E-Bike Battery Explodes in Elevator & Cooks a Man

What if it does that in between my nuts one day?

I wouldn't get my nuts within ten feet of one of those suckers. Years ago, I used to have lithium battery powered video glasses (made them portable). Sony battery cost me $200.00. I never used the things and the battery just sat around.

I threw the battery away rather than keep it in the house.

Take that from a retired electrical engineer.

You motherfuckers man, I'm looking at this battery charging scared as a motherfucker.

What if it does that in between my nuts one day?

Can I bail before my fuckin' nutsack gets burned up?
Stay safe out there!
bh187-spaceballs.gif

I wouldn't get my nuts within ten feet of one of those suckers. Years ago, I used to have lithium battery powered video glasses (made them portable). Sony battery cost me $200.00. I never used the things and the battery just sat around.

I threw the battery away rather than keep it in the house.

Take that from a retired electrical engineer.

Now there's a man who knows what he's talkin' about.

This ain't even funny, motherfucker! If you only knew how hokey the shit is that I'm runnin', Hoo boy!
It ain't no "Solid Name Brand Battery" like was in that elevator video. :nono:
I done done some funky stuff.

Dude - what the fuck are you smoking tonight bro? haha

Now there's a man who knows what he's talkin' about.

I have a pair of Sony Glasstron glasses. You wear them and it's like looking at a 50 inch TV from 6 feet away. There's even earbuds built into them.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61JJ8DYvb6L.jpg

The idea is to have a portable video monitor like on a plane or somewhere so you can watch a movie in privacy. They connect to a base unit that powers them and takes the video input feed. You can run them off a DC wall adapter or off a lithium battery for better portability. I didn't use them often enough to keep the battery charged and so eventually threw the battery out rather than keep it around just to save not having to plug the things into the wall. Lith-ion batteries are at their most dangerous when they get deeply discharged. My guess is this dude rode his bike home then took the mostly discharged battery in with him when it burst inside the elevator.

I have a pair of Sony Glasstron glasses. You wear them and it's like looking at a 50 inch TV from 6 feet away. There's even earbuds built into them.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61JJ8DYvb6L.jpg

The idea is to have a portable video monitor like on a plane or somewhere so you can watch a movie in privacy. They connect to a base unit that powers them and takes the video input feed. You can run them off a DC wall adapter or off a lithium battery for better portability. I didn't use them often enough to keep the battery charged and so eventually threw the battery out rather keep it around just to save not having to plug the things into the wall. Lith-ion batteries are at their most dangerous when they get deeply discharged. By guess is this dude rode his bike home then took the mostly discharged in with him when it burst inside the elevator.

Epic gearhead hardcore knowledge learnin'.

But what's the real story about the guy in the elevator with the battery?

I honestly don't know Brother.

If I had known this would cause you so much anxiety I would have never posted haha

My best interpretation is that he's alive but learned his mothafuckin' lesson.

Dude - what the fuck are you smoking tonight bro? haha
It ain't what I'm smokin', bro. It's what I've done with batteries.

Probably things most people shouldn't. :rolleyes:

Like what ol' boy was carrying? I'd put 2 of them together n shit.
That ship done sailed.
Gettin' worried about this double battery charging i'm doing right now, tbh. Fuck, why ain't it done yet?

Last edited:
But what's the real story about the guy in the elevator with the battery?

I told you Duke. Look it up. They took him to the hospital there in China and 28 days later, he died of his injuries. The guy probably looked like a burnt marshmallow.

When an EV battery catches fire, not only does the fire spew toxic gases, but the fire burns AT ABOUT TWICE THE TEMPERATURE NEEDED TO MELT STEEL.

And you can't put the fire out with water. They burn pretty much until they are DONE burning.

Only lithium battery in my house is (probably) my electric toothbrush and my cellphone.

If you are concerned, I'd store any big EV battery I had OUTSIDE my house preferably in an area that was fireproof, like stone, firebrick or the like.

You can predict and anticipate the risks with gasoline, etc., but an EV battery stores a LOT of fucking power and are usually safe until they aren't, then it is a big fucking problem.

I told you Duke. Look it up. They took him to the hospital there in China and 28 days later, he died of his injuries. The guy probably looked like a burnt marshmallow.

When an EV battery catches fire, not only does the fire spew toxic gases, but the fire burns AT ABOUT TWICE THE TEMPERATURE NEEDED TO MELT STEEL.

And you can't put the fire out with water. They burn pretty much until they are DONE burning.

Only lithium battery in my house is (probably) my electric toothbrush and my cellphone.

If you are concerned, I'd store any big EV battery I had OUTSIDE my house preferably in an area that was fireproof, like stone, firebrick or the like.

You can predict and anticipate the risks with gasoline, etc., but an EV battery stores a LOT of fucking power and are usually safe until they aren't, then it is a big fucking problem.
Well, I keep it outside. The bike will probably be fucked and probably some lawn furniture, if the house and me stand, I call that a win! That thing went so fast on that dude in the elevator, it's not even funny.

Forum List

Back