The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. When claiming self-defense the defendant must prove self-defense. That's the way the law works.

Wrong, he is not required to prove anything. The burden is the state's alone. He need not even provide a defense if the state's case is as weak as it sounds.

Immie

Well no.

Zimmerman has admitted to killing Martin.

The state has to prove that's what occurred and that Zimmerman's story of self defense isn't accurate.

Thus far? That's what they are doing.

The Defense will get a turn to refute the case the Prosecution has put together.

Well no, the state has to prove that what happened was in fact murder. All the defense needs to do is poke holes in what the state claims happened. Basically Zimmerman only needs to get across the idea that he feared for his life, whether he proves it or not and whether or not it is true.

If an adult male is pounding my head into the concrete repeatedly, I am going to fear for my life and do everything I can to stop him. So the state needs to prove Martin was not even fighting back and was simply executed. I don't think they have proven that.

Of course, it is all up to the integrity of the jury and whether or not they hear about the threats of riots and want to prevent them at the expense of the life of an innocent man, assuming Zimmerman is innocent.

Immie

And again, no witness as to who started the fight.

No witness = reasonable doubt in my book. He is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. It is up to the state to prove murder. If the state cannot prove that Zimmerman was the only aggressor and that Trayvon was only headed home and jumped without any provocation, they seem to have a problem.

Remember, the burden of proof is on the state. The defense need not prove a doggone thing.

Immie

The state has done a pretty good job of eviscerating Zimmerman's version of events and constructed a theory as to why and how he came to shoot an innocent kid.

The last 2 days have been extremely good for the prosecution.

in my opinion, the state has done a bang up job if handing zimmermans defense gifts on a silver platter.

You are never hot in anything.

Cool hat....and its him...so pretty cool in my book...beats glittering cartoons of alter egos of yesteryear:razz:

Yeah it's me... sometimes it's better to show your real face so folks know who they are talking too. Course it also gives em something to shoot at. :Boom2:

Is everyone on the thread going to change to face avs now?

I'm so yesterday with the whole repsol bike thing.

Snook? What's thread wardrobe of the day.

LOL...your definition of the prosecutor "doing very well" seems to be any day in which the Prosecution doesn't prove the Defense's case. Talk about setting the bar low...

They've had excellent witnesses and are finally stepping up. They have never proven the Defense case, let's get serious. I've also been critical of the Defense, they are acceptable at best.

The DNA guy is really good for the prosecution. West is objecting to some weird thing already.

The Prosecution's case has been such a train wreck, Sarah that you seem to view any witness who doesn't turn into a boon for the defense to be "good for the prosecution". I hate to point out the obvious here but the Prosecution's "case" doesn't seem to exist. Why did this even go to trial? Seriously...

In fact the leading far left legal blogger on HuffPo, Judge H. Lee Sarokin, agrees. His most recent blog on HuffPo is dated July 2, 20153 and is entitled:

When Is the Prosecution Going to Start Presenting Its Evidence AGAINST George Zimmerman?

Judge H. Lee Sarokin: When Is the Prosecution Going to Start Presenting Its Evidence AGAINST George Zimmerman?

There's NONE. This is just black racism and liberal white guilt. This is all bull shit.:eusa_hand:

sarah g: wow, the prosecution is so awesome, they finally are not doing the defense's job for them

rest of the world: the prosecution is helping zimmerman's case

Wrong, he is not required to prove anything. The burden is the state's alone. He need not even provide a defense if the state's case is as weak as it sounds.

Immie

Well no.

Zimmerman has admitted to killing Martin.

The state has to prove that's what occurred and that Zimmerman's story of self defense isn't accurate.

Thus far? That's what they are doing.

The Defense will get a turn to refute the case the Prosecution has put together.

Well no, the state has to prove that what happened was in fact murder. All the defense needs to do is poke holes in what the state claims happened. Basically Zimmerman only needs to get across the idea that he feared for his life, whether he proves it or not and whether or not it is true.

If an adult male is pounding my head into the concrete repeatedly, I am going to fear for my life and do everything I can to stop him. So the state needs to prove Martin was not even fighting back and was simply executed. I don't think they have proven that.

Of course, it is all up to the integrity of the jury and whether or not they hear about the threats of riots and want to prevent them at the expense of the life of an innocent man, assuming Zimmerman is innocent.

Immie

There's an entire series of events that happened before Martin was murdered.

And there are a couple of version that exist.

Zimmerman's and reality.

Thus far the reality is conflicting with Zimmerman's in some very big ways.

Cool hat....and its him...so pretty cool in my book...beats glittering cartoons of alter egos of yesteryear:razz:

Yeah it's me... sometimes it's better to show your real face so folks know who they are talking too. Course it also gives em something to shoot at. :Boom2:

Is everyone on the thread going to change to face avs now?

I'm so yesterday with the whole repsol bike thing.

Snook? What's thread wardrobe of the day.
Speedos for men, bikinis for women.

Cod pieces and no no optional

That's not what Zimmerman stated.

He said Martin grabbed his head and slammed it into the ground.

The evidence does not back that up.

Umm, when I grab something I do it with my palms toward the object I am grabbing, not my fingernails.

There's two parts to this.

First, the injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head weren't significant. As in, if someone were physically slamming the head into the concrete multiple times, the expectation would be that the trauma would be moderate to severe. That's not the case.

Second, that sort of action requires a person to grab the head. Martin had no hair, so in order to get a firm grip to do something like that, you'd need to claw the head. Bear in mind, it was raining that night, making his head slippery.

Zimmerman was very clear about this. He said Martin "grabbed" his head, and slammed it into the concrete.

The evidence simply does not support that.

And your many years of forensic studies backs up your statement.
Thanks for sharing your extensive expertise...
I guess they should just convict Zimmerman and execute him and stop wasting
the taxpayers money.

sarah g: wow, the prosecution is so awesome, they finally are not doing the defense's job for them

Yurt: Ok, I might just pop into the official Zimmerman thread and post something stupid even though I haven't seen one minute of testimony.

Sarah G: Thanks Yurt, we already knew you do that.

No witness = reasonable doubt in my book. He is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. It is up to the state to prove murder. If the state cannot prove that Zimmerman was the only aggressor and that Trayvon was only headed home and jumped without any provocation, they seem to have a problem.

Remember, the burden of proof is on the state. The defense need not prove a doggone thing.

Immie

The state has done a pretty good job of eviscerating Zimmerman's version of events and constructed a theory as to why and how he came to shoot an innocent kid.

in my opinion, the state has done a bang up job if handing zimmermans defense gifts on a silver platter.

Actually they haven't.

They were able to get some pretty good testimony out of some pretty hostile witnesses (Rachel and the Police) and use forensics to reconstruct what happened that night.

Additionally they've landed a devastating blow to Zimmerman's credibility to point out he lied on national tv when he said he never heard of "Stand your ground."

And did so in a very cool and calm demeanor.

Umm, when I grab something I do it with my palms toward the object I am grabbing, not my fingernails.

First, the injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head weren't significant. As in, if someone were physically slamming the head into the concrete multiple times, the expectation would be that the trauma would be moderate to severe. That's not the case.

Second, that sort of action requires a person to grab the head. Martin had no hair, so in order to get a firm grip to do something like that, you'd need to claw the head. Bear in mind, it was raining that night, making his head slippery.

Zimmerman was very clear about this. He said Martin "grabbed" his head, and slammed it into the concrete.

the taxpayers money.

You might want to stop engaging in hyperbole and discuss the merits of the case.

But then again..that would conflict with your conservative world view.

the taxpayers money.

You might want to stop engaging in hyperbole and discuss the merits of the case.

But then again..that would conflict with your conservative world view.

I will leave it to you to share with us your vast knowledge on criminal trials.

And what does any of this have to do with my so called conservative view?

Yurt: Ok, I might just pop into the official Zimmerman thread and post something stupid even though I haven't seen one minute of testimony.

Sarah G: Thanks Yurt, we already knew you do that.

actually, i've commented several times on the actual testimony

unlike you

perhaps you should either pay more attention or be more honest

Actually they haven't.

They were able to get some pretty good testimony out of some pretty hostile witnesses (Rachel and the Police) and use forensics to reconstruct what happened that night.

Additionally they've landed a devastating blow to Zimmerman's credibility to point out he lied on national tv when he said he never heard of "Stand your ground."

This is the perfect example of *alternate reality*.

You have been saying GZ was hunting coons. Now that that blew up in your face you switched to wannabe cop crap. Even if true it is no reason or proof GZ murdered TM instead of self defense. TM had no right to beat or try to kill GZ especially since TM was not harmed in any way. TM continued to beat a retreating, subdued person who was screaming help & had not injured him. GZ as a citizen had every to shoot the unarmed TM after that.

Is this true, sallow? You said this? well now that wasnt very nice...based on what? MSNBCs edited recording...didnt they drop that cause it got shot to hell a year ago? Now why would you say something like that? Shame shame on you.

Did I say what?

That Zimmerman was out on the hunt? And hunting coons?

Sure.

I stand by it.

Zimmerman is basically the poster boy for everything you don't want in someone carrying a concealed weapon on the streets.

And because of that..a boy is dead.

I think at the very least, Mr. Zimmerman is a bigoted and violent person with a hero complex.

I think he murdered someone that night.

However, I don't think the evidence is strong enough to get murder 2.

We'll see.

GZ did not say a racial slur on the police call. :eusa_silenced:

Did wannabe cop GZ know so much law that he could draw his gun on TM & make him beat him up so he could get away with shooting him? :cuckoo:

Does GZ have magical mind control powers that kept TM from saying GUN while Dee-Dee, the other witnesses & 911 recordings were listening? :cuckoo:

Those magical powers also made the gun he was holding on TM invisible to witness. :cuckoo:

Maybe you are & your party are afraid of guns & wanted to invent a poster boy for gun control but the facts backfired on your ass! :lol:

Last edited:

Actually they haven't.

This is the perfect example of *alternate reality*.

How so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back