The Old Lion

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is an excellent teaching entitled, The Old Lion. Who is the Old Lion? America. Read it and weep. This is where we stand today. What will it take to wake people up? Any idea?

Homeward Bound: The Old Lion

The old lion roamed his territory with the ease and authority of one who had never known anything other than being the king of the jungle. Sure, he was getting old, his joints were aching, and his roar was far worse than his bite, but as long as the younger lions didn’t get a hint of this, as long as he could still project authority and supremacy, the old lion knew the inertia of his reputation alone would carry him for years to come.

The young lions were getting brazen. With far more frequency than in his younger years the old lion realized his resolve was being tested, and the testing of his mettle had become a commonplace thing.

Although far from his intellectual peak, the old lion still had enough sense to realize that the instant one of the young lions bloodied him, the instant his vulnerability was established, it was done. The game was over.

Even his roars seemed hollow in the old lion’s ears. He knew there was very little he could back them up with, and if push came to shove, and a worthy opponent stepped up to challenge him, he would have to back down and retreat.

It is a pitiable thing to live off one’s former glories, to live in the nostalgia of when one was on top of the world, long ago, and a generation away. Every story they tell is of the past, and every achievement and triumph is tethered to what they once were, not what they’ve become.

From the night janitor at the local grocer who will tell anyone willing to hear how they scored the winning touchdown during the final minute of the state championship finals, to the graveyard shift waitress who is quick to remind her co-workers she was once prom queen of her high school, some people just get trapped in the past and are never able to excel past that moment when they perceived they reached the height of their accomplishments.

It’s sort of sad when an individual does it. It’s downright dangerous when an entire nation does it.

We are the old lion. Our best days are behind us morally, economically, and militarily. We are not the nation we once were, and everyone can see it. Yet, we’re still living in the nostalgia of past glories and off the hard won reputation of a generation largely returned to the dust.

I’ve said the following often, and to many people because I believe in the veracity of the statement. If it was the generation of the 1940s confronting what is currently happening in the world and not this present generation, I would hold out hope that we could right the ship, and rediscover the strength of humility and power of repentance.

Anyone who has studied history will tell you people were just different back then. They were more willing to help their neighbor, they were more willing to lend a hand, they were less self-involved, less self-obsessed and more willing to recognize God’s hand in the wellbeing of their nation and government.

We are no longer the young lion of yesteryear, but a grizzled, and in many respects feeble lion whose constant hope is that another lion won’t want to pick a fight. Sure, we’re still a match for the lesser beasts of the jungle, we can still take on a zebra, a hyena, perhaps an antelope even, but a pack of young, hungry, fit, and bloodthirsty lions we are no match for, and we know it.

Thank you, Shart. I was thinking more Ezekiel 9 but I suppose my mind has been leaning towards the impending judgment of God on America more than the deliverance of Israel. Seeing our demise precedes her deliverance I'm thinking it must be getting close at hand now.

You know, scholars presumed America was not mentioned in the bible but they are wrong. I was listening to a man by the name of Erwin. I cannot remember his full name but he has a magazine called End Time. I am pretty sure his ministry is on the internet. I should try and look it up. Anyway, I think you'll find this interesting. I certainly did. I did know the bear represented Russia but what he taught on took me by surprise as I'd not seen this in the bible before -

First of all there is this scripture - And the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, the heads of them were two hundred, and all their brethren were at their commandment. - 1 Chronicles 12: 32

and then there is this one:

Many shall be purified, and made white and tried: but the wicked shall do wickedly: none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand. - Daniel 12: 10

Alright here is the nations God pointed out to Daniel over 2,000 years ago. Talk about prophecy unfolding! Watch this one, Shart!

Daniel 7: 2, 3

Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
And the four great beasts came up out of the sea, diverse one from another.

The first was like a lion, and eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked and it was lifted from the earth, and made to stand on the feet of a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised itself up on one side and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl, the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given over it.

After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly: and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and break in peices, and stamped the residue with the feet of it, and it was divers from all that were before it; and it had ten horns.

I considered the horns, and behold, there came up among them a little another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things. - Daniel 7 : 2 - 8

The first one - that was a lion, and had eagles wings which were plucked, and it was lifted from the earth, and made to stand upon the feet as a man, and was given a man's heart - The lion represents which nation? Britain. The lion has always been the beast that represented England. That is where our origin comes from. Britain. The lion had upon it eagles wings which were plucked and it was lifted from the earth and removed and became America - the eagle represents America - the other symbol that has always represented America was a man - who is the man? Uncle Sam. Remember? This is a clear depiction of America coming out of England - and so we are the eagles wings and man representation -

Now look at the bear. What nation represents the bear? Russia. Note it had 3 ribs in its mouth and was told Arise, and devour much flesh. This is an end times vision - Daniel was given - this is an end times vision of Russia - the bear -

Now who is the leopard? The leopard represents Germany - and we see that upon the back of it are four wings of a fowl - and also four heads - and what will this leopard do? It will take dominion. The leopard was the animal that represented Nazi Germany. Again this is a latter times event vision - Watch Germany very carefully because it is very clear Germany will be given dominion according to Daniel 7:6 and then in the night visions Daniel is given the vision of a fourth beast - exceedingly strong - dreadful and terrible - and it had 10 horns. What is the 10 nation union that has merged in these latter times, Shart? The European Union - and in verse 8 we see the anti christ arise. Now lets go back to Daniel 7: 4

What does Daniel 7: 4 represent? America when she broke away from England and her representation is two part - the Eagle - and Uncle Sam - a man. What date was our Declaration of Independence, Shart? 7 - 4 - 1776 What is Daniel 7 : 4 representing? The birth of America July 4 1776 - the eagles wings - coming out of Britain - the man given a mans heart - Uncle Sam. You've got America right there.

Now where are we, Shart?

We see the European Union has been formed. we see the Bear is wide awake and arising with great power. ( Russia ) We see America even at her end now....... We see a secret alliance between Germany and Russia that has been ongoing for some time and the half of it is not known I believe....... We see the most powerful men in the world such as owners of Pharm cartels in Europe - even Solvay - who uses a different name as leader of Bilderberg - Belgium is known headquarters for Satanism globally - yes - in tiny Belgium - we know that NATO, EU leaders and others gather at these meetings - in which the goal has been made known they boast the Anti-Christ will make his first appearance at their headquarters. The rumors of officials over there selecting certain ones of our leadership here in the USA. All of this in plain sight of the American people and yet they do not see what is happening.

Pharmakea means sorcery - how more out in the open could some of these people be and yet we treat them like royalty. Satan told Jesus if you will bow down and worship me I will give you the world. People in Europe took him up on that one - look at Belgium today - look at where the power is concentrated - as they say - "follow the money".....

Jesus did not bow down to Satan but openly defeated him at the cross where he took the keys to hell and the grave and arose on the 3rd day - yet for the world who has not received Christ - they are still blinded by this usurper who was stripped of his authority at the cross - this liar called Lucifer. Oh! How I despise Lucifer! What a deceiver he is! Seriously! He loves to hide under the guise of some religious cloak but he is surely a usurper!

Back to the prophecy. There is a study this man has and I am going to make a point to find out about it as I have only tuned in to listen to him a few times but I find his pointing out these scriptures to be very, very interesting! Don't you?

Shart, the similar threads link below here is very cool, don't you think? This particular thread would not apply but I get the idea and I think it is brilliant! Whoever came up with that idea in designing this format was onto something. I see huge potential for that feature! Huge!

*This thread titled the Old Lion. The similar threads that come up - the Mountain lion and the bull, the biker and the lion, christian the Lion, the Lion king with kittens...... it is pulling up the similar words and linking the threads! Is that cool or what? Very neat idea, imo.

Forum List

Back