The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That stuff has been like that ever since that uppity nigga, rosa parks got on a bus.:evil:

This isn't uppity niggas this is butt covering election first politician piece of shit ignaramoues.

I was talking about uppity niggas like al sharpton, jesse jackson. Martin luther king, medgar evers, duh.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson do not fall into the same category whatsoever.

They fall under the Agenda Opportunist category.

Big difference.

You know what's odd, and it's quite possible that the prosecution will absolutely blow this trial just like Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden did at the OJ Simpson trial when they asked OJ to pull that shriveled golf glove onto his hand, but this is my point:

This is what an abrasion looks like if your skin is dragged across a surface like a cement sidewalk:
Abrasion.jpg

Zimmerman had two 3/4" cuts on the back of his head that didn't require sutures. And even looks like he could have reached around with a razor and done it himself. Now....who would ever think to wound themselves in the aftermath of shooting somebody without any proof that it was self defense?

Well, besides someone who was charged with assault on a police officer in 2005?

First of all...nobody has stated that George Zimmerman was "dragged across a surface". His testimony is that his head was slammed against the cement. If Zimmerman DID have abrasions that look like what you pictured it would make his testimony suspect. The injuries that Zimmerman DID have are consistent with injuries that one would expect from the attack that GZ says happened.

Secondly...did you REALLY just propose that Zimmerman cut himself with a razor to create those cuts in the back of his head? That's got to one of the stupidest things I've heard on here. What did he use to accomplish this...where did this "razor" go once he had finished cutting himself...and when did he have time to do this with witnesses on the scene almost IMMEDIATELY following the gunshot.

As for the charge of assault on a police officer? It was a charge that was dropped. Why? Because while pushing away an undercover officer's arm when you don't realize that they ARE a police officer is technically assault...it's such a pathetic example that to charge someone for doing so is completely over the top...which is why it was changed to a lesser charge.

There was already testimony that Zimmerman's injuries were minimal.

The DNA guy is really good for the prosecution. West is objecting to some weird thing already.

The Prosecution's case has been such a train wreck, Sarah that you seem to view any witness who doesn't turn into a boon for the defense to be "good for the prosecution". I hate to point out the obvious here but the Prosecution's "case" doesn't seem to exist. Why did this even go to trial? Seriously...

The forensic pathologist that couldn't see the injuries in the photos of Zimmerman? Even that idiot said that the injuries were consistent with his head hitting the ground, possibly more than once. You are still the only person in the universe that doesn't believe that little fact.

The defense was trying to say that the natural shape of Zimmerman's head..was an injury.

:lol:

Not the way it looked to everyone else in the universe, but thanks for playing "Lets say something really stupid in order to look dumber than dog shit."

I'm sure the defense will present evidence from a hospital or doctor that says contrary right?

Or maybe they won't.

What do you think?

You are missing my point.

Those prosecutors need a couple of ER docs as expert witnesses to show how injuries are sustained. They see people every day who have been beat up in fights and know the difference between a wound made by a cut as opposed to skin being abraded by concrete.

With all due respect, they have put on medical testimony stating that the wounds are consistant with the head striking concrete. Honestly, if it is really necessary for you to imagine a scenario where GZ uses a razor blade to self inflict injuries when witnesses were on the scene within a few seconds after the shot was fired and the police were there within 15-30 seconds and no razor blade is found on the scene or on GZ and not medical testimony is even suggested other than by yourself... well, you are admitting the weakness of the prosecutions case and complaining about them not putting on evidence that you have no factual basis for believing exists...

That's the statute.

You're one subsection late on the governing statute. The one quoted in your post deals with "home protection," as indicated in the language of its title.

General self defense is covered in 776.012:

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 776
JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

View Entire Chapter
776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1188, ch. 97-102; s. 2, ch. 2005-27.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

And I am reasonably sure that the state is proving that Zimmerman wasn't being reasonable.

:cool:

You are missing my point.

Those prosecutors need a couple of ER docs as expert witnesses to show how injuries are sustained. They see people every day who have been beat up in fights and know the difference between a wound made by a cut as opposed to skin being abraded by concrete.

With all due respect, they have put on medical testimony stating that the wounds are consistant with the head striking concrete. Honestly, if it is really necessary for you to imagine a scenario where GZ uses a razor blade to self inflict injuries when witnesses were on the scene within a few seconds after the shot was fired and the police were there within 15-30 seconds and no razor blade is found on the scene or on GZ and not medical testimony is even suggested other than by yourself... well, you are admitting the weakness of the prosecutions case and complaining about them not putting on evidence that you have no factual basis for believing exists...

lol ... that's a good one. "Oh no, I shot someone. I better whip out a razor blade from my back pocket and cut myself before the cops get here. Wow, the cops are here already? That was fast. I only have time to make a few cuts."

You know what's odd, and it's quite possible that the prosecution will absolutely blow this trial just like Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden did at the OJ Simpson trial when they asked OJ to pull that shriveled golf glove onto his hand, but this is my point:

This is what an abrasion looks like if your skin is dragged across a surface like a cement sidewalk:
Abrasion.jpg

Zimmerman had two 3/4" cuts on the back of his head that didn't require sutures. And even looks like he could have reached around with a razor and done it himself. Now....who would ever think to wound themselves in the aftermath of shooting somebody without any proof that it was self defense?

Well, besides someone who was charged with assault on a police officer in 2005?

First of all...nobody has stated that George Zimmerman was "dragged across a surface". His testimony is that his head was slammed against the cement. If Zimmerman DID have abrasions that look like what you pictured it would make his testimony suspect. The injuries that Zimmerman DID have are consistent with injuries that one would expect from the attack that GZ says happened.

Secondly...did you REALLY just propose that Zimmerman cut himself with a razor to create those cuts in the back of his head? That's got to one of the stupidest things I've heard on here. What did he use to accomplish this...where did this "razor" go once he had finished cutting himself...and when did he have time to do this with witnesses on the scene almost IMMEDIATELY following the gunshot.

As for the charge of assault on a police officer? It was a charge that was dropped. Why? Because while pushing away an undercover officer's arm when you don't realize that they ARE a police officer is technically assault...it's such a pathetic example that to charge someone for doing so is completely over the top...which is why it was changed to a lesser charge.

There was already testimony that Zimmerman's injuries were minimal.

Until you've been punched in the nose and had your head slammed onto concrete several times, Sarah...do you REALLY think you have the right to decide what WAS and WASN'T "minimal"?

You seem to think that Zimmerman should have allowed Trayvon Martin to slam his head against the concrete until he had some serious brain damage and only THEN make a decision to use his gun...a notion that's almost laughable.

This isn't someone who drew and shot his gun as someone approached him in a threatening manner...this is someone who drew and shot his gun only after that person punched him in the face, knocked him down onto the ground, straddled him...and slammed his head against the pavement.

Admit it...you don't REALLY feel that there is a legitimate reason for a private citizen to use a firearm to defend themselves.

And I am reasonably sure that the state is proving that Zimmerman wasn't being reasonable.

:cool:

True, they are attempting to do so, and I have no problem with that assertion. I was simply pointing out the correct standard being applied in this case.

The DNA guy is really good for the prosecution. West is objecting to some weird thing already.

The Prosecution's case has been such a train wreck, Sarah that you seem to view any witness who doesn't turn into a boon for the defense to be "good for the prosecution". I hate to point out the obvious here but the Prosecution's "case" doesn't seem to exist. Why did this even go to trial? Seriously...

I've already said the lead prosecutor, Bernie, should be fired after this however, he is doing very well for the past few days. Credit where credit is due.

Yeah it's me... sometimes it's better to show your real face so folks know who they are talking too. Course it also gives em something to shoot at. :Boom2:

I was going to give your pic beard and mustache graffiti...

PhineasMustache_9589.jpg

...but I see someone already beat me to it. :D

Last edited:
The prosecution overcharged and they are living to regret it...they had political and social pressure to throw the book.

Manslaughter? Show negligence and let the jury decide

M2? You have to "prove" murder.

The two charges require a totally different approach to the trial. The evidence is not there for M2 and the states own witnesses are proving it.

Instead of there being a realistic shot at GZ serving some time for negligence, he will most likely get off. Personally? I think he should get off for M2? You have the state, who originally did not even arrest him now they are trying to prove murder going in direct contradiction with their own justification for not arresting and charging him in the first place. Sad sad sad.

Geexus. Another one. They charged appropriately. Murder 2. They had to do that because they could not show premeditation on Zimmerman's part AND there was no negligence involved. Zimmerman intentionally pulled the trigger. You cannot charge negligence for an intentional act.

The case should never have been brought. It is a waste of time and money. Their initial response to let Zimmerman go was correct. All of this was foisted on them, probably in part by the Holder Justice Dept.

There was possible negligence...you dismiss it. "we dont need you to do that" does not mean continuing up the same path he ran from you on...in the dark...in the rain...holstering a pistol....running after at first and then looking for an address later. Go back to the truck you were in when you were talking to dispatch...if you need to find the address...drive over there...maybe...I woudnt even advise that because GZ already described the situation as escalated. Sooooo? Wait for the people you felt the need to call in the first place...the cops...you did your job.

I would also point to him not identifying himself...he had the opportunity to do so and chose not to...dont want to identify yourself? Good, then stay in your truck and stay back...stop hounding the kid...you appear as a creep following someone in the dark...this is extremely discouraged by law enforcement even if you did witness an actual break in. NOT identifying yourself gives the perception to the followee that he is being pursued and in his mind this is creepy because he has done nothing wrong as GZ suspects. He doesnt know who you are...you have the responsibility at some point to identify who you are to defuse a situation you have admitted has escalated.

Would the jury find negligence? Dont know, but that is the route I would be taking...not trying to prove murder. If you do it anyway (follow/pursue) and something happens...you may be found negligent if you wind up shooting the person you are following...especially if you are a NH watch captain and should know better...my opinion and would attempt to sell that to the jury. There are other things too within the same timeline...pile it all on and let the jury decipher the proof.

FINALLY...there was evidence of manslaughter...that is what Officer Serino wanted...see his interview with the FBI...I have it if you need it. He sites the exact things I am...Serino mentions in that same report as being pressured to file heavier charges...so, there was possible negligence, there was a better case for that and they succumbed to the political pressure is my guess. The kid was dead, people were protesting and they did not want to hear anything manslaughter...they wanted some type of M2 charge for murder while racially profiling...some even demanded he be charged with a hate crime...no evidence of that. They should have listened to Officer Serino.

It is not for you or I to decide what is negligent...it is for a Jury to decide.

People disagree with negligence...I respect that. Let the two sides put the case together and let the jury decide. But at least there is a shot with manslaughter.

Last edited:

In fact the leading far left legal blogger on HuffPo, Judge H. Lee Sarokin, agrees. His most recent blog on HuffPo is dated July 2, 20153 and is entitled:

When Is the Prosecution Going to Start Presenting Its Evidence AGAINST George Zimmerman?

Judge H. Lee Sarokin: When Is the Prosecution Going to Start Presenting Its Evidence AGAINST George Zimmerman?

LOL...your definition of the prosecutor "doing very well" seems to be any day in which the Prosecution doesn't prove the Defense's case. Talk about setting the bar low...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back