The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's weird about all of this?
If Trayvon was a white guy, we wouldn't be having any kind of discussion about it on this board. :eusa_whistle:

If Trayvon was white, rest assured the media never would have referred to Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic".

The media should be sued for altering the truth and publishing lies in the tabloid, libelous style...done solely for the purpose of upping their income.

Namely:

NBC producers doctored the recording to portray Zimmerman as a bigot. In the unedited 911 call, the dispatcher asks Zimmerman to describe Martin's skin color. Yet NBC made it seem as if Zimmerman targeted him because he was black and edited the exchange to look like he believed blacks in general are up to no good.

Other examples of biased media coverage included:

• ABC News originally claiming Zimmerman had no visible signs of injury based on a fuzzy video that later, when enhanced, clearly showed wounds to his head.

• CNN isolating part of a 911 call and speculating Zimmerman could be heard in the background calling Martin a racial slur, when in fact he did no such thing.

• Networks broadcasting photos of Martin as a pre-teen, ignoring the social-media photos of the 17-year-old smoking, shooting the middle finger and glowering at the camera...

The media moguls continue to rape our system of justice with their irresponsible antics...bringing out our notorious, celebrity race pimps and stirring up unwarranted hatred between blacks and non-blacks. I say we boycott them all.

Last edited:
Respectful? You mean by pointing out your repeated claim Martin attacked Zimmerman because he saw a weapon, is made up from whole cloth? Zero evidence. Zero claim even by the prosecution.

You base your entire case on a fabricated condition that simply did not happen. And after being called on it continue to make the same claim over and over. And I am disrespectful for calling you on the fabrication?

The evidence and testimony are clear, Martin attacked Zimmerman, nearly broke his nose and then proceeded to beat his head into the ground. Eye witness testimony places Martin on top and Zimmerman calling for help.

So explain why, if Zimmerman's intent was to go for his gun and then shoot Martin, why was he calling for help? Why was he relieved when told there was eye witness to the event?

Just admit you fabricated the whole Zimmerman went for his gun episode.

I fail to see how even involuntary manslaughter gets proven when the eyewitness testimony backs every thing Zimmerman said and the supposed star witness for the prosecution INSISTS Martin made it home AND THEN CHOSE TO GO BACK.

Untrue...I never said that he attacked him because he SAW a weapon...not once. Its irresponsible on your part to suggest I did. You're a Marine, where is your honor?

I have proved a number of your assumptions incorrect due to the evidence in the case. Most recently in my last post to you. My guess is you are not deep in the trial, have probably done very little research on your own and instead have established an opinion based on some hidden bias and are now lazily regurgitating everything you hear as long as it fits your narrative. This is uninteresting to me.

You never wrote Martin saw the gun when Zimmerman reached for his phone? You never wrote that since Zimmerman's phone wasn't in the pocket that he was probably reaching for his gun? You never wrote that Zimmerman fumbling around in his pocket exposed the gun and made Martin attack him?

I remind you that while this thread is long I am retired I can spend a couple hours quoting you.

How many times do I have to repeat myself to you? You falsely accused me of saying it....I replied to you emphatically denying it and then you state it again in question form? LOL...I have already answered you. Asking me again is not going to change my response.

You wrote:
"You never wrote that Zimmerman fumbling around in his pocket exposed the gun and made Martin attack him?"

I never said anything of the sort. You are either willfully ignorant or your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired.

Like I mentioned...If you have honor...you will provide a post of me saying it. If you cant prove it, then you owe me an apology. See my reply post to you the first time...I added to it.

Last edited:
The doctors in this case are a very good point of what I'm talking about with no true narrative for the state. The first doctor they called to the stand walks everyone through the injuries. The next denies the injuries even exist. I'm sitting in deliberations asking which state witness am I suppose to believe, and if they contradict each other I am given doubt.

west:martin was 6 feet tall

2nd doctor of the dead: no

west : what

2nd doctor of the dead: the dead cant stand up

--LOL

Umm, when I grab something I do it with my palms toward the object I am grabbing, not my fingernails.

The very definition of grabbing something implies closing your hand around it, therefore your fingertips/fingernails would come into contact with whatever you are grabbing!

grab your wrist.

The pads of your fingers make contact.... The fingernails dont have to make contact or pick up cells when "grabbing". Zimmermans head and face did not show signs of fingernails scratching him.

Okay, you're right, I concede. :redface:

Last edited:
if you are siting on top of someone and you punch them in the face.... their head will hit the ground. Same with a bitch slap.

so nothing would be under martins fingernails now would it? You get dna under the victims nails since it is a defensive move.

Zimmerman had no hair, so there was nothing to grab onto in order to slam his head on the ground. Additionally..................if Martin had actually held his hands over Zimmerman's face and nose as he'd claimed, there WOULD be DNA under Martin's fingernails.

If you want to engage in respectable discussion, I am willing to do so. If all you want to do is engage in personal attacks im not interested. I have a retort to your above post, but I am not going to give you the same attention that I would [MENTION=31215]Oldstyle[/MENTION] who is respectful with his disagreements and at least gives the courtesy of listening.

You are hearing the other side...the other side that does not hate GZ. It could be interesting if you would allow it, but for some reason you have something personal against me.

A quick one to note: He did not stop and go back to his truck...not immediately...what he did do is proceed up the path to now look for an address to give the police a better location, then he headed back down the path towards his truck after he hung up with police (these are his words--not mine...see reenactment video). Trayvon has no way of knowing that he is looking for an address...tray was not privy to the 911 call...to him its just GZ continuing to follow him after he had actually ran away.

This is supported by the 911 call...the reenactment video and the timestamp of the phone call and when he hung up with 911. In this case, it is your assumption that is not supported by the evidence...you are going by what you have heard....look at the tapes yourself...I did. I was getting tired of going by what i heard, so I went through it all myself and kept the links to support my opinion.

So answer me this, 25...

If Zimmerman has indeed lost sight of Martin and is headed back to his SUV? Why does Martin choose to call out to the man he's supposedly afraid of from the safety of the darkness? Why doesn't Martin simply let Zimmerman continue to walk back to his truck? He doesn't have to do or say anything if he's REALLY afraid. Could it be that Martin now has gotten a better look at the man who was in the SUV and has decided that he's not a big imposing guy but a skinny little guy? Could it be that Martin decided at that point that he's not going to take any shit from someone who looks as wimpy as George Zimmerman did? That Martin decided to step from the shadows with his "You got a problem?" challenge?

Excellent points...I agree with your above post 100% and have said the same thing...you have it pegged pretty well. Its speculation, but it is logical reasoning based on what we know. GZ was in retreat and trayvon called him out...in hindsight he should not have....I wish the poor kid would have just went home.

i also do not believe that Trayvon was scared of GZ. That does not make logical sense. I think that he had sized GZ up and that GZ looked like someone he could take if he needed to. GZ is not an intimidating looking person. I dont believe tray was scared of him.

I believe that Trayvon was IRRITATED with him for following him in the dark and rain (as i would be if someone was following me in the dark) and that when he ran up the path towards the homestretch of the condo he became MORE irritated that GZ was now following him on foot. Even though GZ may have been looking for an address...Trayvon did not know that. So a person who has become increasingly irritated at this person continuing to follow him was now going to say something to him. He did by saying "Do you have a problem" and the rest is history.

I personally think that if you are going to exercise your right to follow in the dark and rain, then you have some moral responsibility to at least identify yourself when the situation escalates. Does he have to? No. Is it illegal not to? No. IMO...At some point you have to distinguish yourself to the followee from being a concerned citizen and just some creep following a teenager. I believe this responsibility is increased when you are carrying a concealed weapon...I believe you have the moral responsibility to defuse a situation that has clearly escalated. I can honestly say that I would have and I have in other situations when teens were suspiciously walking around the neighborhood at night.

I also believe that based on the evidence presented so far and how its been presented by the prosecution that a not guilty verdict is imminent. I just dont think the prosecution has put on a good case. I think they overcharged at M2 because of political and national protest pressure. As a result, their burden of proof is too great for the case they were prepared to make. Manslaughter by Culpable Negligence (Involuntary Manslaughter) would have been the more appropriate charge, IMO. The prosecution has went from not even arresting the guy to charging him with M2? Big mistake and against the advice of their own lead investigator on the case (Chris Serino), who suggested Invol Manslaughter instead. He has coincidentally been demoted in the time since although im not completely sure why.

IMO, the prosecution has passed the buck and pressure to 6 female jurors. They thought the pressure would be off of them for at least arresting and charging him and on the jurors to convict...like the jurors will ultimately be blamed if he gets off...not the prosecution. That is weak and disgraceful, imo.

Here's my take on the whole "following" thing, 25. From what I've seen from George Zimmerman I find it highly doubtful that Zimmerman EVER wanted to get close to Trayvon Martin. I think it was always his intention to follow Trayvon Martin at a distance. As a matter of fact I get the impression that if he'd seen Martin coming towards him from a distance that Zimmerman would have likely retreated. This is not a "ballsy" man.

As for who gets "blamed" for Zimmerman getting off...if that does indeed happen? Many will blame the jury but many will blame the Prosecution as well. I don't think the Prosecution had anything to work with here other than an emotional appeal that a young, innocent kid had been murdered by an adult who was over zealous in his role with the Neighborhood Watch. Did they do some questionable things with what they DID have? No question about it. But you've got to give them some slack because of the hand they were dealt. How would YOU like to have had Rachel Jenteal as your "star witness"? Tell me that she didn't give the Prosecutors heartburn trying to get her ready to testify.

I still think this jury could return a guilty verdict on manslaughter. I don't think the facts of the case warrant that but after OJ and Casey Anthony I'd be scared to death to have MY fate in the hands of a jury.

From what I've seen from George Zimmerman I find it highly doubtful that Zimmerman EVER wanted to get close to Trayvon Martin. I think it was always his intention to follow Trayvon Martin at a distance. As a matter of fact I get the impression that if he'd seen Martin coming towards him from a distance that Zimmerman would have likely retreated. This is not a "ballsy" man.

I feel the same way myself.

The trial has been neither. Just pathetic. Ok ok Jental or whatever her name is was pretty hysterical.

The defense is about t present their case/story. The way I see it.. the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ is guilty of murder, and I don't believe they have done that. Anything the defense presents can only add to the doubt.

Having been hit in the head with a crowbar, a baseball bat, fists, and having had my head whacked into concrete myself..I have a real good appreciation for how much punishment a head can take.

First hand.

Perhaps, all of those alleged hits has you failing to grasp the simplistic nature of head trauma. :lmao:

Or..

It proves that all that "head trauma" isn't fatal and Ol' Zimmerman wasn't exposed to lethal force.

The law does not state only lethal force. Potential for serious bodily harm is grounds enough. Your post are in no way indicative that those hits to your head did not cause serious damage. GM never harmed TM in any way, yet you believe he should have continued to endure more damage to his head for better theatrics or satisfy your no defense agenda.

When using logic it is barely even possible GZ was menacing TM with his gun but you believe he was beyond reasonable doubt. Because those hits to your head have damaged your brain to the point that logic is impossible. Why do you think the NFL had to change their helmets & rules of the game to reduce the large number of head & brain injuries every game.

OMG, 197 pages.

And this basically all about a single incident and trial that will mean absolutely nothing to any of our lives.

Meanwhile real issues, issues that really will matter to all of us, are largely ignored.

If all the state has to argue is ill will, spite and Zimmerman has bad breath this case has long been lost.
But I still want to hear Zimmerman say he was defending himself and was hit first before I find him not guilty of murder.
You missed the interviews and the video tour of the scene? Zimmerman has testified already. He shouldn't take the stand and get badgered by the prosecutors.

Then maybe he should...and show them up again as the incompetent buffoons they have proven themselves to be. What stupid lawyer would put that idiot Dr. Bao on the stand without subjecting him to mock cross-examination and instructions to NOT try to repeatedly define "opinion" and "fact" to a brilliant defense lawyer...and certainly NOT to say that he changes his opinion every hour...and to bring his own notes into the courtroom without sharing them with both sides first. THAT was the biggest mistake I have seen them make. It literally negated the impact of Trayvon's mother's effective testimony.:cuckoo:

Who cross examined him in those interviews?
That is not considered testimony and the Judge will charge the jury as such.
Respectfully, this is a court of law and I want to see him testify on cross examination.

.....<snip>....

I have done work for the innocence project for almost 20 years.
Uh, hate to inform you of this but every one of those cases involves THE DEFENDANTS and not ONE of them involves the prosecution using DNA to help a defendant in a criminal case.

Respectfully, this case IS NOT a who done it and no one's identity is at issue in this case.
Everyone that you posted above, EVERY ONE involves freeing someone based ON A WRONG IDENTITY.
Hate to break it to you this late in the game but Zimmerman IS NOT DENYING he is the man that shot and killed Trayvon Martin.
So how does your post above with all those names on it have anything to do with it and have anything to do with the guilt of innocence in this case which involves NOT a who done it and an issue of identity but self defense?
I think the prosecution has brought in DNA testing in an attempt to prove certain things could not have happened as Zimmerman claims them to have...like trying to prove that Trayvon never touched the gun.

On that issue, I think that the jury will remember that Zimmerman said he thought that Trayvon was reaching for the gun. He didn't say that he ever touched it.

Lack of DNA doesn't prove someone didn't touch something anyway.

Exactly, but you can not convince the dumb asses here.
All it means is none was collected.
Amazing how stupid these folks are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back