The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty easy to figure out.

She dictated the statement to another person. Who wrote it down in cursive.

And these folks are questioning her "intellect". She's from Haiti and could well speak 2 or three languages.

Wonder how many folks on this board have that skill?

Well, that is a deposition! She should not have to read a deposition in court. ANd on the question of equating cursive literacy with intelligence, the old timers had better test their own children... cursive writing is no longer taught in many parts of the country!

Depositions are printed, no one ever said she couldn't read printing. The point here is that she testified that she wrote that letter, and then couldn't read it. Feel free to ignore that in your effort to blame Zimmerman for everything.

She could have dictated the letter to someone who could write. If Jeantel could print, but not write cursive, she could easily have written the letter in printing. She didn't. That's not the problem though. If she did not write the letter but dictated it, she cannot read the letter and therefore cannot authenticate the letter as hers. They would have to have the person who wrote the letter on the stand to testify under oath that they wrote down exactly what Jeantel said.

The way it looks, really the way it looks, is that Rachel Jeantel neither wrote nor dictated the letter. She asked a friend to write a nice letter for her because she had no idea what to say. She doesn't know what's in the letter and never did. The first time she saw it was likely when she was on the witness stand.

The fingernail has to connect to Travons hand for me to identify.. this guys is a nut case

As to the "Richardson" hearing I wonder how the State of Florida incorporates the "constructive knowledge" component?

That's a great question...possible appellate issue?

Never mind; you answered that in your next post.

Yeah, but let's not overlook the key fact.

The defendant only has to worry about the appeal if he loses the trial.

While possible, I see that as HIGHLY unlikely at this point.

I think the prosecutors have got to be feeling pretty deflated.

Their stupidly brought horrible case went in even more poorly than it deserved to go in. And to end up with Dr. Bao testifying like this -- notes and all -- has got to feel terrible from their professional perspective.

I see very little reason (i.e., I see almost no reason at all) to believe that the judge will grant the expected defense motion at the end of the States case for a dismissal. (In NY it would be called a trial order of dismissal.) But that would certainly be a more rational outcome, based on the "quality" of the State's case, than continuing this clusterfuck of a trial.

There are many types of flakes in existence; snowflakes, corn flakes (27 varieties), oat flakes, dandruff flakes, ice flakes, paint flakes, AND

Bao flakes!

As to the "Richardson" hearing I wonder how the State of Florida incorporates the "constructive knowledge" component?

Their stupidly brought horrible case went in even more poorly than it deserved to go in. And to end up with Dr. Bao testifying like this -- notes and all -- has got to feel terrible from their professional perspective.

I see very little reason (i.e., I see almost no reason at all) to believe that the judge will grant the expected defense motion at the end of the States case for a dismissal. (In NY it would be called a trial order of dismissal.) But that would certainly be a more rational outcome, based on the "quality" of the State's case, than continuing this clusterfuck of a trial.

They don't figure it out until they get home that night to watch the latest Nancy Grapes episode.

They don't figure it out until they get home that night to watch the latest Nancy Grapes episode.

That's if Fancy Grapes even shows up tonight. :thup:

Oh I agree; an acquittal is in the cards. And I also agree that this is a massive embarrassment to the Prosecution. I'm just brainstorming and counting the number of times the train has left the tracks during the last week.

Dee Dee's cursive problem wasn't funny the first 50 times you said it either.

Are you listening to the same trial? Everything about Dee Dee's testimony was funny.

That's your opinion, not fact. Of course those may be interchangable with you at times.

Interchangeable? No. Correct? Usually. Then my opinions are based in facts, not emotion.
Nearly everyone here thinks Dee Dee was funny. Fact. You don't. That is your opinion and apparently, that is based on emotion.

This guy is a clown too, but I'm guessing you have no issues with his testimony at all and see him as a very effective witness for the State.

Oh I agree; an acquittal is in the cards. And I also agree that this is a massive embarrassment to the Prosecution. I'm just brainstorming and counting the number of times the train has left the tracks during the last week.

I also wonder if the doctor's testimony might not raise appellate issues as to prior convictions (i.e., convictions of other defendants) wherein the doctor was the expert witness who (maybe) had notes which he failed to share with the State and the defense.

Watching the states "Experts" in this trial, you have to wonder if they just pulled people off the street and gave them notes to memorize.

Are all trials run like this, where the states "Experts" are whacked out whackos?

No one who cannot read cursive can write it.

Ya think?

:D

Cruel and tasteless joke! I doubt the prosecution would have overlooked such a blatant flaw. Its possible but I doubt it!... there has got to be more to this story than is presented here!

No. It's neither cruel nor tasteless.

If you have allegedly written something, you can be expected to READ it.

If you can't read it because you can't read cursive, then you didn't fucking WRITE it.

It's kinda one or the other.

This prosecution is the cruel and tasteless joke.

This ME fucked up.

That's an opinion.

It could change in the next hour.

:D

tumblr_livtwwd6uJ1qz8gt5o1_400.jpg

Good show, old man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back