The One Question No One So Far Can Answer

What crime was committed, asshole?

Logan Act, Cyber Terrorism, Computer Intrusion, Intercepting Communications, and Conspiracy to aid and abet the previous four crimes.

Where's the evidence, asshole?

Also, there's no such crime as "computer Intrusion" or "intercepting communications," and "conspiracy" is a crime only if you're conspiring to commit some other crime, for which you have zero evidence.

I've posed this hypothetical question to a couple of members and so far no one seems up to the task of providing an answer. So now I'm posing it the whole board.

Ok, here's a hypothetical scenario. Let's say a Trump associate spoke to a Russian representative. The Russian told him we have some really bad shit on the hildabitch and the representative said wow, it would sure help us if you released it on Tuesday and they did exactly that.

Tell me, what specific law would have been broken? Don't give me an opinion, quote the law.

Any takers?

In your scenario, probably no law is being broken. If they were complicit in spreading false Informstion to influence an election then they are probably flirting with treason. If they told the Russians not to react to sanctions because the new administration will be more forgiving then I'm guessing that's a violation... not sure which exact law it's breaking though. Perhaps treason as well. Undermining our government

If they were complicit in spreading false Informstion to influence an election then they are probably flirting with treason.

Spreading false information about Hillary is treason?

What'd they say, "She's the most qualified candidate for President, ever"?

Talk about false info.
Can you really not distinguish between the statement you put down and what I was talking about?

I think the "Russians influenced the election with false news" is a hilarious claim.
Almost as funny as "flirting with treason".

What crime was committed, asshole?

Logan Act, Cyber Terrorism, Computer Intrusion, Intercepting Communications, and Conspiracy to aid and abet the previous four crimes.

Where's the evidence, asshole?

Also, there's no such crime as "computer Intrusion" or "intercepting communications," and "conspiracy" is a crime only if you're conspiring to commit some other crime, for which you have zero evidence.

You might want to check your facts on a couple of those.

Now the confidential informant who offers up information that they did not participate in stealing is not committing a crime. Oh you could say withholding information from law enforcement. Pfui. That wouldn't fly. You could say conspiracy. Nuts.

Even if it was true that Trump himself asked for the information to be gotten and then released from a cut out who is not directly involved. What crime?.

It would be a conspiracy, if any of the people involved colluded, and and in any way aided or abetted the crime. Think of it like the felony murder rule. Where the person driving the getaway car in a robbery where one of the thieves kills someone, is equally guilty of murder.
What if they helped connect the thieves with the person who could get the goods to an outlet that could disseminate or distribute the stolen goods?

What if they helped the thieves decide when it was best to release the stolen goods in to the marketplace to achieve the best results for their candidate?

I don't think you have thought these speculative scenarios through completely....?

I've posed this hypothetical question to a couple of members and so far no one seems up to the task of providing an answer. So now I'm posing it the whole board.

Ok, here's a hypothetical scenario. Let's say a Trump associate spoke to a Russian representative. The Russian told him we have some really bad shit on the hildabitch and the representative said wow, it would sure help us if you released it on Tuesday and they did exactly that.

Tell me, what specific law would have been broken? Don't give me an opinion, quote the law.

Any takers?

In your scenario, probably no law is being broken. If they were complicit in spreading false Informstion to influence an election then they are probably flirting with treason. If they told the Russians not to react to sanctions because the new administration will be more forgiving then I'm guessing that's a violation... not sure which exact law it's breaking though. Perhaps treason as well. Undermining our government

If they were complicit in spreading false Informstion to influence an election then they are probably flirting with treason.

Talk about false info.
Can you really not distinguish between the statement you put down and what I was talking about?

I think the "Russians influenced the election with false news" is a hilarious claim.

Actually Russia did put out some fake stuff, of course many of the left and right wing hate sites did the same. Then the MSM picked up many of the stories and ran with them without doing an independent verification. With everyone competing to be first, accuracy seems to be an after thought.

Now the confidential informant who offers up information that they did not participate in stealing is not committing a crime. Oh you could say withholding information from law enforcement. Pfui. That wouldn't fly. You could say conspiracy. Nuts.

Even if it was true that Trump himself asked for the information to be gotten and then released from a cut out who is not directly involved. What crime?.

It would be a conspiracy, if any of the people involved colluded, and and in any way aided or abetted the crime. Think of it like the felony murder rule. Where the person driving the getaway car in a robbery where one of the thieves kills someone, is equally guilty of murder.
What if they helped connect the thieves with the person who could get the goods to an outlet that could disseminate or distribute the stolen goods?

What if they helped the thieves decide when it was best to release the stolen goods in to the marketplace to achieve the best results for their candidate?

I don't think you have thought these speculative scenarios through completely....?

All those speculative scenarios are dividing the country, when will it be time for everyone to just shut up and let the investigation play out? Then no more speculation is required.

Any takers?

Talk about false info.

So when people like Rex Tillerson, and every Republican member of congress all speak out against the Russians actions and deem them a serious threat, and when our intel agencies open active investigations into these "hilarious" claims, Are all of these people just wasting time and energy over nothing? if so, what possible motive would they have in doing this?

Any takers?

How does one quote a law that does not exist?

What if they took the false narrative articles that the Russians wrote about specific stolen emails and promoted those articles written by the network the thieves are in, and promoted them daily and hourly in their campaigns and spread then across social networks and the rightwing blogosphere like the FAKE Pizzagate crap and Hillary has Parkinsons disease crap and hillary is sick and dying crap?

wouldn't that be encouraging the thief who stole the information to help the 'other candidate' to continue their stealing? Why wouldn't that be like the person who views pictures of pedophilia being guilty as well as the people who actually committed the crime act?

Count the number of 'what if's in your statement and you will have a rough idea of how realistic it is.

Any takers?

How does one quote a law that does not exist?

Good question. The whole point was to get people to examine the facts and look for a substantial justification for many of the claims being made.

Any takers?

What a great patriot! No US press but Russian exclusive!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/trump-russia-meeting-american-reporters-blocked.html

So this is all about wallet envy? You CRAVE big name candidates. They are ALL "the rich and connected".

In 2015, Billy Jeff WhoreHopper was paid $500K to speak to a financial firm in Moscow. You think that's NOT "conflict of interest" by YOUR definition? How many oligarchs with ties to the Kremlin are principals in that group?

I don't care. Because it's not illegal. Neither is talking to a Russian diplomatic when you're a Senator like Sessions and part of an incoming Admin. But Hell. If we're all gonna spend time digging for Russian influence and talking stoning, let's look at it ALL...

Any takers?

What a great patriot! No US press but Russian exclusive!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/trump-russia-meeting-american-reporters-blocked.html

Talk about pathetic pettiness and butt hurt, both parties had official photographers in the room. Who gives a shit who released them? That said this is not on the topic of the thread, please stay on topic.

Which Trump campaign member "conspired" with any hackers? Do you have any evidence of any of your sinister accusations?

Well it could be anyone of them--but it all started in Cleveland during the RNC Convention--and these are names we've heard before.

Kushner's involvement in a meeting was first reported by The New Yorker, and Flynn's by The New York Times.

The administration official disputed the idea that accepting a meeting with the Russian ambassador could be cause for concern in light of the discussion about Russian meddling in the US election, characterizing the meeting as merely an attempt to meet key international players during the transition to power.

Then this:

"Another national security adviser to the Trump campaign, J.D. Gordon, also disclosed Thursday that he had met with Kislyak, this time during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July. That meeting was first reported by USA Today.

Gordon told CNN that along with national security advisers Carter Page and Walid Phares, Gordon stressed to the Russian envoy that he would like to improve relations with Russia.

Then at this same time--Republican Convention, Cleveland in July, 2016 and long before they were even close to winning an election they decided to write foreign policy with the Russian Ambassador.

"Gordon had advocated for language in the GOP platform that the Ukrainians not be armed in their battle against pro-Russian separatists, an effort was ultimately successful. But Gordon says he was simply advocating what Trump himself had expressed -- that he did not wish to see major war break out over the situation in Ukraine."
More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russia's ambassador - CNNPolitics.com

This information came out only (AFTER Flynn was busted and only AFTER Session's lied under to Oath to congress and only AFTER the Trump administration denied 5 times that they had contact with any Russians during the campaign season.)
Analysis | 5 times Donald Trump’s team denied contact with Russia

This sent off a tornado siren to every intelligence agency in this country, including abroad. Which is when Comey testified that the FBI started it's investigation into the Trump campaign.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.html?_r=0

Then this comes out: Shep Smith states that they have phone records of Trump surrogates being on the phone not only with the Russian ambassador, but Russian intelligence agents, including the "very day" that the DNC databases were being hacked into.

CNN confirms it

Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

John McCain wants to know why the "we will not arm the Ukranians against pro-Russian separtists" was put into the Republican Platform.

Adam Schiff cochair of the House intelligence committee states there is MORE than circumstantial evidence.

Right now there are Grand Jury Subpoenas against General Michael Flynn--who has already requested immunity from prosecution, with his lawyers stating "he has a story to tell."
Michael Flynn targeted by grand jury subpoenas, sources confirm
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/us/politics/michael-flynn-congress-immunity-russia.html

Right now the special task force within the Treasury department is looking for money laundering and shell corporations- Paul Manafort's name is mentioned in this also--who was in charge of the Trump campaign-and they're also tracking back to see who PAID the Russian hackers.
Paul Manafort’s finances, alliance with Trump draw Treasury, Justice, FBI eyes

One of Comey's comments about 1-1/2 months ago in front of a Senate hearing--he made this comment: "It's as if they didn't even care if they got caught." That can only mean one thing--they've been caught.

This by no means is going away anytime soon.

Putin-holding-Trump-by-the-balls-Cartoon-by-Felix-Schaad-Tages-Anzeiger.jpg

So you believe a GOP Platform debate is treason? Is that what you're left with here? Do YOU favor arming the Ukranians? Is it DEBATABLE? Should be. Without hysteria about Russian collusion FOR WHICH (on the platform issue) you have NONE..

Just like the rest of this paranoid delusion that's wasting everybody's time...

You should be investigating the DNC ties to Russian influence because CLEARLY the Ukranian policy they ENACTED was not largely different from this GOP platform plank.

Arming Ukraine: Where the 2016 Hopefuls Stand

President Barack Obama has so far resisted appeals from the beleaguered Ukrainian military to provide lethal aid such as small arms, ammunition, and anti-tank weaponry—though he has the authority to do so under a law he signed last year. President Petro Poroshenko of Ukraine, U.S. lawmakers from both parties, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and former diplomats and defense officials have all urged him to consider reversing course.

The former secretary of state and architect of the Russian "reset" policy, who has largely shunned public appearances in the last few months aside from the occasional paid speech, did comment on the Ukraine crisis last month. Clinton said she supported "putting more financial support into the Ukrainian government" during a paid speaking engagement in Winnipeg, Canada, as well as "new equipment, new training for the Ukrainians." She did not specify whether that "equipment" should include lethal arms.

A Clinton spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Obviously those 2 DEMS were talking with Russians CONSTANTLY. And the Uranium give away approved by Mrs WhoreHopper is a MUCH clearer conflict of interest than anything you're mentioning. PLUS her campaign manager was LOBBYING for SberBank in Russia that literally OWNS 1/3 of the Russian economy..

If you're paranoid about Russians -- Let's investigate it all. That way --- the kind of question asked in this OP is APPLIED EQUALLY to both primitive warring tribes....

Obviously those 2 DEMS were talking with Russians CONSTANTLY. And the Uranium give away approved by Mrs WhoreHopper is a MUCH clearer conflict of interest than anything you're mentioning. PLUS her campaign manager was LOBBYING for SberBank in Russia that literally OWNS 1/3 of the Russian economy..

YOU lost all credibility in this 1 paragraph because it is 100% inaccurate and not true....which you easily could have informed yourself by factchecking this partisan rightwing, ignorant, regurgitated by thoughtless pawns, tripe.

come onnnnn, you are better than that flacal!

We've done that part before. And you're unable to point out any inaccuracies. Can't do this here again. Call it a draw. Not the topic of the thread. The SberBank/Podesta Group connection is matter of public record. And it is a serious conflict of interest.

Russia's Largest Bank Confirms Hiring Podesta Group To Lobby For Ending Sanctions | Zero Hedge

OWNS 1/3 of EVERYTHING VALUABLE IN RUSSIA...

Take me to the Bull Ring and we'll hash out my inaccuracies one on one... I crave your attention you know.. :badgrin:

You can talk and blow until your blue in the face and try to spin this toward John Podesta and Hillary Clinton but ALL eyeballs are focused on DONALD TRUMP.

Not unless there's no sense of ACTUAL justice. And with those HYPOCRISIES on the part of the Dems CLEARLY in the open -- there's a pretty high bar to convince the public that none of the Podesta/Clinton dealings came close to ANY of the petty gripes that are being aired to disrupt and distract this country's elected government.

I'm talking about the election. You honestly believed at the time that the wikileaks revelations would do NO HARM WHATSOEVER to Hillary's chances of winning?

Most Americans had made up their minds, snowflakes were going to vote Democrat no matter what. There wasn't much revealed that people did not already know or did not surprise them about democrats.

Hillary was the worst candidate in US history...that's the real problem with Hillary, not what was released about her.

To begin with, her name should never have been allowed on the ballot on election day anyway for being under MULTIPLE FBI investigations for crimes to conclude ESPIONAGE just days before the election.

As has been since revealed, Trump was also under investigation.
Why then were the Trump supporters around here unanimously certain that the wikileaks revelations were bringing Hillary down?
Some were, I wasn't. That's where your assertion of unanimity reveals a fatal flaw in your "reasoning" process. I declared several times that she would never be indicted because she was too connected and knew where the bodies were buried. A less well connected person, however, would have been.

I'm talking about the election. You honestly believed at the time that the wikileaks revelations would do NO HARM WHATSOEVER to Hillary's chances of winning?
I knew she was a terrible candidate and I HOPED they would help keep her out of the White House. I did not, however, think they alone would cause enough problems to derail her attempt to stumble to the throne. Given what I saw from her partisans on this board, you would have thought the only issue was that someone broke into the DNC's computers, and the emails themselves were inconsequential. Apparently, they were very wrong.

Lesson learned, secure your data. Even better, don't keep stupidity around to be found.

1. Don't put classified information on an unclassified, unencrypted computer.

2. Don't use 'password' as your password

3. Don't give access to e-mails / information / usernames/passwords to the information to those who don't have clearances, need to know, etc...like maids and terrorist-connected Pakistani Spies under investigation for espionage.

So you think burglars are innocent if you left your front door unlocked?

Goddam that's funny.
And what's even worse, is the whole thing is a regurgitated LIE....Podesta never used the word Password, as his password...s

so THAT never happened in the first place I read yesterday on a fact checker

Any takers?

Talk about false info.

So when people like Rex Tillerson, and every Republican member of congress all speak out against the Russians actions and deem them a serious threat, and when our intel agencies open active investigations into these "hilarious" claims, Are all of these people just wasting time and energy over nothing? if so, what possible motive would they have in doing this?

So when people like Rex Tillerson, and every Republican member of congress all speak out against the Russians actions

Which actions? Posting fake stories about Hillary? Or posting real stories about Hillary?

Are all of these people just wasting time and energy over nothing?

Pretty much.

if so, what possible motive would they have in doing this?

Laughing at snowflake hysterics is the best way to trigger them.
If they instead nod, look serious and promise to investigate, they'll prevent millions of liberal breakdowns.

All those speculative scenarios are dividing the country, when will it be time for everyone to just shut up and let the investigation play out? Then no more speculation is required.

When President Trump stops sticking his foot in his mouth and tweeting and trying to sidetrack the investigation and trying to obfuscate the investigation and firing the investigators and prosecutors, it'll be over soon enough...

HE IS WHY all of this is going on...

If he kept his mouth shut and stopped trying to interfere and redirect this investigation, NONE of us would be listening to this non stop crap daily from the news.

I think Trump thrives on controversy and being the center of attention, good or bad....the world only rotates around him.and by golly, he could be right at this point...

When President Trump stops sticking his foot in his mouth and tweeting and trying to sidetrack the investigation and trying to obfuscate the investigation and firing the investigators and prosecutors, it'll be over soon enough...

If he kept his mouth shut and stopped trying to interfere and redirect this investigation, NONE of us would be listening to this non stop crap daily from the news.

I think Trump thrives on controversy and being the center of attention, good or bad....the world only rotates around him.and by golly, he could be right at this point...

Why are you ignoring reality, Trump hasn't sidetracked anything. The investigations in the FBI and congress are moving along at the same pace they did before he fired Comey. The director does not conduct field investigations personally.

Why are you ignoring reality, Trump hasn't sidetracked anything. The investigations in the FBI and congress are moving along at the same pace they did before he fired Comey. The director does not conduct field investigations personally.

Why are YOU ignoring reality, Trump, and his Republican accessories have done nothing but hindered the investigations...in the House with Nunes and that whole freak show that turned out to be absolutely nothing, and Nunes cancelling important hearings, and Trump tweeting Obama wire tapped him that turned out not to be true sent the press in to a frenzy, Getting the republican house and senate Intelligence committee heads to come out and defend him WHEN THEY are suppose to be conducting an independent investigation, the Senate and the House not FUNDING their investigations, NOT ONE extra staff was hired yet to help and Benghazi investigations put on something like 40 extra staffers.... Then Trump firing Yates, then Trump firing the NY AG who had trump under investigation and also handles the foreign money laundering cases for all of the US, then Trump firing Comey while he headed the investigation on the Russians, and then Trump snding his minions out to spread his lies, and then Trump claiming Comey asked to have dinner with him asking for his job, and then trump claiming he has taped the conversation....And Trump's Lester Holt interview contradicting everything he sent Pence and his talking heads to do....

IT'S ALL TRUMP

CAUSING ALL OF THIS

And any sane person would be asking, What in the heck is he trying to hide through all of these wild goose chases he sends the media on?

Why are YOU ignoring reality, Trump, and his Republican accessories have done nothing but hindered the investigations...in the House with Nunes and that whole freak show that turned out to be absolutely nothing, and Nunes cancelling important hearings, and Trump tweeting Obama wire tapped him that turned out not to be true sent the press in to a frenzy, Getting the republican house and senate Intelligence committee heads to come out and defend him WHEN THEY are suppose to be conducting an independent investigation, the Senate and the House not FUNDING their investigations, NOT ONE extra staff was hired yet to help and Benghazi investigations put on something like 40 extra staffers.... Then Trump firing Yates, then Trump firing the NY AG who had trump under investigation and also handles the foreign money laundering cases for all of the US, then Trump firing Comey while he headed the investigation on the Russians, and then Trump snding his minions out to spread his lies, and then Trump claiming Comey asked to have dinner with him asking for his job, and then trump claiming he has taped the conversation....And Trump's Lester Holt interview contradicting everything he sent Pence and his talking heads to do....

IT'S ALL TRUMP

CAUSING ALL OF THIS

And any sane person would be asking, What in the heck is he trying to hide through all of these wild goose chases he sends the media on?

Nunes was given a series of intelligence report numbers that were reported to contain unmasked names of Trump associates. He tried to view them at a couple of intel agencies and they stonewalled him. So after a few weeks he arranged to view them at the WH secure facility, which is not located in the WH proper, but another office building on the WH grounds. You commiecrats politicized the crap out of it, as they have done pretty much everything since they got the asses kicked in Nov. The reality is he did nothing improper and will be exonerated by the ethics committee.

Trump made the accusation of the wire tapping after the contents of his and his staffs communication ended up on the news. What would you have concluded?

Feinstein and other Dems have said they haven't seen anything that would suggest collusion, it's not just Republicans saying that. And why would they need extra staff, this is primarily an investigation into Russian interference, it's not like there are thousand of documents to sift through, 99% of the data considered will come directly form our intel agencies.

BTW Trump doesn't have the authority to fire the NY AG, but Yates was fired for not doing her job and Comey was fired for taking actions on subjects he wasn't authorized to do. Spin it any you want, it won't change the facts, because even Trump is smart enough to know that firing people won't change or alter ongoing investigations.

Trump also did not claim he has tapes, he insinuated he might have, probably to give Comey some pause on what he might leak to the press.

BTW I agree he should get his communications in order before he does something, he'll learn, his learning curve is a bit steeper than polished politicians. America wanted change, they got it, it's time to stop bitching about the petty shit.

Talk about false info.

So when people like Rex Tillerson, and every Republican member of congress all speak out against the Russians actions

Which actions? Posting fake stories about Hillary? Or posting real stories about Hillary?

Are all of these people just wasting time and energy over nothing?

Pretty much.

if so, what possible motive would they have in doing this?

Laughing at snowflake hysterics is the best way to trigger them.
If they instead nod, look serious and promise to investigate, they'll prevent millions of liberal breakdowns.
what are you talking about? Only dipshits like you get off on trying to provoke the snowflakes. The serious guys who are in charge, like Tillerson, do nod and look serious because it is serious. The fact that you can't even describe what the real issue is not recognize the threat just shows that you are only tuned into the partisan web of lies.

Forum List

Back