The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The autopsy report is comprised of his notes, officially. His argument here is that these are his personal notes and should not be added to the record. Unfortunate, he has made a mess of this testimony. It's all anyone will think of.

Florida has a very extensive public records law. He is a public employee. His notes are a public record.

He could have destroyed his notes prior to appearing in court but he didn't. Furthermore once a request for a public record has been made, it is a crime to destroy that record within 30 days of the request.

Every single email, note, document in FL government is public record and has to be made readily available on request.

That's why they don't email senthitive sthuff.

You are absolutely correct. And anyone can anonymously request any such record. The requestor doesn't have to be a citizen, or even live in this country.

Considering the politicization of this trial, it's doesn't take much of a leap of imagination to suspect that the lab employees may have doctored the results.

Bao is imploding. I can change my opinion every hour.

Well, that makes his opinion DAMN compelling.

The jury relies on it, but HE no longer does?

Holy Shit.

Dr. Bao just said Martin had Marijuana THC in his system, and that contrary to his deposition in November, that it would have a mental effect on Martin as of now. He changed his opinion within the last 60 days.

Last edited:
No one who cannot read cursive can write it.

Ya think?

:D

Cruel and tasteless joke! I doubt the prosecution would have overlooked such a blatant flaw. Its possible but I doubt it!... there has got to be more to this story than is presented here!

What could it be? Could it be that Zimmerman is telling the truth? After all, the prosecutor actually admitted, to the newspaper, that Rachel lied.

For those wondering, a Richardson hearing is a hearing dealing with discovery violations. Read what you will into that.

Ya think?

:D

Cruel and tasteless joke! I doubt the prosecution would have overlooked such a blatant flaw. Its possible but I doubt it!... there has got to be more to this story than is presented here!

It's pretty easy to figure out.

She dictated the statement to another person. Who wrote it down in cursive.

And these folks are questioning her "intellect". She's from Haiti and could well speak 2 or three languages.

Wonder how many folks on this board have that skill?

I got no reason to question her intellect. What I question is her ability to tell the truth.

Just an FYI, I know people who have IQs in the 60s who can speak multiple languages, only an idiot would argue that language ability and intelligence are connected. Or should I be asking you how many languages you can understand?

Last edited:
I thought the witness had to give facts and not opinions. This makes no sense.

An EXPERT Witness is authorized to give his or her EXPERT opinion.

But this guy can change his mind every hour. I know. He just said as much.

So when HE renders an opinion that Trayvon could not have moved after being shot as he was, maybe Bao will later change his opinion?

Holy shit.

That there is an interesting possible summation argument.

CONDUCTING AN ADEQUATE RICHARDSON HEARING

A. The defendant requested a Richardson hearing when the State called a witness who was not previously listed in discovery. The record indicated that the trial judge thought the State's violation was insubstantial and nonprejudicial. The trial judge extended an opportunity to the defense attorney to talk to the witness before his testimony. The appellate court was satisfied under these facts the Richardson requirements were met. Wilder v. State, 587 So.2d 543, 548 (Fla. 1st DCA 1991).

B. Where express findings on the issues raised in Richardson are not made by the trial judge, an appellate court may still find that a "minimally adequate Richardson hearing" was conducted. It is helpful for appellate purposes for the trial court to make express findings for the record in a clear fashion. Banks v. State, 590 So.2d 465, 467 (Fla. 1st DCA 1991).

C. A Richardson hearing is satisfied when the trial court, based upon a review of the record, makes an adequate inquiry into the surrounding facts and circumstances of the alleged discovery violation to support its conclusions. Stone v. State, 547 So.2d 657 (Fla. 2d DCA 1989).

D. The trial court's inquiry was inadequate under Richardson. The trial judge made no determinations, implicit or explicit as to the prejudice, if any, suffered by the defendant as a result of the state's failure to produce the evidence. Without any determination as to the threshold issue, the appeals court found that the inquiry was inadequate to satisfy the requirements of Richardson. Tarrant v. State, 668 So.2d 223 (Fla. 4th DCA 1996).
-- Criminal Discovery in Florida - 1996

I keep hearing the Judge talking about a 'Richardson Hearing'. Which I believe is about a 'discovery violation'.

Prosecution is in trouble

It's pretty easy to figure out.

She dictated the statement to another person. Who wrote it down in cursive.

And these folks are questioning her "intellect". She's from Haiti and could well speak 2 or three languages.

Wonder how many folks on this board have that skill?

Well, that is a deposition! She should not have to read a deposition in court. ANd on the question of equating cursive literacy with intelligence, the old timers had better test their own children... cursive writing is no longer taught in many parts of the country!

Depositions are printed, no one ever said she couldn't read printing. The point here is that she testified that she wrote that letter, and then couldn't read it. Feel free to ignore that in your effort to blame Zimmerman for everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back