scared 17 year old who has never had more than a school yard fist fight is suddenly going to turn on a man twice his age who is not a small man, and say that. How ridiculous to believe such a thing. It's racist to believe such a thing. It indicates that white people think all black kids are gang bangers and hoodlums instead of ordinary kids. It indicates people truly think that Trayvon, as compared to an average white kid, is familiar with and comfortable with the idea of killing someone, just like that: that he is a fearless, agressive, violent young man who has no qualms about considering killing someone. Totally ridiculous. Only a jury filled with racists is going to believe he said that. And if they realize Zimmerman is lying about that, they will put no faith in anything Zimmerman says. Zimmerman will go to jail. And he deserves to do so. He killed an innocent, unarmed teenager. You have an armed adult chasing down an unarmed teenager. The teen ends up dead. This should not be so. This is not just about racism, it is also about pro-gun people wanting to USE their guns. I read it over and over on this forum, how blood thirsty people are, wanting to use their guns to blow people away. Chomping at the bit, drooling over it. It's disgusting. Now you see a guy who did what you all want to do, plus he killed a black kid: oh heavenly days--it's a dream come true.

Sickening.

This has ZERO to do with what happened that night in Sanford, Florida. Oh, no...this is about gun control and you're preconceived notion of what gun owners are really like. You made up your mind that George Zimmerman is a racist. You made up your mind that he was blood thirsty. Why? Because that's what you gun control zealots think ALL gun owners are really like.

I had no preconcieved notion of what many gun owners are really like. I've learned what they are really like by being on USMB and reading their posts. Mostly low in intelligence, mostly poorly educated, mostly having a vision of reality that is based on everything from John Wayne movies to modern action flicks. Huge fans of people like Chuck Norris. Mostly all with a great desire to blow someone away the first chance they get. Championing anyone who does so who is what they call one of the good guys. They love these stories about how a shop owner or a house holder blows away bad guys. They are the kind of people like the one who blew away a Japanese foreign student who knocked on his door on Halloween one year. They are the type whose kids regularly die in gun accidents in the home. They are the ones who are accidently shooting others when they go out hunting. Trigger happy. Worshipping gunslingers from the Old West, wanting to turn America into Dodge City. Just blatantly drooling and chomping at the bit to have a chance to use that fucking gun they adore so much and be a big shot (pun intended). No, I never saw gun owners in that way until I came on this forum. I had no vision of what so many gun owners were like until I came here and started reading their posts. It's all very clear now why you want so dearly for Zimmerman to get away with this killing. It validates every wet dream about killing someone you ever had.

Last edited:

Sickening.

This has ZERO to do with what happened that night in Sanford, Florida. Oh, no...this is about gun control and you're preconceived notion of what gun owners are really like. You made up your mind that George Zimmerman is a racist. You made up your mind that he was blood thirsty. Why? Because that's what you gun control zealots think ALL gun owners are really like.

I had no preconcieved notion of what many gun owners are really like. I've learned what they are really like by being on USMB and reading their posts. Mostly low in intelligence, mostly poorly educated, mostly having a vision of reality that is based on everything from John Wayne movies to modern action flicks. Huge fans of people like Chuck Norris. Mostly all with a great desire to blow someone away the first chance they get. Championing anyone who does so who is what they call one of the good guys. They love these stories about how a shop owner or a house holder blows away bad guys. They are the kind of people like the one who blew away a Japanese foreign student who knocked on his door on Halloween one year. They are the type whose kids regularly die in gun accidents in the home. They are the ones who are accidently shooting others when they go out hunting. Trigger happy. Worshipping gunslingers from the Old West, wanting to turn America into Dodge City. Just blatantly drooling and chomping at the bit to have a chance to use that fucking gun they adore so much and be a big shot (pun intended). No, I never saw gun owners in that way until I came on this forum. I had no vision of what so many gun owners were like until I came here and started reading their posts. It's all very clear now why you want so dearly for Zimmerman to get away with this killing. It validates every wet dream about killing someone you ever had.

Only one problem with your little rant there, Esmeralda...

I'm not any of those things. I grew up on a dairy farm in Massachusetts where I was taught to use and respect firearms as a tool. I've got a degree in History and another in Business Administration so I'm not stupid nor am I uneducated. I've had a permit to carry a concealed weapon for many years now and I've not only never shot anyone but I've never even taken the gun out of it's holster in a confrontation. Bloodthirsty? LOL That's some funny stuff. There are some very bad people running around our world...the kind of people who ARE "chomping at the bit" to hurt someone. Naive folks like yourself think that taking guns away from people will make us all safer but the really bad people I just spoke of don't care about laws. If you take away the rights of ordinary people to have a gun for self-protection then you just made it SO much easier for the thug or sociopath out there to have themselves a good old time. And if you think that it's the Police that are going to be there to protect you? Then you're REALLY naive.

I'm not any of those things. I grew up on a dairy farm in Massachusetts where I was taught to use and respect firearms as a tool. I've got a degree in History and another in Business Administration so I'm not stupid nor am I uneducated. I've had a permit to carry a concealed weapon for many years now and I've not only never shot anyone but I've never even taken the gun out of it's holster in a confrontation. Bloodthirsty? LOL That's some funny stuff. There are some very bad people running around our world...the kind of people who ARE "chomping at the bit" to hurt someone. Naive folks like yourself think that taking guns away from people will make us all safer but the really bad people I just spoke of don't care about laws. If you take away the rights of ordinary people to have a gun for self-protection then you just made it SO much easier for the thug or sociopath out there to have themselves a good old time. And if you think that it's the Police that are going to be there to protect you? Then you're REALLY naive.

With all that education, you should have read more carefully. I didn't say everyone, I said MANY. You don't have to see it as including yourself. I do believe any of those with the ability to have self awareness know who they are. Also, with all your education and intelligence, you should be aware that there are many examples of countries around the world that don't have the violence or crime the US has, yet those countries have very strict gun laws, so the argument doesn't prevail that without so many guns in America, we would be less safe .

Last edited:
Page 59 and the clueless conjecture continues. I cannot wait to see the eipc conclusion lol.

Total nonsense. Zimmerman's 'instincts' were that that the person he was following was a potential burglar, which is ludicrous.

Sickening.

I bet you fell for the hope and change bullshit too didn't ya Esmeralda? Zimmerman was nice and cut him some slack after the thug sucker punched him. He shouldn't have let him pound his head into he pavement, a gut shot and then one between the eyes ........same thing you do to a pit bull that attacks.
The Trayvons and his thug friends are going to continue to get their asses slaughtered by a citizenry that has had enough, he should have moved to Chicago while he had a chance......that place is full of victims.

[

Wow, a Teenager wandering around and meandering. Who would have ever thought.

Zimmerman is a malignant racist, and it will be a happy day when he goes to prison.

[

He shot a 17 year old thief who didn't live in the neighborhood, was unfamiliar to Zimmerman and apparently would have splattered Mr Zimmerman's brains on the sidewalk if not stopped with deadly force.
Treyvon Martin was not a "child" He was 5'11" tall and weighed 158 pounds at autopsy.

It's not important that Treyvon had been suspended from school for the 3rd time that school year, that he used drugs, had been photographed with a firearm... Yup he was an angel. The only possible explanation for a witness seeing him sitting atop George Zimmerman pounding his head into the pavement is that Zimmerman tripped the poor child.

Nope. Not a one of those things are important, and we only have Zimmerman's word for them, a guy who has already been caught LYING to the court.

The court threw all that stuff out, because it was just smearing the victim.

Your boy is going down, and society will be better off for it. It'll be a message to the next gun nut that you want to go out and pretend your The Punisher, the law is going to deal with you.

You know what I find most amusing? You're all so fired up about how "innocent" Trayvon Martin was yet the truth of the matter is that the reason he was IN Sanford in the first place was that he'd been suspended from school because they discovered pot and stolen women's jewelry in his backpack. So what was Zimmerman concerned about when he called the Police? That the guy in the hoodie might be a thief or on drugs? Well gee whiz, campers! Ole' George nailed that one right on the head...didn't he?

No he didn't nail anything! Do you know anything about teenagers? Smoking pot does not make a kid a villain. Breaking into a locker and taking some jewelry (that seems to be the supposition about what was found in his back pack) does not suggest that his next step is breaking into a house and burglarizing it: that's like going straight from taking vitamin supplements to do well in sports to getting hooked on steroids. It's a giant leap.

No "nailing" of anything, except in the minds of those without critical thinking skills who make irrational leaps of logic.

Getting suspended from school also doesn't make him a thug or a bad guy. Do you have any idea how many kids get suspended, for a myriad of things? Getting suspended does not a juvenile delinquent make, not by a long, long stretch.

Getting suspended from school for theft makes him a thief. What part of that is a "stretch"? The assumption that someone who has already committed a crime is more apt to commit another one is simple common sense. But you don't want to admit THAT because that spoils your whole "innocent child" narrative.

Zimmy had already committed a crime, a real crime "felony" when he hit a cop, so how come that is being overlooked? It makes good sense that if Zimmy hit a cop, he would be more apt to commit another crime, not being afraid of the cops, but that would spoil your whole "TM is the only one with a record" narrative, wouldn't it? If TM had a "judge" father to get him out of those charges, he'd be as clean as GZ, wouldn't he?

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

With all that education, you should have read more carefully. I didn't say everyone, I said MANY. You don't have to see it as including yourself. I do believe any of those with the ability to have self awareness know who they are. Also, with all your education and intelligence, you should be aware that there are many examples of countries around the world that don't have the violence or crime the US has, yet those countries have very strict gun laws, so the argument doesn't prevail that without so many guns in America, we would be less safe .

Please cite sources of those countries around the world that don't have the violence or crime we do in these United States but they have very strict gun laws.

I call BS on your statement.

[

Nope. Not a one of those things are important, and we only have Zimmerman's word for them, a guy who has already been caught LYING to the court.

Your boy is going down, and society will be better off for it. It'll be a message to the next gun nut that you want to go out and pretend your The Punisher, the law is going to deal with you.

I was going to make a comment on your statement about gun nuts, but in seeing your location, there is really no need. Chitcago has strict gun control but more murders by gun that almost anywhere.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

No he didn't nail anything! Do you know anything about teenagers? Smoking pot does not make a kid a villain. Breaking into a locker and taking some jewelry (that seems to be the supposition about what was found in his back pack) does not suggest that his next step is breaking into a house and burglarizing it: that's like going straight from taking vitamin supplements to do well in sports to getting hooked on steroids. It's a giant leap.

No "nailing" of anything, except in the minds of those without critical thinking skills who make irrational leaps of logic.

Getting suspended from school also doesn't make him a thug or a bad guy. Do you have any idea how many kids get suspended, for a myriad of things? Getting suspended does not a juvenile delinquent make, not by a long, long stretch.

Getting suspended from school for theft makes him a thief. What part of that is a "stretch"? The assumption that someone who has already committed a crime is more apt to commit another one is simple common sense. But you don't want to admit THAT because that spoils your whole "innocent child" narrative.

Zimmy had already committed a crime, a real crime "felony" when he hit a cop, so how come that is being overlooked? It makes good sense that if Zimmy hit a cop, he would be more apt to commit another crime, not being afraid of the cops, but that would spoil your whole "TM is the only one with a record" narrative, wouldn't it? If TM had a "judge" father to get him out of those charges, he'd be as clean as GZ, wouldn't he?

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

Did you actually read that "article" you cited? Or, just the pieces you wanted to use for a source?

Had you read the entire piece, you would have seen that the 2 resisting an officer were from the same incident.

How can a person with felonies get a carry permit?

So if it's guns that create violence, Esmeralda...then kindly explain why a country like Russia that has had a virtual ban on private citizens owning guns for decades has a much higher incidence of murder than the US does?

The fact is...taking guns away from law abiding citizens will do very little to lessen violence because those same law abiding citizens generally aren't the ones killing people. You can see that in a city like Chicago that has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation...yet is enduring an epidemic of murders.

How exactly does one get arrested for "resisting an officer without violence" AND "resisting an officer with violence"? Duh?

That's the kind of nonsense that you post when you get your information from web sites that have an agenda that doesn't correlate well with the truth.

And he was not arrested for domestic violence...he had a restraining order taken out against him by his ex...while she had a similar order taken out against her. Get your facts straight...

How exactly does one get arrested for "resisting an officer without violence" AND "resisting an officer with violence"? Duh?

That's the kind of nonsense that you post when you get your information from web sites that have an agenda that doesn't correlate well with the truth.

Because the original arrest for was Felony assault of a police officer in July 2005 and was being processed though August 2005. At that time Zimmerman coped to a plea deal which dropped to original charged from a felony to a misdemeanor which was a separate filing started in August 2005 and went through July 2006 even though the event date remained the same as the original filing. So as part of a Pre-Trial Diversion program, which in this case required anger management counseling/classes, you end up with mulitple charges at different levels for the same offense.

Once he completed the requirements of the diversion program he was not prosecuted.

The two separate charge filings (one felony and one misdemeanor) originated from the same event and reflect it's processing through the courts.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=5782626
Charges: ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL Statute Level Date
1. CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE 843.01 Third Degree - Felony 07/16/2005
2. BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER 784.07(2)(B) Third Degree - Felony 07/16/2005

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=5797428
Charge Information
Charges: ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL Statute Level Date
1. CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE 843.02 First Degree - Misd 07/14/2005

>>>>

Last edited:

Please cite sources of those countries around the world that don't have the violence or crime we do in these United States but they have very strict gun laws.

LOL This is common knowledge that has been discussed on these forums over and over again. One doesn't need to cite sources for knowledge claims that are common knowledge. If your education is so lacking you think such facts are BS, you need to get an education.

[

I was going to make a comment on your statement about gun nuts, but in seeing your location, there is really no need. Chitcago has strict gun control but more murders by gun that almost anywhere.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

The problem in Chicago is about drugs. They are having a serious problem with drugs being imported, bought and sold there. It's a quite different situation than in other American cities, similar to having the Mafia take over a city. The situation really cannot be compared to average American towns and cities.

With all of your self-proclaimed intelligence and education, how could you write something SO STUPID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back