The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very poignant issue here which you gloss over by saying things like, "So in their mind, Trayvon has to become this scary thing, not just some kid who went out for a bag of Skittles and came home in a body bag."

That issue has to be: whose actions were responsible for his death. It is likely that both had a part in it, but his shit about an innocent kid going out for Skittles has to go. That was certainly the Trayvon Martin of the cherubic-looking little kid in the first reports, but not what he was at the time.

No, not at all.

Point was, he had every right to be out on that street.

Zimmerman hunted him down, ignored a police directive NOT to follow him, and then shot him in cold blood.

Having the right to be on the street is not having the right to give someone a beating for following you. George Zimmerman ALSO has the right to be on the street.

Zimmerman followed Martin...he didn't hunt him.

The police directive not to follow a suspect was given, I would assume, for George Zimmerman's safety not because Zimmerman was violating any law doing so. Why would the Police do that? Because you don't know what a suspect might do if he's cornered. He might become violent. He might punch you in the face. He might jump on top of you and pound your head into the ground. The Police caution against that because they're only too aware of what can happen on the street.

The term "in cold blood" is so completely wrong in this case it once again proves how clueless you are about this case. Shooting someone that has punched you in the face, has pinned you and is pounding your head against the ground is not shooting someone in "cold blood". If Zimmerman had walked up to Martin and shot him before Martin punched him THEN that would be a cold blooded murder. That didn't happen.

[

Zimmerman's testimony is that Martin punched him in the nose. He had the injury to his nose to back up that testimony. Punching someone in the nose is not going to cause abrasions to suddenly appear all over your body. It isn't even going to cause an abrasion on your knuckles. Zimmerman testimony is that Martin straddled him and banged his head against the ground. He has the concussive laceration to the back of his skull to back up THAT statement. Banging someone's head against the ground isn't going to cause abrasions to appear all over your body either.

You're now trying to say that there WAS no fight which is ridiculous since you can HEAR a fight taking place on the 9/11 calls.

Your theory of what happened that night isn't backed up by either the physical evidence or the witnesses who either heard or saw a fight taking place. You're forced to make absurd claims like that however because your version of events won't show Martin as a "victim" unless we totally ignore those witnesses and that physical evidence.

These would be the witnesses who didn't want to appear in open court, and the judge called bullshit on that.

Frankly, being punched in the nose is NOT a life threatening situation that requires immediate use of deadly force.

You clowns tried to claim that Trayvon was beating the Racist within an inch of his life, and firing a gun was his only recourse.

When someone punches you in the face, knocking you to the ground then proceeds to sit on top of you and slam your head into the ground that is the very definition of a life threatening situation. That isn't someone who's content to "win" a fight...that's someone intent on doing damage to you.
And you have a video to back your claim that TM punched GZ in the face and sat on him?
You just have GZ's word, and there have been several incidents where he has been found to lie, so, meh, it doesn't compute.

Martin wasn't stopping his assault on Zimmerman...even after he knocked him to the ground. It takes a certain mind set to continue to beat on someone that's down on the ground and it's NOT the mind set of an "innocent child".
Again, this is just conjecture on the word of GZ, the one who has been caught lying more than once.

@ Esmarelda- I think the problem here is what is on trial is not Zimmerman for these nutters.

It's the notion that we all NEED to have guns to protect ourselves. So in their mind, Trayvon has to become this scary thing, not just some kid who went out for a bag of Skittles and came home in a body bag.

Even if you accept every premise, Zimmerman fucked up in a big way. He misjudged the situation and someone died.

But that would shatter their reality that the NRA and the Gun industry feeds them. It's a scary world, and a gun empowers them.
Thank you for that reality check.

I think what this case and this thread exemplify is the ease with which so many Americans descend into hysteria and delusion.

All I want is for George Zimmerman to get a fair trial. I don't want to see him get crucified because people like you and JoeB decided he was a "gun toting racist" long before the trial even began.

Who's REALLY at fault here? Who REALLY escalated the situation to one of violence? Your whole notion of guilt for Zimmerman is solely based on the fact that he followed Trayvon Martin which he did in fact do. What you can't seem to grasp is that following someone is not illegal nor does it constitute assault. George Zimmerman didn't follow after Trayvon Martin screaming racial invectives. George Zimmerman didn't initiate a physical confrontation. George Zimmerman didn't punch Trayvon Martin in the face. George Zimmerman didn't slam Trayvon Martin's head against the ground.

What George Zimmerman DID do was pull out a concealed weapon and shoot someone that was attacking him. Not BEFORE the attack took place but after Trayvon Martin had proceeded to give him a good old fashioned ass kicking. Those cries for help that witnesses heard? Trayvon Martin's father stated that night that he didn't think that was his son's voice screaming for help which makes the man crying out for help, George Zimmerman. He's crying out for help and none is coming. He's on the ground, Trayvon Martin is on top of him and Martin is going to town. THAT is the point that Zimmerman finally is able to draw his gun and shoot one time. That is the point where Zimmerman defended himself.

And I didn't make up a fantasy police report about Trayvon Martin. I simply stated that he was suspended from school for possession of pot and for being in possession of stolen property and burglary tools. That isn't a "fantasy" I've cooked up. That's reality. I don't KNOW what Trayvon Martin's status with the Police is at that point because he was a juvenile and those records are sealed. What you have to ask yourself is which is more likely...that Trayvon HAS a police record or that he does not? I would assume that he has some sort of record simply for doing what got him suspended from school. Quite frankly I would be shocked if he didn't.

How do you know all these things? Zimmerman could have initiated a physical confrontation. He could have punched Martin in the face. The biggest problem I have with all of the speculation is that it IS speculation, but is treated so often as fact.

The evidence I have seen does not seem like enough to convict Zimmerman of murder. It does not exonerate him, either. Whether he was at fault or not may well end up unanswered whatever the outcome of the trial.

Maybe the evidence as you interpret it. But there is enough evidence to suggest that GZ was out to get someone that night. TM happened to be his target and the fact that he was black and wearing a hoodie made him "suspicious" in GZ's mind. If they are able to convince the jury that the cry for help is coming from TM, that would be another piece of evidence that it was GZ that was being aggressive. Just that would be enough to convict someone of "murder".

Even if Zimmerman were 'out to get someone' that night, it's not the same as saying he was out to murder someone. Do you have evidence that murder was his intent? It's evidence that's important, evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's what has me leaning towards an acquittal, the evidence for murder just isn't compelling enough. Yes, Zimmerman may well have acted badly. He may have been following a completely innocent boy. He may have profiled him based on his dress, his age, his race. He may have followed him against the advice of the 911 operator. Hell, he may even have initiated the physical confrontation. That still might not be enough to convict of murder, if a jury thinks it's possible Zimmerman ended up in fear for his life because Martin was beating him up so badly.

This seems to me like it may have been an absolutely horrible and tragic decision on Zimmerman's part. Would Martin have killed him? Or was he just getting his ass kicked and didn't know how to respond to that? If Zimmerman hadn't had a gun, would he have ended up dead, or just with some cuts and bruises and a little humiliation? Did Zimmerman overreact because of his preconceptions of Martin as a criminal? All of this seems possible.

None of it appears sure, however, which is why I suspect murder charges won't stick. Something more along the lines of manslaughter seems more likely to me, if there isn't simply an acquittal.

But I'm no expert! I certainly don't know for sure how things will end up, especially if there's evidence the public is unaware of.

These would be the witnesses who didn't want to appear in open court, and the judge called bullshit on that.

Frankly, being punched in the nose is NOT a life threatening situation that requires immediate use of deadly force.

You clowns tried to claim that Trayvon was beating the Racist within an inch of his life, and firing a gun was his only recourse.

When someone punches you in the face, knocking you to the ground then proceeds to sit on top of you and slam your head into the ground that is the very definition of a life threatening situation. That isn't someone who's content to "win" a fight...that's someone intent on doing damage to you.
And you have a video to back your claim that TM punched GZ in the face and sat on him?
You just have GZ's word, and there have been several incidents where he has been found to lie, so, meh, it doesn't compute.

Martin wasn't stopping his assault on Zimmerman...even after he knocked him to the ground. It takes a certain mind set to continue to beat on someone that's down on the ground and it's NOT the mind set of an "innocent child".
Again, this is just conjecture on the word of GZ, the one who has been caught lying more than once.

Do I have a video? Did you really just ask that question? Of course I don't. What I "do" have is physical evidence...the testimony of witnesses...the recordings of phone calls...and the testimony of George Zimmerman. It's obvious that someone punched George Zimmerman in the nose. Now since it was just he and Trayvon Martin that were THERE it's not hard to deduce that it was probably Martin that threw that punch. There is eye witness testimony that says a man was sitting on top of another man like in an MMA fight and striking him. Since Martin has no damage to his body other than a small abrasion on his finger and the fatal gunshot wound that killed him...and Zimmerman has exactly the types of damage that would have resulted from an attack such as the witness said he saw it's also not hard to deduce that it was Zimmerman on the bottom and Martin on top assaulting him. That isn't just "conjecture" on the word of George Zimmerman...it's the only explanation of what happened that makes any sense at all given the physical evidence, the eyewitness testimony and George Zimmerman's testimony.

Plenty. You just have to be objective to see it, which may pose a problem for you.

post it

Are you incapable of doing your own research? Lazy or just not intuitive enough?

New evidence against George Zimmerman spans 67 CDs | News 13

still doesnt point to any evidence against zim

in the 9-1-1 call

just today in court it was revealed that there is another witness that saw

martin on top of zim and heard zim screaming

You've got to know that there are now people out there that saw or heard that fight who now want nothing more than to run from this situation because of people like JoeB that have already promised mob violence if Zimmerman is found not guilty.

Last edited:
martin on top of zim and heard zim screaming

This was not screaming, this was crying out ......... because at that moment Zimmerman realized the harsh realities of being weak and having a small dick, prosecution needs to find out if Zimmerman has any penis enlargement products in his possession, and also find out if his wife had been cheating on him with a black man to get some real sex.
Eg.
I recently found my very hot looking younger wife get fucked by a black man ................... in MY expensive house, in MY expensive bed.
At first I thought she was getting raped because she was screaming, but as I watched those big black balls slap against her ass .......... I realized they were screams of ecstasy ........... I then shouted:
What the fuck do you think you are doing ?.........

He stopped, then pulled out, then stood up on the bed ................. without saying a word .......... he tilted his head just like that Hip Hop artist JZ ................ then slapped me in the face with his penis ............ needless to say .... I was appalled.
Now just because I can't kick his ass, doesn't give me the right to kill that man with a gun, even if I did, the legal fee's would have hurt me more than my pride, but I don't have a gun anyway, I just told the both of them to get out of MY house and finish that up somewhere else .......... life goes on for everyone, I except the fact I have a smaller dick, and ill just find myself another wife.

You've got to know that there are now people out there that saw or heard that fight who now want nothing more than to run from this situation because of people like JoeB that have already promised mob violence is Zimmerman is found not guilty.

/thread kill

expect for JoB, who will argue that the sun doesn't rise in the East.

[

If he was beating him senseless, then his hands would have been seriously bruised. If he was on top of him when he was shot, then he would have been covered in Gun Shot Residue.

But again, you are acting like I give a fuck when I've already said, I'm willing to throw Zimmmerman under the bus to prevent race riots and tell the next dumb slackjawed cracker he'd better not even think about it.

And unless you get the trial moved to Simi Valley or something, don't expect a jury to buy the bullshit, either.

[

Having the right to be on the street is not having the right to give someone a beating for following you. George Zimmerman ALSO has the right to be on the street.

The police directive not to follow a suspect was given, I would assume, for George Zimmerman's safety not because Zimmerman was violating any law doing so. Why would the Police do that? Because you don't know what a suspect might do if he's cornered. He might become violent. He might punch you in the face. He might jump on top of you and pound your head into the ground. The Police caution against that because they're only too aware of what can happen on the street.

The term "in cold blood" is so completely wrong in this case it once again proves how clueless you are about this case. Shooting someone that has punched you in the face, has pinned you and is pounding your head against the ground is not shooting someone in "cold blood". If Zimmerman had walked up to Martin and shot him before Martin punched him THEN that would be a cold blooded murder. That didn't happen.

The fact Zimmerman was out there with a gun on his person tells me he has out there to hunt someone...

+.jpg

"Be vewy, vewy quiet, I'm hunting wascally coons... er... Punks."

Maybe the cops told him to stand down because they knew he was the local asshole who called the cops every time he saw a black kid skateboarding.

[

If he was beating him senseless, then his hands would have been seriously bruised. If he was on top of him when he was shot, then he would have been covered in Gun Shot Residue.

But again, you are acting like I give a fuck when I've already said, I'm willing to throw Zimmmerman under the bus to prevent race riots and tell the next dumb slackjawed cracker he'd better not even think about it.

And unless you get the trial moved to Simi Valley or something, don't expect a jury to buy the bullshit, either.

The biggest bullshit in Zimmerman's story to me is that he quotes Martin as saying "You're gonna die tonight." That is such BS. Trayvon was a 17 year old kid who was not in a gang, had never been in a situation that would indicate it would be normal for him to talk or think like that. Nothing in his background would suggest his plan would be to kill someone in cold blood, which is what the quote suggests. It's like something out of a TV show or a B movie. Something Zimmerman believed a gangbanger would say. Only he picked the wrong kid. He chased down a kid he thouht was some kind of house breaker and gangster, and so he made up that statement because he thought it fit. I didn't fit; it doesn't fit with what Trayvon was. It's total BS. A complete fabricaton. Trayvon didn't say that; this is something patently obvious. When you realize that, you realize there is nothing in Zimmerman's story that can be believed. Also, when you realize he had lied to the court about his finances, you realize he has no hesitation to lie to authorities, and, again, nothing he says can be believed.

I'll bet the jury doesn't buy any of Zimmerman's BS.

Last edited:
[

The biggest bullshit in Zimmerman's story to me is that he quotes Martin as saying "You're gonna die tonight." That is such BS. Trayvon was a 17 year old kid who was not in a gang, had never been in a situation that would indicate it would be normal for him to talk or think like that. Nothing in his background would suggest his plan would be to kill someone in cold blood, which is what the quote suggests. It's like something out of a TV show or a B movie. Something Zimmerman believed a gangbanger would say. Only he picked the wrong kid. He chased down a kid he thouht was some kind of house breaker and gangster, and so he made up that statement because he thought it fit. I didn't fit; it doesn't fit with what Trayvon was. It's total BS. A complete fabricaton. Trayvon didn't say that; this is something patently obvious. When you realize that, you realize there is nothing in Zimmerman's story that can be believed. Also, when you realize he had lied to the court about his finances, you realize he has no hesitation to lie to authorities, and, again, nothing he says can be believed.

I bet nobody buys yours either.

[

Zimmerman testified that Martin was banging his head against the ground...not punching him...which would do no damage to Martin's fists. New Video, Audio Released Of Zimmerman?s Account Of Fatal Fight « CBS Miami Nor would the one punch to Zimmerman's nose.

Zimmerman had gun shot residue on his hand...Martin had gun shot residue on his chest...something that backs up Zimmerman's account of shooting Martin at close range.

Zimmerman is hardly a "cracker" you ignorant buffoon. He's Hispanic.

Your "concern" over preventing a race riot is laughable since you're the one who keeps trying to make this a racial issue when the reality is that George Zimmerman wasn't a racist...something that was made quite clear from his protesting of the beating of Sherman Ware, a black homeless man, by the son of a Sanford police officer.

You've got to know that there are now people out there that saw or heard that fight who now want nothing more than to run from this situation because of people like JoeB that have already promised mob violence is Zimmerman is found not guilty.

/thread kill

expect for JoB, who will argue that the sun doesn't rise in the East.

wassirite? JoeB is so uncertain, he wont even wager with me. bwahahahaha!

@ Dillo-

Your boy is going down for murder. Deal with it.

[

Link? Credible one of course.

Your repeating of the SOS over and over and over ad nauseum doesn't/will not change your false 'factoids'. Calling Martin a 'kid' or a "child" doesn't change the facts in evidence.

I can hardly wait for Monday....whoooot!

[

The fact Zimmerman was out there with a gun on his person tells me he has out there to hunt someone...

+.jpg

"Be vewy, vewy quiet, I'm hunting wascally coons... er... Punks."

Maybe the cops told him to stand down because they knew he was the local asshole who called the cops every time he saw a black kid skateboarding.

Gee, Joe...I carry routinely...does THAT tell you that I'm out there to "hunt" someone? Because in over twenty years of concealed carry I've never drawn my weapon in anger...let alone shot someone with it. Your contention on that is as full of shit as the rest of your contentions.

As for why the Police told Zimmerman not to follow Martin? They were most likely concerned for Zimmerman's own safety not because they thought he was a racist "local asshole". In this case that concern appears to have been warranted because Martin did indeed attack the man that had been following him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back