The Problem with Robert F Kennedy JR. is His Relationship With Truth

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
I thought of the Election 2024 forum, the Politics forum, but this is such a topic that it transcends either. "Bobby" as he is popularly known, has long had issues with being totally truthful.

I'll start here with:

"“In my heart, I no longer believe I have a realistic path to an electoral victory,” Kennedy said. “I am not terminating my campaign. I am simply suspending it.” He said that he will remain on the ballot in most states but that he is in the process of removing his name from ballots in battleground states." - the idea that he ever had a realistic path to winning the presidency is laughably at best. Probabilities, possibilities, realities? Anyone who believed he actually had a realistic path to victory was just not being honest with themselves.

Bobby was a stone cold junkie for many years, for a long time, 14 years. He went into "recovery" (I've never been a 100% believer in that claim). My opinion aside, after Bobby was arrested at the airport Crash Landing For Bobby in Rapid City, S. Dakota, and his brother David was found dead in a hotel room in Palm Beach, Bobby got clean. He speaks of this often.

What Bobby doesn't really speak truthfully about, and this goes back decades, is his time spent with the riverkeepers/waterkeepers organizations, and his contributions and ---- it's just too much. Let's share a few quotes from a few articles I have had in my files over the years:

"Bobby later changed his claim/story cofounded Waterkeeper Alliance, not Riverkeeper."

Robert Boyle’s son Alex Boyle, then 22, was among the volunteers who helped collect samples from a polluted tributary of Quassaick Creek. He said Kennedy was initially friendly but one day went on a furious tirade in which he falsely accused the younger man of inappropriately labeling sample jars.

After that, Alex Boyle said, he was wary of Kennedy — and warned others to be as well.

“I said to my father, ‘You have a pet rattlesnake,’” he recalled. “‘Eventually he’s going to bite you.’”

In 1997, Cronin and Kennedy published “The Riverkeepers.” Although the book credited Robert Boyle’s foundational role, the older man felt he had been upstaged, and his relationship to his lieutenants “changed dramatically,” Kennedy said.

“He just became very hostile,” Kennedy said. “Let me put it this way: Bob Boyle was always a curmudgeon, and that was part of his charm. And he became increasingly charming with age.”

Fletcher Hodges, who took over the group’s day-to-day operations after Cronin’s departure, said Kennedy regularly skipped staff meetings.

“Everything that Bobby Kennedy did at Riverkeeper was about Bobby Kennedy and not about Riverkeeper,” Hodges, now 90, said in an interview. “I thought he was a liability.”

The birds that survived were sold for $1,500 to $12,500 apiece to American collectors, who were willing to pay a premium on the black market for animals that were illegal to export from Australia. Investigators estimated the operation generated $1.5 million over about eight years. Wegner managed the sales through outlets including an associate’s business in New Paltz, Planned Parrothood, and a trailer in Malibu, where he tried without success to sell a screenplay about bird smuggling.

“It was a very calculated undertaking that he did, with quite a bit of hubris,” said former U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service special agent Robert Jarmuz, who led the investigation and personally arrested Wegner. “He ruined the lives of many people along the way that were impressionable and younger.”

Wegner, now 73, did not respond to requests for comment.

Boyle was livid when he learned about Wegner’s past and ordered that he be fired. Kennedy objected, taking his case to the board.

Under Kennedy’s influence, the group continued to grow as a fundraising juggernaut; by the time he left in 2017 its annual revenue had surpassed $4 million, according to tax records. It has also expanded its reach, helping to seed nearly 300 affiliate organizations around the world under the Waterkeeper Alliance.

Hudson River Fishermen’s Association, later renamed Riverkeeper,

In 1987, he co-founded an environmental litigation clinic at Pace Law School that worked primarily on cases for Riverkeeper.

helping to seed nearly 300 affiliate organizations around the world under the Waterkeeper Alliance.

In 1984, a judge sentenced Kennedy to two years’ probation. Abandoning his former career path as an assistant district attorney in Manhattan, he entered rehab and eventually began working on a former estate in the Hudson Valley to fulfill his community service requirement. There he encountered the Hudson River Fishermen’s Association, later renamed Riverkeeper, which was setting up its office in a farmhouse on the grounds.

links below in other post

Last edited:
Kennedy gained his faithful voters from the people who couldn't stomach voting for either Trump or Biden.

Does that say something about where they will go now?

Or will they go where Kennedy tells them to go?

LOL

Fletcher Hodges, who took over the group’s day-to-day operations after Cronin’s departure, said Kennedy regularly skipped staff meetings.

“Everything that Bobby Kennedy did at Riverkeeper was about Bobby Kennedy and not about Riverkeeper,” Hodges, now 90, said in an interview. “I thought he was a liability.”

Bobby: Very transactional -- very like Trump, another Trust Fund Baby. Both members of the Lucky Sperm Club. Born on Home-plate, not third base.

"Bobby changed his claim/story cofounded Waterkeeper Alliance, not Riverkeeper."

Kennedy gained his faithful voters from the people who couldn't stomach voting for either Trump or Biden.

Does that say something about where they will go now?

Or will they go where Kennedy tells them to go?

LOL
The following is not a real cult-of-personality. As with Trump, I am sure Bobby's hard base is .. but I've met many out here WHERE Bobby actually lives. Met Bobby on the S/M promenade (did not really speak.), was familiar with some of his base, who would then turn on anyone who would not drink the vaccine shit koolaid.

He had so little support. Facts Matter. If Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s name were Robert F. Smith Jr., he would be written off as an anti-vaccine nutjob. His pedigree is enough to make some Democrats give his presidential campaign a look — and they will find that he is indeed an anti-vaccine nutjob and that he often sounds a lot like a MAGA Republican. He got some some Republicans to give his presidential campaign a look, but the MAGA cult was not there.

The following is not a real cult-of-personality. As with Trump, I am sure Bobby's hard base is .. but I've met many out here WHERE Bobby actually lives. Met Bobby on the S/M promenade (did not really speak.), was familiar with some of his base, who would then turn on anyone who would not drink the vaccine shit koolaid.

He had so little support. Facts Matter. If Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s name were Robert F. Smith Jr., he would be written off as an anti-vaccine nutjob. His pedigree is enough to make some Democrats give his presidential campaign a look — and they will find that he is indeed an anti-vaccine nutjob and that he often sounds a lot like a MAGA Republican. He got some some Republicans to give his presidential campaign a look, but the MAGA cult was not there.
If his people couldn't stomach voting for Trump, will they vote for Trump?

If his people couldn't stomach voting for Biden, will the vote for................?? I dunno?

Was it me or was it some other Donald?

I thought of the Election 2024 forum, the Politics forum, but this is such a topic that it transcends either. "Bobby" as he is popularly known, has long had issues with being totally truthful.

I'll start here with:

"“In my heart, I no longer believe I have a realistic path to an electoral victory,” Kennedy said. “I am not terminating my campaign. I am simply suspending it.” He said that he will remain on the ballot in most states but that he is in the process of removing his name from ballots in battleground states." - the idea that he ever had a realistic path to winning the presidency is laughably at best. Probabilities, possibilities, realities? Anyone who believed he actually had a realistic path to victory was just not being honest with themselves.

Bobby was a stone cold junkie for many years, for a long time, 14 years. He went into "recovery" (I've never been a 100% believer in that claim). My opinion aside, after Bobby was arrested at the airport Crash Landing For Bobby in Rapid City, S. Dakota, and his brother David was found dead in a hotel room in Palm Beach, Bobby got clean. He speaks of this often.

What Bobby doesn't really speak truthfully about, and this goes back decades, is his time spent with the riverkeepers/waterkeepers organizations, and his contributions and ---- it's just too much. Let's share a few quotes from a few articles I have had in my files over the years:

"Bobby later changed his claim/story cofounded Waterkeeper Alliance, not Riverkeeper."

Nice load of crap no one cares about.

You can’t even talk about one issue he spoke of in this speech.

Nice load of crap no one cares about.

You can’t even talk about one issue he spoke of in this speech.

"Kennedy mentioned Trump's "biggest donors" as among the people who gave him confidence to endorse Trump. The biggest donor to Kennedy is also the biggest donor to Trump: Timothy Mellon, a reclusive heir to a Gilded Age fortune."

ty

I'll start here with:

Damage control? He, Kennedy, put a hurting to your rotten to the core party. He showed Americans Democrats do not give one fuck about democracy. He torched the MSM too. Americans have had it, Kennedy is making sure they have.

And why not talk about what he said not what you claim he has done?

Damage control? He, Kennedy, put a hurting to your rotten to the core party. He showed Americans Democrats do not give one fuck about democracy. He torched the MSM too. Americans have had it, Kennedy is making sure they have.

And why not talk about what he said not what you claim he has done?
whatever

321973643_1250657235578131_8585150840925921735_n.jpg

Anti-vaccine people are not nut jobs. People that believe Big Pharma and our government are.

He's a fucking scuzbag Democrat. Of course he's a lying piece of shit.

WTF? Did you just fall off the coconut tree? :rolleyes:

I'll start here with:

1724445050441.png

snippet:
"Jennifer O’Malley Dillon, chair of the Harris campaign, suggested in a statement that Kennedy supporters should turn to Harris instead of Trump, saying: “For any American out there who is tired of Donald Trump and looking for a new way forward, ours is a campaign for you.” The statement did not actually refer to Kennedy by name. Democrats had spent months seeking to tie Kennedy to Trump, but have more lately backed off as Kennedy's polling weakened."

pay attention

or don't

Forum List

Back