The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any of that matter? The fact is that TM was being deemed as a thug with a record by the poster I was responding to, while all the charges against GZ are being ignored.

Since it was brought it up, yes, it does matter to get ALL facts straight.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make doesn't matter that it was the same incident.

What was your point by using a link that is clearly labeled "george-zimmerman-son-of-a-retired-judge-has-3-closed-arrests" if it really wan't your point?

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

Since it was brought it up, yes, it does matter to get ALL facts straight.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make doesn't matter that it was the same incident.

What was your point by using a link that is clearly labeled "george-zimmerman-son-of-a-retired-judge-has-3-closed-arrests" if it really wan't your point?

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

A link that if Mertex had actually READ has a disclaimer at the end of the article that they got their facts completely wrong about the number of times Zimmerman was arrested.

What's "ludicrous" is for you to make the claim that Trayvon Martin has never been in trouble with the law. He's a minor. His court records are sealed. He could very well have had numerous brushes with the law that you and I will never be privy to.

It's also amusing to watch you repeatedly try to paint George Zimmerman as a "thug" when his worst transgressions against society were to push an undercover officer's arm away and get into a trading of restraining orders with an ex girlfriend. You're right...he's NOT the average citizen because the average citizen has MORE infractions of the law on their record than Zimmerman.

Ha,ha, I can't believe you are actually saying that......he was ordered to take anger management - that ought to tell you what kind of temper Mr. DoNoWrong has.

If George Zimmerman really DOES have this explosive temper...as you now maintain? Kindly point out some examples of it in his life? You do realize that the liberal media has crawled up his ass with a microscope looking for ANYTHING they can use to portray him as the "angry racist gun owner turned vigilante" and basically come up with NADA?

The anger management class he was ordered to take is the game that our court systems play. Get a speeding ticket...go to traffic school and pay a couple hundred bucks and they don't put points on your license. Get a DUI...go to substance abuse classes and pay a couple hundred buck and they'll give you a lighter sentence. Get arrested on a bogus assaulting a police officer charge...go to anger management class and pay a couple hundred dollars and they drop it down to a misdemeanor. George Zimmerman doesn't HAVE a history of violence! I know you'd LIKE him to but that fact is he really doesn't.

Examples of a violent temper? He has had a restraining order put out on him. Doesn't matter if he and his wife exchanged them. Maybe she is violent too, or maybe he did it to her as a tit for tat. Was she ordered to take anger management? And anger management is not a nothing thing, some kind of pointless trend that the courts do. I know someone who had to go through it and why and that it helped him and kept him out of further trouble in his life. It isn't just 'something' they make people do for no good reason.

Getting arrested, a history of violence, anger, a wanna be policeman, all of these things point to a man who is not a paragon of virtue and not a good old average American, unless we are looking at the lowest common denominator.

To suggest, to assume that Martin has a juvenile record? Please.....that is really pathetic on your part. How very, very pathetic.

This is a real whack job blog mertex linked to. Second page:

George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in ’05 & 2 domestic assaults

ZUAZO, VERONICA vs. ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M
08/09/2005
Div 44
44, TBA
Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS
2005-DR-013069-O

ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE M vs. ZUAZO, VERONICA A
08/10/2005
Div 46
White, Keith F
Domestic Violence
Closed – SRS

Claiming the restraining orders filed by each party against the other as two (2) Domestic Assaults by Zimmerman.

Last edited:
[

I was going to make a comment on your statement about gun nuts, but in seeing your location, there is really no need. Chitcago has strict gun control but more murders by gun that almost anywhere.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Actually, our crime rates aren't any better or worse than anywhere else in the country.

You really need to disconnect yourself from the Hate Radio and learn some facts.

Ha,ha, I can't believe you are actually saying that......he was ordered to take anger management - that ought to tell you what kind of temper Mr. DoNoWrong has.

If George Zimmerman really DOES have this explosive temper...as you now maintain? Kindly point out some examples of it in his life? You do realize that the liberal media has crawled up his ass with a microscope looking for ANYTHING they can use to portray him as the "angry racist gun owner turned vigilante" and basically come up with NADA?

The anger management class he was ordered to take is the game that our court systems play. Get a speeding ticket...go to traffic school and pay a couple hundred bucks and they don't put points on your license. Get a DUI...go to substance abuse classes and pay a couple hundred buck and they'll give you a lighter sentence. Get arrested on a bogus assaulting a police officer charge...go to anger management class and pay a couple hundred dollars and they drop it down to a misdemeanor. George Zimmerman doesn't HAVE a history of violence! I know you'd LIKE him to but that fact is he really doesn't.

Examples of a violent temper? He has had a restraining order put out on him. Doesn't matter if he and his wife exchanged them. Maybe she is violent too, or maybe he did it to her as a tit for tat. Was she ordered to take anger management? And anger management is not a nothing thing, some kind of pointless trend that the courts do. I know someone who had to go through it and why and that it helped him and kept him out of further trouble in his life. It isn't just 'something' they make people do for no good reason.

Getting arrested, a history of violence, anger, a wanna be policeman, all of these things point to a man who is not a paragon of virtue and not a good old average American, unless we are looking at the lowest common denominator.

To suggest, to assume that Martin has a juvenile record? Please.....that is really pathetic on your part. How very, very pathetic.

If those things come into the trial, so will Martin's record. But generally prior crimes are not allowed to come in to show propensity. Example:

The amendment makes clear that the accused cannot attack the alleged victim's character and yet remain shielded from the disclosure of equally relevant evidence concerning the same character trait of the accused. For example, in a murder case with a claim of self-defense, the accused, to bolster this defense, might offer evidence of the alleged victim's violent disposition. If the government has evidence that the accused has a violent character, but is not allowed to offer this evidence as part of its rebuttal, the jury has only part of the information it needs for an informed assessment of the probabilities as to who was the initial aggressor. This may be the case even if evidence of the accused's prior violent acts is admitted under Rule 404(b), because such evidence can be admitted only for limited purposes and not to show action in conformity with the accused's character on a specific occasion. Thus, the amendment is designed to permit a more balanced presentation of character evidence when an accused chooses to attack the character of the alleged victim.

Rule 404. Character Evidence; Crimes or Other Acts | Federal Rules of Evidence | LII / Legal Information Institute

And they will seriously NOT want Trayvon's character evidence presented to the jury. So that is all moot.

So you've got zero examples of Zimmerman's "history of violence" yet you continue to make the charge? Now he's violent because he wanted to become a policeman? Are you serious? You engage in the worst kind of character assassination when it comes to Zimmerman but won't even consider the fact that Martin may very well have a record of run ins with the Police that we are not aware of because he's a minor? Quite frankly if he's been suspended from school for possession of pot and for theft of property and possession of burglary tools then I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T have a juvenile record with the police.

[

I was going to make a comment on your statement about gun nuts, but in seeing your location, there is really no need. Chitcago has strict gun control but more murders by gun that almost anywhere.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Actually, our crime rates aren't any better or worse than anywhere else in the country.

You really need to disconnect yourself from the Hate Radio and learn some facts.

Nice attempt at deflection, Sparky. Chicago has strict gun control laws and it's has a major problem with gun violence. So does Detroit. So does New Orleans. The fact is...taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens doesn't take them out of the hands of those who don't CARE about obeying the law.

[

Nice attempt at deflection, Sparky. Chicago has strict gun control laws and it's has a major problem with gun violence. So does Detroit. So does New Orleans. The fact is...taking guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens doesn't take them out of the hands of those who don't CARE about obeying the law.

No, what those cities have are HIGH DENSITIES OF PEOPLE. And cities with loose gun laws have the same densities and just as many murders, suicides and accidents.

Fact is, we can live with just the criminals. Most gun deaths are suicides, accidents and dumb ass white trash crackers resolving a fight over who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best.

6pkcMilwaukeesBest16oz.jpg

So you've got zero examples of Zimmerman's "history of violence" yet you continue to make the charge? Now he's violent because he wanted to become a policeman? Are you serious? You engage in the worst kind of character assassination when it comes to Zimmerman but won't even consider the fact that Martin may very well have a record of run ins with the Police that we are not aware of because he's a minor? Quite frankly if he's been suspended from school for possession of pot and for theft of property and possession of burglary tools then I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T have a juvenile record with the police.

The worst kind of character assassination is making up out of the blue a juvenile record that doesn't exist. A lot of kids have been suspended multiple times. A suspension can be about skipping school, skipping class, misbehaving in class, mouthing off to the teacher, etc. Kids get suspended all the time. It absolutely does not signal the child being a hoodlum of any kind, neither does having pot on your person. What you know about kids would fit on the head of a pin.

With Zimmerman we have proof about his behavior. My reference about him being a wanna be cop has to do with his vigilantism, which often ends in violence, as it has in this case. Try and put 2 and 2 together. I am not assassinating Zimmerman's character: I am referring to the things we know, we have on record, about his behavior.

Last edited:
[

No, what those cities have are HIGH DENSITIES OF PEOPLE. And cities with loose gun laws have the same densities and just as many murders, suicides and accidents.

Fact is, we can live with just the criminals. Most gun deaths are suicides, accidents and dumb ass white trash crackers resolving a fight over who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best.

Yeah, I'm sure that it's a bunch of "white trash crackers" that are causing your problems in Chicago, JoeB! Those darn crackers have just about taken over Chicago!!!

One of your dumber posts...

[

What Chicago has is a major drug problem. I recently watched a documentary on it. There is a Mexican drug lord that is using Chicago as his point of entry for drugs into the US. He uses Chicago because of it's central location in the US. He is shipping loads of drugs into Chicago where they are sold on the street to the average druggie as well as being distributed around the country from that location. The violence in Chicago is about a type of Mafia criminal element operating there. It isn't the normal, typical kind of violence and crime in other American cities. That is why the violence in Chicago has sky rocketed recently. Has really nothing to do with gun control laws: this is a situation that is way outside normal gun control laws. This is like dealing with a very powering Mafia type of criminal element.

The worst kind of character assassination is making up out of the blue a juvenile record that doesn't exist. A lot of kids have been suspended multiple times. A suspension can be about skipping school, skipping class, misbehaving in class, mouthing off to the teacher, etc. Kids get suspended all the time. It absolutely does not signal the child being a hoodlum of any kind, neither does having pot on your person. What you know about kids would fit on the head of a pin.

With Zimmerman we have proof about his behavior. My reference about him being a wanna be cop has to do with his vigilantism, which often ends in violence, as it has in this case. Try and put 2 and 2 together. I am not assassinating Zimmerman's character: I am referring to the things we know, we have on record, about his behavior.

Your double standard of what "proof" of behavior exists between the two people involved in the shooting continues to amuse me, Esmeralda.

We know that Trayvon Martin was suspended from school for possession of pot and for being found with stolen property and burglary tools. That isn't in dispute. What we don't know about Martin is whether he has a police record because that information is sealed because he is a minor. We can look at his Face Book entries and his texts to his buddies and gather from the pictures of him with a handgun and his referring to himself as "Thug Killa" while talking about the fights he'd been in and make a reasonable assumption of what path young Trayvon was headed down. I haven't made up a juvenile record for Martin...I've simply pointed out that we don't know whether or not one exists.

As for Zimmerman? You talk about putting 2 and 2 together? Fine, let's do that with Zimmerman. You point out that he was a "cop wannabe". That's indeed the case. So does it make any sense to you at all that someone who was trying to BECOME a police officer would knowingly assault one? Zimmerman's testimony is that he pushed away the arm of a man that he didn't know was an undercover officer. Note that he didn't hit him...he simply pushed his arm away. There is a reason why that charge was dropped down the way that it was and it's NOT because Zimmerman's dad was a judge...it's because charging someone with felony assault on a law enforcement official for what Zimmerman did is WAY over the top. That charge never should have been brought in the first place. Whoever the cop was that insisted on arresting him for THAT is an idiot.

You say that you aren't assassinating Zimmerman's character but you go out of your way to believe the worst about him. That pushing away an undercover officer's arm becomes a violent assault on a police officer in your mind. The matching restraining orders that his ex and he took out against each other somehow means that he's guilty of domestic abuse in your eyes, even though there is ZERO proof of that. The truth is...George Zimmerman hasn't displayed any violent tendencies at all. Even the night of his run in with Trayvon Martin it's Martin that appears to have initiated the fight. Zimmerman is simply following someone while calling the Police to report what's going on. Martin is the one who decides to brace the man who's following him instead of simply going to the condo in which he's staying and calling the Police to report the harassment. Martin has no evidence of injury at all save for the fatal bullet wound and an abrasion on his finger. Zimmerman on the other hand looks like a man who's been in a fight and taken a beating. So go ahead and add THAT 2 plus 2 and tell me what you get!

[

What Chicago has is a major drug problem. I recently watched a documentary on it. There is a Mexican drug lord that is using Chicago as his point of entry for drugs into the US. He uses Chicago because of it's central location in the US. He is shipping loads of drugs into Chicago where they are sold on the street to the average druggie as well as being distributed around the country from that location. The violence in Chicago is about a type of Mafia criminal element operating there. It isn't the normal, typical kind of violence and crime in other American cities. That is why the violence in Chicago has sky rocketed recently. Has really nothing to do with gun control laws: this is a situation that is way outside normal gun control laws. This is like dealing with a very powering Mafia type of criminal element.

You obviously were asleep in Geography class, Esmeralda. Chicago is the "entry point" for drugs from Mexico into the United States? DAMN!!! They must have dug one hell of a long tunnel to get from Mexico to Chicago. Who would ever imagined it. (eye roll)

You obviously were asleep in Geography class, Esmeralda. Chicago is the "entry point" for drugs from Mexico into the United States? DAMN!!! They must have dug one hell of a long tunnel to get from Mexico to Chicago. Who would ever imagined it. (eye roll)

Well, then it wouldn't be me with the geography issues, it would be the people making the documentary. How he gets them into Chicago, I don't know, but that is his target and that is where his drug empire is located as far as the US. Has nothing to do with my understanding of geography, so I think you are trying to make a point about nothing. The point of the documentary is that this guy has chosen Chicago because of it's central location in the US, and that is where his drug empire is located, and it is from that point he distributes his drugs around the country. You can be stupid about it if you want.

I'm busting your chops over referring to Chicago as an "entry point" for Mexican drugs, Esmeralda. If you'd like to call Chicago a major distribution point for drugs that are brought in from Mexico then fine but the entry point of Mexican drugs is along our southern border and the Gulf Coast. I'm not stupid about THIS anymore than I'm stupid about any other topic here. You...not so much.

--LOL

she isnt the only one

some think that Norway does not border Russia

--LOL

I'm busting your chops over referring to Chicago as an "entry point" for Mexican drugs, Esmeralda. If you'd like to call Chicago a major distribution point for drugs that are brought in from Mexico then fine but the entry point of Mexican drugs is along our southern border and the Gulf Coast. I'm not stupid about THIS anymore than I'm stupid about any other topic here. You...not so much.

No, you're just a narrow minded, mean spirited, old fart asshole.

[

We know that Trayvon Martin was suspended from school for possession of pot and for being found with stolen property and burglary tools. That isn't in dispute. What we don't know about Martin is whether he has a police record because that information is sealed because he is a minor. We can look at his Face Book entries and his texts to his buddies and gather from the pictures of him with a handgun and his referring to himself as "Thug Killa" while talking about the fights he'd been in and make a reasonable assumption of what path young Trayvon was headed down. I haven't made up a juvenile record for Martin...I've simply pointed out that we don't know whether or not one exists.

!

Well, it's funny you mention that.

Trayvon Martin homeless-fight video: Zimmerman team concedes video isn't of Martin's friends beating up homeless man.

During a pre-trial hearing last week, George Zimmerman's defense lawyer told the court that it had in its possession cellphone footage taken by Trayvon Martin that shows two of his friends "beating up a homeless guy." In reality, Zimmerman's team now concedes, the video is of two homeless men fighting each other over a bike.

What? Seriously? You mean the Defense LIED about Trayvon's violent nature?

Oh, but then there is also this.

The release of that evidence to the public also came only days before Zimmerman's defense announced that it was nearly out of cash and that it would need to raise at least $75,000 "to give George a fighting chance."

Every man is innocent until proven broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back