The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe she didn't laugh at this absurd child abuse shit. She can't make a ruling based on logic but must make Defense put a half dozen people to work arguinf against sheer stupidity?

As an aside, has anyone else notices a bat shaped tuft of hair on Richard Mantei's forehead?

:lmao:

only someone like Nancy Grace would understand this.

I won't hear her 'reasons'--sending a cyber slap her way. I have been wanting to do that.

Zero tolerance.

What if, arguendo, TM was 12, 11, 10, 9? At what point does self defense fall and child abuse begin?

At no point does justification fall...if a five year old shoots a gun at you, you have the right to defend yourself.
Harder to prove you were in fear of your life from a five year old. Is that really a measure for when child abuse is self defense, fear? This whole self defense based on fear thing.. hmm. My gut says fear is the mind killer and we should not make decisions based on fear alone. But that may just be a residual ingrain from my approval of the Frank Herbert Dune books.

You are implying that when one fires a weapon at you, it is unreasonable to have a fear of death or great bodily injury. If that is how you feel, then yes, I think you need to put the Dune books down :razz:

Why is the Zimmerman case devided so sharply along partisan lines? With only a very few exceptions the lefties here believe GZ is guilty and the conservatives wait until the trial is over. I couldn't understand why, since GZ isn't white, the lefties were so ready to string him up.

Moments ago, it hit me.

It's only partially about race. True, if TM was white or hispanic, no one would care, but race isn't the real reason they want GZ to fry. It's guns.

GZ defended himself with a gun and a black man is dead. They cannot stand the thought that GZ might have legally used a gun to defend himself. It's about guns, and self-defense and even Stand-Your-Ground.

If GZ is convicted, they can use this case to revive their efforts to take away our rights and that is THE issue.

The left never ever cares about right and wrong, they only care about winning.

:lmao:

What? Who has done that? :lol:

The vast majority of posters have already declared his innocence/guilt. No ones "waiting for the trial to be over":rolleyes:.

And if he's convicted the right will whine endlessly about the "miscarriage of justice".

And if he's set free the left will whine endlessly about "the miscarriage of justice".

I won't hear her 'reasons'--sending a cyber slap her way. I have been wanting to do that.

If they throw in this "kitchen sink" charge of child abuse, she will probably start calling George "TotDad".

I can see the Manslaughter charge being included but these other charges, if they are allowed to be included, we all have reason to fear. This is crazy.

I have never heard of this happening before.
That's odd that you wouldn't have heard of it. I mean, you are an expert in Florida criminal law, right?
It must have... but I have never heard of it. Usually the Prosecutors will string together groups of charges knowing that each one increases their chances of a conviction if they fail on their primary charge.

Is that what they did last time you defended someone in a Florida court?

Or did you learn it from watching TV?

At no point does justification fall...if a five year old shoots a gun at you, you have the right to defend yourself.
Harder to prove you were in fear of your life from a five year old. Is that really a measure for when child abuse is self defense, fear? This whole self defense based on fear thing.. hmm. My gut says fear is the mind killer and we should not make decisions based on fear alone. But that may just be a residual ingrain from my approval of the Frank Herbert Dune books.

You are implying that when one fires a weapon at you, it is unreasonable to have a fear of death or great bodily injury. If that is how you feel, then yes, I think you need to put the Dune books down :razz:

Since your assumption of my implication is incorrect... you may be missing the subtlety of my point :)

More particularly my point is that we can let fear pass, and choose reason over instinctive muscle memory.

Last edited:
Asking the judge to add charges AFTER the defense rest...it's unAmerican

Not adding charges, consider a lesser charge.
And MOST times it is THE DEFENSE that does this.
Standard procedure done in most all criminal cases, especially murder cases.
Media is making this appear to be something unusual for ratings.
Imagine that, media distorting, slanting and twisting the facts.

If it's offered for a plea bargain, that's one thing. And it is adding charges.

Adding new charges after the fact is appalling. Unless they start the trial over again, Zimmerman has no chance to defend himself against those charges.

Wrong, it is not adding charges.
It is offering a lesser charge which IN MOST CASES the defendant is begging for.
Self defense is Zimmerman's defense AND THE SAME defense would have been used.
That is always the argument the defense uses when they ask for lesser charges.
Manslaughter defense is same as murder or any defense in this as his defense is SELF DEFENSE.
And a good one.

If they throw in this "kitchen sink" charge of child abuse, she will probably start calling George "TotDad".

snarl--a 1000 more cyber slaps for her.

justice in the state of FL. I am beginning to 'hate' FL--a long list of reasons. No plans for violence--ftr. Get some of their socialites that assist the military involved--the Petraeus scandal still irritates me--for one thing.

I am blathering---at a loss for words.

This is outrageous... the judge is allowing the State to get away with bush league tactics in the courtroom. "Just when I though this case couldn't get any more bizarre" as West puts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back