The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[

We know that Trayvon Martin was suspended from school for possession of pot and for being found with stolen property and burglary tools. That isn't in dispute. What we don't know about Martin is whether he has a police record because that information is sealed because he is a minor. We can look at his Face Book entries and his texts to his buddies and gather from the pictures of him with a handgun and his referring to himself as "Thug Killa" while talking about the fights he'd been in and make a reasonable assumption of what path young Trayvon was headed down. I haven't made up a juvenile record for Martin...I've simply pointed out that we don't know whether or not one exists.

!

Well, it's funny you mention that.

Trayvon Martin homeless-fight video: Zimmerman team concedes video isn't of Martin's friends beating up homeless man.

During a pre-trial hearing last week, George Zimmerman's defense lawyer told the court that it had in its possession cellphone footage taken by Trayvon Martin that shows two of his friends "beating up a homeless guy." In reality, Zimmerman's team now concedes, the video is of two homeless men fighting each other over a bike.

What? Seriously? You mean the Defense LIED about Trayvon's violent nature?

Oh, but then there is also this.

The release of that evidence to the public also came only days before Zimmerman's defense announced that it was nearly out of cash and that it would need to raise at least $75,000 "to give George a fighting chance."

Every man is innocent until proven broke!

But who gives a shit if the man is innocent, right?

Best we toss an innocent man overboard for the sake of expediency.

[

The release of that evidence to the public also came only days before Zimmerman's defense announced that it was nearly out of cash and that it would need to raise at least $75,000 "to give George a fighting chance."

He shot an unarmed child.

There's no moral universe where this guy is innocent.

At best, his poor judgement instigated a confrontation that left that child dead.

At worst, he was a malignant racist who hunted down that child.

And, yes, I'm totally willing to throw this guy under the bus for the sake of preventing a race riot where a useful person might be injured.

The world will not be a lesser place for the loss of George "The Punisher" Zimmerman.

[

At best, his poor judgement instigated a confrontation that left that child dead.

And, yes, I'm totally willing to throw this guy under the bus for the sake of preventing a race riot where a useful person might be injured.

The world will not be a lesser place for the loss of George "The Punisher" Zimmerman.

Mob Rule, the foundation of civilization.

:thup:

Of course it is. Sorry that you missed that in history class.

Fact is, if the majority wants Zimmerman to go down, he's going down.

It's too bad that his lawyers have their own agenda. His best bet would be to plead guilty to manslaughter or some lesser charge. Instead, the gun whacks have made him their mascot, and he's probably going to have to endure extra years of prison rape.

If that's what you learned in history class then, you should sue your school for gross negligence.

If that's what you learned in history class then, you should sue your school for gross negligence.

Frankly, I look at the world and wonder when this civilization shit is going to start.

Maybe it starts when we hold thugs accountable for shooting children.

It's amazing how sure people are that they know so much about this case. They know the personalities of Martin and Zimmerman, they know so many specifics of what happened on that night, they know what the prosecution and defense are going to do.

I don't know why they bother with trials! Just get the USMB posters together to let them know the facts of the case! :tongue:

I'm busting your chops over referring to Chicago as an "entry point" for Mexican drugs, Esmeralda. If you'd like to call Chicago a major distribution point for drugs that are brought in from Mexico then fine but the entry point of Mexican drugs is along our southern border and the Gulf Coast. I'm not stupid about THIS anymore than I'm stupid about any other topic here. You...not so much.

No, you're just a narrow minded, mean spirited, old fart asshole.

Gee, Esmeralda...you're not one of those people who get pissy when they post something really stupid and get ridiculed for it...are you? :razz:

[

I'm curious, JoeB...

Do you REALLY think that constantly referring to Trayvon Martin as a "child" is going to make him into one? He wasn't a "child"...he was 17 and he was in good shape. The "child" that you keep referencing gave a grown man a sound beating.

And you STILL haven't explained why George Zimmerman organized a protest in Sanford when a local white policeman's son beat up a black homeless man and wasn't charged for it. That's the action of a "malignant racist"? You're only too willing to throw George Zimmerman under the bus and your excuse that it's to prevent a race riot is rather laughable when it's people like yourself who have done everything you can to make this INTO a racially charged event.

Fact is, if the majority wants Zimmerman to go down, he's going down.

It's too bad that his lawyers have their own agenda. His best bet would be to plead guilty to manslaughter or some lesser charge. Instead, the gun whacks have made him their mascot, and he's probably going to have to endure extra years of prison rape.

Your ignorance of all things continues to rear it's ugly head, Joey! Our court system doesn't convict on a majority decision. If one person decides that George Zimmerman is innocent then he's not "going down". I'm afraid you'll have to content yourself with trying to whip up an angry lynch mob if that happens.

Your ignorance of all things continues to rear it's ugly head, Joey! Our court system doesn't convict on a majority decision. If one person decides that George Zimmerman is innocent then he's not "going down". I'm afraid you'll have to content yourself with trying to whip up an angry lynch mob if that happens.

So far as I can tell, only two states do allow felony convictions on a majority decision, and Florida isn't one of them.

Hell, I didn't realize ANY states allowed it until I looked it up! :redface:

I'm busting your chops over referring to Chicago as an "entry point" for Mexican drugs, Esmeralda. If you'd like to call Chicago a major distribution point for drugs that are brought in from Mexico then fine but the entry point of Mexican drugs is along our southern border and the Gulf Coast. I'm not stupid about THIS anymore than I'm stupid about any other topic here. You...not so much.
I protest !!

Your analysis is much too sloppy! You are not considering the northern border, and are letting those liberal, devil-may-care, live-and-let-live Canadians off the hook much too easily!!

It would be child's play for a Mexican (or CIA?) Drug Lord to spirit any amount of contraband past the lax Canadian border patrol into Canada, and thence across the Great Lakes into Chicago.

Anyway, the Canadians have considered the Great Lakes Mare Ipsorum ever since they walloped the United States in the War of 1812. They certainly had no problem shipping booze across them during Prohibition.

You're not exactly the brightest bulb on the tree either, Numan!

In order for a Mexican drug lord to exploit the lax security of the US/Canada...he would first have to smuggle the drugs into Canada which you may not have noticed is even FURTHER away from Mexico than Chicago is.

'

It always amuses me how impenetrably obtuse so many Americans are to irony.

And it always amuses me when people have to explain that they were attempting sarcasm.

Sometimes it's others being "obtuse"...but oft times it's someone not coming across as they'd hoped.

Last edited:
Since it was brought it up, yes, it does matter to get ALL facts straight.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make doesn't matter that it was the same incident.

What was your point by using a link that is clearly labeled "george-zimmerman-son-of-a-retired-judge-has-3-closed-arrests" if it really wan't your point?
Go back and see what I was originally responding to, I don't spoon feed late-commers who butt into the middle of the conversation, go off track and then request explanations. My response had to do with his statement - not anything your lame brain is conjuring up.

And he was not arrested for domestic violence...he had a restraining order taken out against him by his ex...while she had a similar order taken out against her. Get your facts straight...

Have you ever had a restraining order taken out on you? Have you ever been arrested or charged with resisting arrest? Have you ever been required by the court to take an anger management course and/or get counseling for anger control issues? I haven't. I don't think the average, calm and under self control citizen has either. George Zimmerman has issues of self control, of violent tendencies. He is not your average, law abidding citizen. Have you ever lied to a court, when you are under arrest, lied to a court about your finances? Come on. This is not a regular guy. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

I've been arrested three times. Once for "Indecent Exposure" for streaking the UMass campus back when that was all the rage, once for fighting in Aspen, Colorado when I threw some drunk college kids out of a bar and ended up getting into a brawl with them and once for speeding on my motorcycle in Utah. What I find laughable, Esmeralda is that you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's more "calm and under self control" than I yet under your definition of who is "regular"...I'd flunk. By the way ALL of those charges were either reduced or dropped because I am a law abiding citizen and the courts realized that.

Someone that has been arrested three times is not considered a law abiding citizen by sensible people. Perhaps you mended your ways and regained an abiding citizen reputation, but you don't know that George Zimmerman has. If you were to be implicated in murder, your previous arrests would surely be indicative of whether you were capable or not. Same with George.

Sorry, the point I was trying to make doesn't matter that it was the same incident.

What was your point by using a link that is clearly labeled "george-zimmerman-son-of-a-retired-judge-has-3-closed-arrests" if it really wan't your point?

According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

A link that if Mertex had actually READ has a disclaimer at the end of the article that they got their facts completely wrong about the number of times Zimmerman was arrested.

It doesn't matter that that particular article was counting the same offense as different offenses, trying to paint him as a law abiding citizen when it is clearly known that he has been in trouble with the law, and that his father has played an important role in keeping him out of jail, doesn't match that picture. We know there have been different reasons for his brush with the law, not just that one "felony" that mysteriously got dropped.

Robert Zimmerman’s influence as a former Judge has far-reaching tentacles. It seems he may have a larger role in the injustice now being witnessed by the family and advocates of deceased Trayvon Martin. The Zimmermans’ influence with the Judicial system in the state of Florida may be circumventing due process and shielding George from prosecution…as appears to have been the case in the past.
George Zimmerman?s Father May Have Had His Son?s Record of 3 Arrests Closed | Black Girl Green World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back