The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your point by using a link that is clearly labeled "george-zimmerman-son-of-a-retired-judge-has-3-closed-arrests" if it really wan't your point?

A link that if Mertex had actually READ has a disclaimer at the end of the article that they got their facts completely wrong about the number of times Zimmerman was arrested.

It doesn't matter that that particular article was counting the same offense as different offenses, trying to paint him as a law abiding citizen when it is clearly known that he has been in trouble with the law, and that his father has played an important role in keeping him out of jail, doesn't match that picture. We know there have been different reasons for his brush with the law, not just that one "felony" that mysteriously got dropped.

Robert Zimmerman’s influence as a former Judge has far-reaching tentacles. It seems he may have a larger role in the injustice now being witnessed by the family and advocates of deceased Trayvon Martin. The Zimmermans’ influence with the Judicial system in the state of Florida may be circumventing due process and shielding George from prosecution…as appears to have been the case in the past.
George Zimmerman?s Father May Have Had His Son?s Record of 3 Arrests Closed | Black Girl Green World

That article was nothing but a few paragraphs of complete speculation. I'm not sure why you bothered to link it.

Zimmerman's father may well have used his influence to get him out of trouble in the past, and he may well be doing so now, but as far as I'm aware there is no evidence of it.

Today, 04:38 PM
This message is hidden because Mertex is on your ignore list.

I rarely do this, heck I don't even have rdean, Lakhota, nuddly, etc on ignore. But this child went way too far in PMs.
Even threw out the race card.
I feel bad for M's custodial guardian.

Last edited:
A link that if Mertex had actually READ has a disclaimer at the end of the article that they got their facts completely wrong about the number of times Zimmerman was arrested.

It doesn't matter that that particular article was counting the same offense as different offenses, trying to paint him as a law abiding citizen when it is clearly known that he has been in trouble with the law, and that his father has played an important role in keeping him out of jail, doesn't match that picture. We know there have been different reasons for his brush with the law, not just that one "felony" that mysteriously got dropped.

Robert Zimmerman’s influence as a former Judge has far-reaching tentacles. It seems he may have a larger role in the injustice now being witnessed by the family and advocates of deceased Trayvon Martin. The Zimmermans’ influence with the Judicial system in the state of Florida may be circumventing due process and shielding George from prosecution…as appears to have been the case in the past.
George Zimmerman?s Father May Have Had His Son?s Record of 3 Arrests Closed | Black Girl Green World

That article was nothing but a few paragraphs of complete speculation. I'm not sure why you bothered to link it.

Zimmerman's father may well have used his influence to get him out of trouble in the past, and he may well be doing so now, but as far as I'm aware there is no evidence of it.

Exactly!!
Which is why I asked the s/he (rather then using 'it' which is so demeaning) to cough up some proof. M couldn't/didn't do and is why I called M out on it. I gave M several chances.

Last edited:

Oh sure, felonies for hitting a cop just suddenly disappear! I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

[

I'm curious, JoeB...

Do you REALLY think that constantly referring to Trayvon Martin as a "child" is going to make him into one? He wasn't a "child"...he was 17 and he was in good shape. The "child" that you keep referencing gave a grown man a sound beating.

Legally, he was a child. Sorry, man. Too young to buy a drink, enter a contract, join the military or vote.

And certainly too young to be shot down in the street by a bully.

[
And you STILL haven't explained why George Zimmerman organized a protest in Sanford when a local white policeman's son beat up a black homeless man and wasn't charged for it. That's the action of a "malignant racist"? You're only too willing to throw George Zimmerman under the bus and your excuse that it's to prevent a race riot is rather laughable when it's people like yourself who have done everything you can to make this INTO a racially charged event.

It became a racially charged event when the cops decided, "Hey, that's the Judge's son. Must have been standing his ground!"

I could care less about how he tried to screw with a cops son. Given he washed out of every attempt to be a cop himself, maybe he just hates cops. I sincerely do not give a fuck.

He killed a kid. He's going down.

Oh, yeah, and he's almost broke. Watch for his lawyers to throw him under the bus when they stop getting paid.

Today, 04:38 PM
This message is hidden because Mertex is on your ignore list.

I rarely do this, heck I don't even have rdean or Lakhota, nuddly, etc on ignore. But this child went too far in PMs.
Even threw out the race card.
I feel bad for it's Mom.

But that isn't my message, loony. It's your message, so it's not hidden. Geez, how dumb can any one person be?

And, FYI, my mom is dead, so remember the rule you threatened with about family members? Take your own advice.

And if this message is hidden, maybe someone can quote it so you can get informed.

[

Your ignorance of all things continues to rear it's ugly head, Joey! Our court system doesn't convict on a majority decision. If one person decides that George Zimmerman is innocent then he's not "going down". I'm afraid you'll have to content yourself with trying to whip up an angry lynch mob if that happens.

Hey, if one guy decides he's innocent, they go to another trial.

And if by some chance the state jury acquits, don't worry, there will be a federal jury bringing him up on Civil Rights charges. (Again, probably after the riots.)

I won't need to whip up a lynch mob. One will form. Unfortunately, it will probably take out its wrath on some whiteboy who didn't murder a child.

[

Your ignorance of all things continues to rear it's ugly head, Joey! Our court system doesn't convict on a majority decision. If one person decides that George Zimmerman is innocent then he's not "going down". I'm afraid you'll have to content yourself with trying to whip up an angry lynch mob if that happens.

And if by some chance the state jury acquits, don't worry, there will be a federal jury bringing him up on Civil Rights charges. (Again, probably after the riots.)

I won't need to whip up a lynch mob. One will form. Unfortunately, it will probably take out its wrath on some whiteboy who didn't murder a child.

Shows how well he knows our court system - "doesn't convict on a majority decision"? :eek:

[

Shows how well he knows our court system - "doesn't convict on a majority decision"? :eek:

and you think it only takes a majority to convict ?

No, it takes a unanimous jury.

Which means you might have one asshole holding it up for a few days why the other 11 are giving him dirty looks. But that doesn't last long.

Here's the thing. Zimmerman's lawyers are such a bunch of boobs, they might convict him by their sheer incompetence.

the whole "We got Trayvon filming his buddies beating up a homeless guy... oh, no, wait. It's just some vid of two stew-bums fighting.... our bad!"

It's going to be a very one sided fight.

and you think it only takes a majority to convict ?

If all twelve jurors agree, yes, and that is a majority.

Oh sure, felonies for hitting a cop just suddenly disappear! I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

First, as I believe WorldWatcher brought up, that may have been a case of pleading to a lesser charge.

Second, even if it was simply his father using his influence to have the charge dropped, your sarcasm is not EVIDENCE of that. That is the point I was making. Posting a link to someone else's speculation seems silly. We can get all the speculation we need right here. :tongue:

[

In the context of the conversation, majority decision pretty clearly meant 'not-unanimous majority'. Admittedly, I think Oldstyle may have misread what JoeB was saying that brought this up, but still. :tongue:

While a unanimous decision may also be a majority one, because there can be a non-unanimous majority decision, I think the implication is obvious. A jury convicting on a majority decision is meant as non-unanimous.

First, as I believe WorldWatcher brought up, that may have been a case of pleading to a lesser charge.

Second, even if it was simply his father using his influence to have the charge dropped, your sarcasm is not EVIDENCE of that. That is the point I was making. Posting a link to someone else's speculation seems silly. We can get all the speculation we need right here. :tongue:

And like Zimmie's groupies haven't offered up enough speculation about TM?:eusa_hand:

[

I'm curious, JoeB...

Do you REALLY think that constantly referring to Trayvon Martin as a "child" is going to make him into one? He wasn't a "child"...he was 17 and he was in good shape. The "child" that you keep referencing gave a grown man a sound beating.

Legally, he was a child. Sorry, man. Too young to buy a drink, enter a contract, join the military or vote.

And certainly too young to be shot down in the street by a bully.

[
And you STILL haven't explained why George Zimmerman organized a protest in Sanford when a local white policeman's son beat up a black homeless man and wasn't charged for it. That's the action of a "malignant racist"? You're only too willing to throw George Zimmerman under the bus and your excuse that it's to prevent a race riot is rather laughable when it's people like yourself who have done everything you can to make this INTO a racially charged event.

It became a racially charged event when the cops decided, "Hey, that's the Judge's son. Must have been standing his ground!"

I could care less about how he tried to screw with a cops son. Given he washed out of every attempt to be a cop himself, maybe he just hates cops. I sincerely do not give a fuck.

He killed a kid. He's going down.

Oh, yeah, and he's almost broke. Watch for his lawyers to throw him under the bus when they stop getting paid.

So you basically don't HAVE an explanation as to why someone that you refer to as a "malignant racist" would lead a protest of a white man beating a black man? You do realize how stupid that makes you appear? Oh, that's right...you "sincerely do not give a fuck"!

Hate to break this to you, Joe but you're nothing more than a race baiting hate monger. Now run along...serious people are trying to have a discussion...

[

What "civil rights" charge would George Zimmerman be guilty of? You make some of the stupidest posts I've ever seen here. Seriously dude...you embarrass yourself with this stuff. The whole notion that Zimmerman was a racist was something the liberal press pushed SO hard only to have it implode on them. Why? BECAUSE THE MAN ISN'T A RACIST!!! If he WAS he wouldn't have started the protest that he did over the beating of a homeless black man by a white police officer's kid. You try bringing Zimmerman to court on "civil rights" charges and you're going to get laughed out of court.

And like Zimmie's groupies haven't offered up enough speculation about TM?:eusa_hand:

Oh, absolutely!

In fact, I just posted today about how silly I find the surety people on both sides of this debate seem to have, when the evidence available to us seems fairly scant.

This kind of speculation is certainly not limited to those who believe Zimmerman is guilty of murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back