The Press Secretary vs The Baker

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
What happened with Jack vs what happened with Sarah:

I’ve been reading comments by many people opining that what happened to Sarah Huckabee Sanders is _exactly_ like what Denver baker Jack Phillips did — So there!

Okay, let’s compare:

Jack got a request to create and deliver a custom cake celebrating a same-sex wedding. He said he would be happy to have them as customers, would sell them anything else in his store, (for example, even create a custom birthday cake), but he would not use his artistic ability to celebrate a ceremony out of harmony with his Christian faith. (For clarity, he also will not make a cake celebrating divorce.) One of their moms later called with the same request, and Jack also declined the request from her. Activists have since harassed Jack and protested his store.

When Stephanie Wilkinson, owner of the Red Hen, got a call that the White House Press Secretary was at her restaurant, she drove over and personally asked Sanders to leave, because Sarah was out of harmony with her politics. She was not willing to serve her anything. She did not want her in the building. It appears she may have even followed Sarah and the others out to the car, harassing them as she went.

Now, the key questions:

Who declined an event — and who refused a person?

Who is protected by the First Amendment guarantee to the free exercise of religion — and who is not?

Which business would you rather be a patron of?

Both were following their principles, but one is a hater and the other is a hero when your a blind partisan.

Both were following their principles, but one is a hater and the other is a hero when your a blind partisan.
The hater is the red hen owner, right?

One was based on beliefs and one was based on hate.

Weren’t they both based off their moral convictions? Frankly, I don’t really care all that much other than to watch some people flip flop all over place when it’s convenient.

Weren’t they both based off their moral convictions? Frankly, I don’t really care all that much other than to watch some people flip flop all over place when it’s convenient.

The baker's was his religious beliefs. I doubt there was hatred there. The Red Hen loon? A jackass

A restaurant owner refusing to serve blacks is following their own principles too.

Indeed. Which should be their choice. Not the local, state, or federal government forcing people to business with one another. Would I go to such an establishment? Hell no.

A restaurant owner refusing to serve blacks is following their own principles too.

Indeed. Which should be their choice. Not the local, state, or federal government forcing people to business with one another. Would I go to such an establishment? Hell no.
Baker offered to sell anything in his store.
Restaurant used hate to drive away customers.

Would you fully take part in a man marrying a 5 year old?

I'd take part...beating his ass

No, I would call the police after I recused the child.

No, I would call the police after I recused the child.
One day soon it will be legal, so you are just like the Baker except your refusal is just a personal belief, not religious.

One day soon it will be legal, so you are just like the Baker except your refusal is just a personal belief, not religious.

You think grown men marrying children will be legal soon? :lol:
15 years ago homosexuals marrying was out of the question for everyone.

Your answer on the issue makes you just like the Baker, deal with it.

Forum List

Back