The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to understand...Jury instructions will include the charge of "voluntary manslaughter?"

I mean, there are other manslaughter categories and I'm trying to look up the definition and see if it is applicable here to make up my mind whether or not GZ is likely to be convicted on that. I'm beyond sure the jury will NOT find him guilty of M2.

Lesser manslaughter than voluntary cannot be charged because it does not meet the same elements as M2.

Zimmerman's actions either directly or indirectly resulted in the death of citizen that was not in the act of committing any crime.

Therefore, a manslaughter verdict is virtually inescapable.

If Zimmerman had not had a gun, he would not have stalked that kid.

Exactly.

ATTENTION ALL NEIGBORHOOD WATCHMEN:

IF YOU ARE WORKING IN A ***PRIVATE GATED *****COMMUNITY where you may encounter members of any race which enjoys a special privilege status, you must leave your firearm home.

You have a duty , a responsibility to die , or get a concussion , protecting the community.

If you are a grown man and cannot handle yourself against a 16 or 17 year old kid, maybe you should not be on the neighborhood watch.

Exactly.

That's the reason I tell those old farts who live in retirement communities to let the delinquents have a field day.

So what if they steal the crap you worked for years . It's not worthy.

The moral of the story is DO NOT GET SO OLD THAT YOU CAN'T HANDLE a 16 or 17 y/o.

Do you believe that if you're attacked you have the right to defend yourself? Let's say someone is bashing your head into the ground does that give you a right to use "deadly" force(gun, knife, etc) in order to save your own life.

Not if you provoked the attack, no, you do not have the right to defend yourself with deadly force in your own life is not at risk.

That is why the judge has given the jury the right find GZ guilty of manslaughter.

The argument the Defense is offering right now is the way I see it. At the eleventh hour, just before closing arguments, to spring all this case law to add charge after charge after charge now to the original charge is just unconscionable. If all that was legitimate to put into play, it should have been put into play at the beginning so the Defense would have a fair shot at rebutting and defending against it.

This prosecution is desperate to convict Zimmerman of something. And the judge appears to be of the same mind? Or am I reading her entirely wrong? Her ruling on this will be the proof in the pudding.

ZimmnermanprosecutorAngel_t607.jpg

If this is still America, any lesser included must meet all the elements of the original charge. Just Google and look them up. I think people keep not understanding that. All this other stuff about other charges is just window dressing by the prosecution. THEY don't want to face the angry mob alone.

Last edited:
If you're wannabe cop, carrying a concealed weapon and start a confrontation with an unarmed minor and he punches you a few times, you don't get to shoot him dead.

Walking up to someone isn't a reason to jump someone and threaten to kill them. End of story...Now if Zimmerman started the fight or came up being pushy that is quite another thing.

What would you do if you tried to avoid someone and they walked upon on you in what your perceived was a threatening manner, like maybe he was going to rob you or beat your ass? In my opinion, there are only three things to do; stand there and wait for him to do something or not do something (taking a chance), run (smart), or fight (depending on the circumstance smart or dumb)?

Are you suggesting that's what happened?

I think that zimmerman followed Martin after Martin tried to get away from him. I think that Martin felt threatened, that's why he initially ran from him. I think that zimmerman got out of his truck in order to pursue Martin. I think that they some how met up with each other when the confrontation began, and one if not more of the three actions I referenced happened.

If one juror is convinced, and is not making eye contact with the person who is arguing in front of them, they don't give a shit what you are saying. If they don't have all six he walks.

If it's only one that won't vote guilty, GZ WILL get retried on this.

If I were a betting man, I'd be happy to take your money on that one.

If there's a hung Jury, no way he gets re-tried. No way.

Unless the Feds do it, a'la Rodney King.

Which, neither the Stuttering Clusterfukk or Eric Himmler have the stones to do

No one was stalking. Zimmerman wasn't stalking.

He was stealthfully following the victim. The victim noticed and felt threatened.

Ergo, Zimmerman was stalking.

You can repeat that all you want. It wont ever make it true.

But you can't be honest about it. You need to claim stalking because you are trying to pretend he is a criminal. You can't rely on the actual evidence to make a determination.

So the defense rests and NOW new charges that weren't argued or discussed in any fashion are up for consideration?

He can now be convicted of child abuse but isn't allowed to defend himself against that NEW charge.

What a bunch of bullshit. Railroads were cool as a child but not so much now

Any lesser included has to meet the elements of M2. They are just grandstanding for a show. They don't want to face the angry mob alone.

It is one thing to use power point. It is one thing to give a summation.

But to read power point BULLET POINTS as your summation is kind of Amateurish.

This shit does not flow at all.

It's like he knew that he would run out of steam sooner or later and wanted some graphics to help him keep going.

It is one thing to use power point. It is one thing to give a summation.

But to read power point BULLET POINTS as your summation is kind of Amateurish.

This shit does not flow at all.

It's like he knew that he would run out of steam sooner or later and wanted some graphics to help him keep going.

It's all about the #Stamina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back