The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[

I base that opinion on the Martin autopsy for one thing. Other than the single fatal gunshot wound the only other damage to Martin's body is a small abrasion on one finger. I'm sorry, but Martin was not punched anywhere because there is no corresponding physical damage as a result of a punch. I know that many people want this to be about Zimmerman assaulting an unarmed teen but the facts in evidence point to Martin as the one who assaulted Zimmerman. Zimmerman has the swollen and bloodied nose...Zimmerman has the concussive lacerations to the back of his head. Quite frankly Zimmerman's injuries correspond to the story that he told police.

That tells me the men weren't in a fight at all. Frankly, if you are in that kind of fight, you are going to have abrasions all over your body.

Also missing- Any gun shot residue on Trayvon's body. If he was shot in a struggle, he'd be covered in it.

LOL When this trial is over, looks like you all are going to be as disappointed as you were when Obama was elected. :eek:

Is that your only response to my queries, Esmeralda? If so it's rather obvious that your "case" against George Zimmerman is based on a political agenda and not the facts.

My point is that YOUR case is based on a poltical agenda and not the facts. You all want so much for Zimmerman to be right, to be excused for setting up the whole thing and murdering an unarmed kid , you over look reality. Unless the jury are a bunch of gun toting racists, they will convict Zimmerman. Anyone who is going to sit there and make up a fantasy police record for this poor dead kid has major issues.

"Your case?" WTF? What do you think this is, a courtroom? No one on here has a "case." And you seriously don't have a "life." You need to log off here and do some things IRL.

@ Esmarelda- I think the problem here is what is on trial is not Zimmerman for these nutters.

It's the notion that we all NEED to have guns to protect ourselves. So in their mind, Trayvon has to become this scary thing, not just some kid who went out for a bag of Skittles and came home in a body bag.

Even if you accept every premise, Zimmerman fucked up in a big way. He misjudged the situation and someone died.

But that would shatter their reality that the NRA and the Gun industry feeds them. It's a scary world, and a gun empowers them.

• Thanks
Reactions: TW
@ Esmarelda- I think the problem here is what is on trial is not Zimmerman for these nutters.

It's the notion that we all NEED to have guns to protect ourselves. So in their mind, Trayvon has to become this scary thing, not just some kid who went out for a bag of Skittles and came home in a body bag.

Even if you accept every premise, Zimmerman fucked up in a big way. He misjudged the situation and someone died.

But that would shatter their reality that the NRA and the Gun industry feeds them. It's a scary world, and a gun empowers them.

Yep. I agree with you 100%. Anyone who wants to go out for a walk in the evening is now a target for an armed vigilante who might view you with suspicion. Zimmerman created the entire scenario here and an unarmed, innocent person just minding his own business ended up dead. What they are supporting is the idea they should all be armed. It's totally political.

I base that opinion on the Martin autopsy for one thing. Other than the single fatal gunshot wound the only other damage to Martin's body is a small abrasion on one finger. I'm sorry, but Martin was not punched anywhere because there is no corresponding physical damage as a result of a punch. I know that many people want this to be about Zimmerman assaulting an unarmed teen but the facts in evidence point to Martin as the one who assaulted Zimmerman. Zimmerman has the swollen and bloodied nose...Zimmerman has the concussive lacerations to the back of his head. Quite frankly Zimmerman's injuries correspond to the story that he told police.

As long as you admit it's opinion, I have no problem with it. You just seemed to be presenting these things as facts. :)

[

That tells me the men weren't in a fight at all. Frankly, if you are in that kind of fight, you are going to have abrasions all over your body.

Also missing- Any gun shot residue on Trayvon's body. If he was shot in a struggle, he'd be covered in it.

Zimmerman's testimony is that Martin punched him in the nose. He had the injury to his nose to back up that testimony. Punching someone in the nose is not going to cause abrasions to suddenly appear all over your body. It isn't even going to cause an abrasion on your knuckles. Zimmerman testimony is that Martin straddled him and banged his head against the ground. He has the concussive laceration to the back of his skull to back up THAT statement. Banging someone's head against the ground isn't going to cause abrasions to appear all over your body either.

You're now trying to say that there WAS no fight which is ridiculous since you can HEAR a fight taking place on the 9/11 calls.

Your theory of what happened that night isn't backed up by either the physical evidence or the witnesses who either heard or saw a fight taking place. You're forced to make absurd claims like that however because your version of events won't show Martin as a "victim" unless we totally ignore those witnesses and that physical evidence.

Yep. I agree with you 100%. Anyone who wants to go out for a walk in the evening is now a target for an armed vigilante who might view you with suspicion. Zimmerman created the entire scenario here and an unarmed, innocent person just minding his own business ended up dead. What they are supporting is the idea they should all be armed. It's totally political.

What took place that night only turned into a fatal encounter because Martin chose to react with violence when none was needed. You've made the leap of logic that Martin has a right to physically attack someone for simply following him and no other choices. The response of an average innocent person minding their own business to someone following them would NOT be to attack them. That response isn't legal. That response isn't warranted. It's an escalation of the situation that puts Martin at fault for what occurs subsequent to that taking place. The proper response to someone following you is to either call 9/11 to report it...to go someplace where you will be safe...or to talk the situation out and diffuse it. Trayvon Martin did NONE OF THESE THINGS!

He didn't ask the Police for assistance. He didn't go to the condo he was staying at...even though there is a four minute gap between when he turns the corner going out of Zimmerman's sight and when the fight begins. He didn't try to explain to Zimmerman that he was staying at one of the units as the guest of his father's girlfriend. He didn't do any of those things that a reasonable person would have done in the situation he found himself in. He decided to pick a fight with the person that was following him. THAT is the decision that turns him from an innocent person out for a walk into a person committing a crime.

Last edited:

There is a very poignant issue here which you gloss over by saying things like, "So in their mind, Trayvon has to become this scary thing, not just some kid who went out for a bag of Skittles and came home in a body bag."

That issue has to be: whose actions were responsible for his death. It is likely that both had a part in it, but his shit about an innocent kid going out for Skittles has to go. That was certainly the Trayvon Martin of the cherubic-looking little kid in the first reports, but not what he was at the time.

Last edited:

There is a very poignant issue here which you gloss over by saying things like, "So in their mind, Trayvon has to become this scary thing, not just some kid who went out for a bag of Skittles and came home in a body bag."

That issue has to be: whose actions were responsible for his death. It is likely that both had a part in it, but his shit about an innocent kid going out for Skittles has to go. That was certainly the Trayvon Martin of the cherubic-looking little kid in the first reports, but not what he was at the time.

Who Trayvon Martin "was" can't be brought into evidence in court. What can be brought into evidence is what his response was when given choices about how to deal with the situation that he found himself in that night. It's hard to reconcile the "innocent child" portrayal of people like Esmeralda and JoeB with the 17 year old who punched George Zimmerman in the face. That was a drastic escalation of violence as was the decision to get on top of a man that you've knocked down and start slamming his head into the ground. Those aren't the actions of an "innocent child"...those are the actions of an aggressive person with anger issues.

[

Zimmerman's testimony is that Martin punched him in the nose. He had the injury to his nose to back up that testimony. Punching someone in the nose is not going to cause abrasions to suddenly appear all over your body. It isn't even going to cause an abrasion on your knuckles. Zimmerman testimony is that Martin straddled him and banged his head against the ground. He has the concussive laceration to the back of his skull to back up THAT statement. Banging someone's head against the ground isn't going to cause abrasions to appear all over your body either.

You're now trying to say that there WAS no fight which is ridiculous since you can HEAR a fight taking place on the 9/11 calls.

Your theory of what happened that night isn't backed up by either the physical evidence or the witnesses who either heard or saw a fight taking place. You're forced to make absurd claims like that however because your version of events won't show Martin as a "victim" unless we totally ignore those witnesses and that physical evidence.

These would be the witnesses who didn't want to appear in open court, and the judge called bullshit on that.

Frankly, being punched in the nose is NOT a life threatening situation that requires immediate use of deadly force.

You clowns tried to claim that Trayvon was beating the Racist within an inch of his life, and firing a gun was his only recourse.

No, not at all.

Point was, he had every right to be out on that street.

Zimmerman hunted him down, ignored a police directive NOT to follow him, and then shot him in cold blood.

Is that your only response to my queries, Esmeralda? If so it's rather obvious that your "case" against George Zimmerman is based on a political agenda and not the facts.

My point is that YOUR case is based on a poltical agenda and not the facts. You all want so much for Zimmerman to be right, to be excused for setting up the whole thing and murdering an unarmed kid , you over look reality. Unless the jury are a bunch of gun toting racists, they will convict Zimmerman. Anyone who is going to sit there and make up a fantasy police record for this poor dead kid has major issues.

"Your case?" WTF? What do you think this is, a courtroom? No one on here has a "case." And you seriously don't have a "life." You need to log off here and do some things IRL.
Not every use of the word "case" has to do with court cases. Here, enlighten yourself.

case [ kayss ]
situation: a situation or set of circumstances

And try to stay on topic instead of attacking other posters, it's not like you're so into RL yourself.

The fact is that those comments didn't sit well with you because you are one of the ones trying to paint Zimmerman into an altar boy (which he might have been at one time) but has since fallen from grace.

All I want is for George Zimmerman to get a fair trial. I don't want to see him get crucified because people like you and JoeB decided he was a "gun toting racist" long before the trial even began.

Who's REALLY at fault here? Who REALLY escalated the situation to one of violence? Your whole notion of guilt for Zimmerman is solely based on the fact that he followed Trayvon Martin which he did in fact do. What you can't seem to grasp is that following someone is not illegal nor does it constitute assault. George Zimmerman didn't follow after Trayvon Martin screaming racial invectives. George Zimmerman didn't initiate a physical confrontation. George Zimmerman didn't punch Trayvon Martin in the face. George Zimmerman didn't slam Trayvon Martin's head against the ground.

What George Zimmerman DID do was pull out a concealed weapon and shoot someone that was attacking him. Not BEFORE the attack took place but after Trayvon Martin had proceeded to give him a good old fashioned ass kicking. Those cries for help that witnesses heard? Trayvon Martin's father stated that night that he didn't think that was his son's voice screaming for help which makes the man crying out for help, George Zimmerman. He's crying out for help and none is coming. He's on the ground, Trayvon Martin is on top of him and Martin is going to town. THAT is the point that Zimmerman finally is able to draw his gun and shoot one time. That is the point where Zimmerman defended himself.

And I didn't make up a fantasy police report about Trayvon Martin. I simply stated that he was suspended from school for possession of pot and for being in possession of stolen property and burglary tools. That isn't a "fantasy" I've cooked up. That's reality. I don't KNOW what Trayvon Martin's status with the Police is at that point because he was a juvenile and those records are sealed. What you have to ask yourself is which is more likely...that Trayvon HAS a police record or that he does not? I would assume that he has some sort of record simply for doing what got him suspended from school. Quite frankly I would be shocked if he didn't.

How do you know all these things? Zimmerman could have initiated a physical confrontation. He could have punched Martin in the face. The biggest problem I have with all of the speculation is that it IS speculation, but is treated so often as fact.

The evidence I have seen does not seem like enough to convict Zimmerman of murder. It does not exonerate him, either. Whether he was at fault or not may well end up unanswered whatever the outcome of the trial.

Maybe the evidence as you interpret it. But there is enough evidence to suggest that GZ was out to get someone that night. TM happened to be his target and the fact that he was black and wearing a hoodie made him "suspicious" in GZ's mind. If they are able to convince the jury that the cry for help is coming from TM, that would be another piece of evidence that it was GZ that was being aggressive. Just that would be enough to convict someone of "murder".

All I want is for George Zimmerman to get a fair trial. I don't want to see him get crucified because people like you and JoeB decided he was a "gun toting racist" long before the trial even began.

Who's REALLY at fault here? Who REALLY escalated the situation to one of violence? Your whole notion of guilt for Zimmerman is solely based on the fact that he followed Trayvon Martin which he did in fact do. What you can't seem to grasp is that following someone is not illegal nor does it constitute assault. George Zimmerman didn't follow after Trayvon Martin screaming racial invectives. George Zimmerman didn't initiate a physical confrontation. George Zimmerman didn't punch Trayvon Martin in the face. George Zimmerman didn't slam Trayvon Martin's head against the ground.

What George Zimmerman DID do was pull out a concealed weapon and shoot someone that was attacking him. Not BEFORE the attack took place but after Trayvon Martin had proceeded to give him a good old fashioned ass kicking. Those cries for help that witnesses heard? Trayvon Martin's father stated that night that he didn't think that was his son's voice screaming for help which makes the man crying out for help, George Zimmerman. He's crying out for help and none is coming. He's on the ground, Trayvon Martin is on top of him and Martin is going to town. THAT is the point that Zimmerman finally is able to draw his gun and shoot one time. That is the point where Zimmerman defended himself.

And I didn't make up a fantasy police report about Trayvon Martin. I simply stated that he was suspended from school for possession of pot and for being in possession of stolen property and burglary tools. That isn't a "fantasy" I've cooked up. That's reality. I don't KNOW what Trayvon Martin's status with the Police is at that point because he was a juvenile and those records are sealed. What you have to ask yourself is which is more likely...that Trayvon HAS a police record or that he does not? I would assume that he has some sort of record simply for doing what got him suspended from school. Quite frankly I would be shocked if he didn't.

How do you know all these things? Zimmerman could have initiated a physical confrontation. He could have punched Martin in the face. The biggest problem I have with all of the speculation is that it IS speculation, but is treated so often as fact.

The evidence I have seen does not seem like enough to convict Zimmerman of murder. It does not exonerate him, either. Whether he was at fault or not may well end up unanswered whatever the outcome of the trial.

Maybe the evidence as you interpret it. But there is enough evidence to suggest that GZ was out to get someone that night. TM happened to be his target and the fact that he was black and wearing a hoodie made him "suspicious" in GZ's mind. If they are able to convince the jury that the cry for help is coming from TM, that would be another piece of evidence that it was GZ that was being aggressive. Just that would be enough to convict someone of "murder".

sounds like a fabrication of evidence

out to get someone ? poppycock---what evidence ?

Google the 911 recordings, there is plenty there.

Google the 911 recordings, there is plenty there.

what evidence is on the 9-1-1 call

[

These would be the witnesses who didn't want to appear in open court, and the judge called bullshit on that.

Frankly, being punched in the nose is NOT a life threatening situation that requires immediate use of deadly force.

You clowns tried to claim that Trayvon was beating the Racist within an inch of his life, and firing a gun was his only recourse.

When someone punches you in the face, knocking you to the ground then proceeds to sit on top of you and slam your head into the ground that is the very definition of a life threatening situation. That isn't someone who's content to "win" a fight...that's someone intent on doing damage to you.

Martin wasn't stopping his assault on Zimmerman...even after he knocked him to the ground. It takes a certain mind set to continue to beat on someone that's down on the ground and it's NOT the mind set of an "innocent child".

Not every use of the word "case" has to do with court cases. Here, enlighten yourself.

case [ kayss ]
situation: a situation or set of circumstances

And try to stay on topic instead of attacking other posters, it's not like you're so into RL yourself.

The fact is that those comments didn't sit well with you because you are one of the ones trying to paint Zimmerman into an altar boy (which he might have been at one time) but has since fallen from grace.

Little Miss SS will attack me no matter what. I could save her grandmother from drowning and she'd still find fault with every breath I take. What's hilarious is she is here as much or more than I am, and she's telling me to get a life. Only reason I'm here a bit more than usual at present is because the job is substantially slower right now and I've been posting from work the past couple of weeks. Has nothing to do with not being into RL; has to do with I'm at my computer anyway and just fooling around.

And you are right about the 'case' thing, absolutely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back