The Poltergeist curse

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Strange things happened during the filming of the three Poltergeist movies. A cast member was murdered shortly after the first film, an American Indian actor died during routine surgery after he performed a Shaman exorcism, another actor narrowly missed death in a plane crash when he changed his seat and the child star died at age 12 before the 3rd sequel was completed..

If the same cast had filmed a movie about a lost dog traveling across country on its own to be reunited with its family, it would be a coincidence and not a curse. There are people who claim the superman franchise is cursed, but my god that thing runs 70+ years. That is a lot of time for people to get sick and die.

Yeah but these people died a violent death or became sick and died before the trilogy was completed. There are other strange incidents that didn't result in death.

Yeah but these people died a violent death or became sick and died before the trilogy was completed. There are other strange incidents that didn't result in death.
I didn't know the kid died....do you mean the blond girl that played the youngest daughter?.....

I didn't know the kid died....do you mean the blond girl that played the youngest daughter?.....
Yeah, the star of all three movies. She died before they tied up the 3rd movie and they had to do some stand-in scenes. Septic poisoning from the intestine was apparently the diagnosis.

Here's where it starts to fall apart. It is claimed by the likes of H'wood writer A.J.Benza that the curse is based on a human skeleton they used in the first movie and continued to use in the second Poltergeist movie. I seriously doubt that it is legal to use real human body parts from a deceased person in a movie but it makes for a good yarn.

Forum List

Back