🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Politics of Affirmative Action: SCOTUS To Decide Today on Race Consideratons

Guy, I've already established, when it comes to doing the right thing, I couldn't give two fucks about the law and the constitution.

The right thing is that we have 400 years of racial stupidity to make up for in this country.

We haven't fixed all the problems in 40. We've made progress, we aren't there yet.

Well then, by all means, lets pay reparations to all former slaves and fine all former slave owners.

Giving someone special treatment by virtue of his skin color is just wrong. As wrong as Jim Crow.
In fact, Affirmative Action is Jim Crow in reverse.

How many 'former slaves' and 'former slave owners' would you estimate we have today? If we have any, they would be pretty damn old.

Exactly my point. We don't owe anyone anything because blacks were enslaved. It may be a dark part of our past, but not one single living person was held a slave in this country. Get the fuck over it, already.

I'm not really upset at all. Affirmative action is doing EXACTLY what it is intended to do- giving women and minorities a chance at consideration.

Blah Blah Blah....
Affirmative action is INDEED doing what it was intended - increase the number of minorities employed/enrolled without considering qualifications.
AA is a perfect example of how liberal policies are based on fantasy land philosophies conjured up over tea and finger sandwiches by the underachieved idealist.
Do you have ANY idea what AA and overly funded education grants have done to the graduation rates of universities?? Any??
Today there are 1000's of community colleges packed with minority students with fully taxpayer funded educations, including room and board with LESS THAN 10% GRADUATION RATES.
It is a complete failure and enormous waste of taxpayer dollars.

Last edited:
With Kagan recusing herself, i'm seeing 5-3, but it could go 44 in which case, the lower court ruling stands.

We won't know what they decide for months anyway.

Guy, I've already established, when it comes to doing the right thing, I couldn't give two fucks about the law and the constitution.

The right thing is that we have 400 years of racial stupidity to make up for in this country.

We haven't fixed all the problems in 40. We've made progress, we aren't there yet.

Well then, by all means, lets pay reparations to all former slaves and fine all former slave owners.

Giving someone special treatment by virtue of his skin color is just wrong. As wrong as Jim Crow.
In fact, Affirmative Action is Jim Crow in reverse.

How many 'former slaves' and 'former slave owners' would you estimate we have today? If we have any, they would be pretty damn old.

That's the thing, they're all dead. Or there's a few that would get insanely rich. One of the two.

It may be time to just admit that affirmative action has failed and try something else. Like treating people equally.

Minorities are never going to believe they are equal. Their failures are all the fault of the white man.

It may be time to just admit that affirmative action has failed and try something else. Like treating people equally.

Minorities are never going to believe they are equal. Their failures are all the fault of the white man.

The ironic thing is that these white men are telling them it's the fault of the white man. Interesting, don't you think?

The ironic thing is that these white men are telling them it's the fault of the white man. Interesting, don't you think?

No, not really. I think they just don't want their butlers or their maids to kill them in their beds.

No, not really. I think they just don't want their butlers or their maids to kill them in their beds.

Well, we don't need a bloodbath now, do we?

The problem this country has is allowing out of control factions to remain out of control for half a century. See related EBT card threads.

[

That basis is flawed. This is about reverse discrimination, not about gender discrimination. What are you trying to prove exactly? Your argument has nothing to do with my thread, Joe.

"reverse discrimination" is one of those wonderful terms that don't mean all that much. Other than to make the victimizers the victim.

Forum List

Back