The Problem with Robert F Kennedy JR. is His Relationship With Truth

Of course we called it. We correctly pointed out, from the start, that Kennedy's campaign was a right-wing ratfuking campaign. And so, when it turned out it was hurting the Republicans more than Democrats, the Republicans pulled the plug.

The question is ... why was anyone fooled by it? Sure, he pretended to be independent, but all of his cash came from the right. Follow the money.

If you're wondering, no, we Democrats don't ever get tired about being always proven right about everything. We're quite used to it.

I thought of the Election 2024 forum, the Politics forum, but this is such a topic that it transcends either. "Bobby" as he is popularly known, has long had issues with being totally truthful.

I'll start here with:

"“In my heart, I no longer believe I have a realistic path to an electoral victory,” Kennedy said. “I am not terminating my campaign. I am simply suspending it.” He said that he will remain on the ballot in most states but that he is in the process of removing his name from ballots in battleground states." - the idea that he ever had a realistic path to winning the presidency is laughably at best. Probabilities, possibilities, realities? Anyone who believed he actually had a realistic path to victory was just not being honest with themselves.

Bobby was a stone cold junkie for many years, for a long time, 14 years. He went into "recovery" (I've never been a 100% believer in that claim). My opinion aside, after Bobby was arrested at the airport Crash Landing For Bobby in Rapid City, S. Dakota, and his brother David was found dead in a hotel room in Palm Beach, Bobby got clean. He speaks of this often.

What Bobby doesn't really speak truthfully about, and this goes back decades, is his time spent with the riverkeepers/waterkeepers organizations, and his contributions and ---- it's just too much. Let's share a few quotes from a few articles I have had in my files over the years:

"Bobby later changed his claim/story cofounded Waterkeeper Alliance, not Riverkeeper."

links below in other post

Kennedy is choosing to trust Trump. Let’s see how that goes.

The independent candidate’s sort-of-withdrawal from the presidential contest is predicated on the idea that Donald Trump is a man of his word.

“President Trump has told me that he wants this” — fixing “chronic disease” primarily by getting kids to eat better, apparently — “to be his legacy,” Kennedy said. “I’m choosing to believe at this time he will follow through.”
There’s some self-awareness there, certainly; someone with full confidence in the reliability of someone else doesn’t couch that confidence with a tacit “we’ll see.” But even that limited awarding of trust in Donald Trump seems very obviously to be misplaced.

First of all, there's the fact that Donald Trump has never once mentioned “chronic disease” in this context. To believe that Trump is concerned about the issue is one thing. To take at anything close to face value that Trump intends for “chronic disease” to be the defining characteristic of Trump's time in the White House requires an unbelievable level of credulousness.

Of course we called it. We correctly pointed out, from the start, that Kennedy's campaign was a right-wing ratfuking campaign. And so, when it turned out it was hurting the Republicans more than Democrats, the Republicans pulled the plug.

The question is ... why was anyone fooled by it? Sure, he pretended to be independent, but all of his cash came from the right. Follow the money.

If you're wondering, no, we Democrats don't ever get tired about being always proven right about everything. We're quite used to it.
The money: two big donors: Nicole Shanahan and Timothy Mellon

Campaign-finance records show that Kennedy's running mate, Nicole Shanahan, was refunded $925,000 from the Kennedy campaign on July 18. We didn’t learn about that refund until this week, but it’s unusual to see a self-funding candidate get money refunded to them — a move that surely foreshadowed today's announcement. Shanahan had put in $12.5 million in successive donations to back their ticket.

The Kennedy campaign will be one of the cycle’s oddest money-in-politics stories. This was a campaign that had an extraordinary reliance on a supportive super PAC, a security consultant who put millions (temporarily) into backing him, and in Shanahan, a running mate who was chosen in no small part because of her ability to financially support their bid. Kennedy faced many big challenges, like ballot access. And his campaign-finance gambits couldn’t overcome them.

Theodore Schleifer
I’ve written a lot about Nicole Shanahan over the last five years. It’s worth thinking about what kind of role she wants to have in politics after this. She used to be a major Democratic donor who lived a somewhat private life. Friends were shocked by her decision to join Kennedy's ticket. But she catapulted into the spotlight and seemed to relish fighting with her former party and the media. She said this week that she wanted to be a major donor in California politics going forward. So she’s probably not fading into the background and could become a persistent political figure in her own right, as a donor or a candidate.

---

Kennedy mentioned Trump's "biggest donors" as among the people who gave him confidence to endorse Trump. The biggest donor to Kennedy is also the biggest donor to Trump: Timothy Mellon, a reclusive heir to a Gilded Age fortune.

I thought of the Election 2024 forum, the Politics forum, but this is such a topic that it transcends either. "Bobby" as he is popularly known, has long had issues with being totally truthful.

I'll start here with:

"“In my heart, I no longer believe I have a realistic path to an electoral victory,” Kennedy said. “I am not terminating my campaign. I am simply suspending it.” He said that he will remain on the ballot in most states but that he is in the process of removing his name from ballots in battleground states." - the idea that he ever had a realistic path to winning the presidency is laughably at best. Probabilities, possibilities, realities? Anyone who believed he actually had a realistic path to victory was just not being honest with themselves.

Bobby was a stone cold junkie for many years, for a long time, 14 years. He went into "recovery" (I've never been a 100% believer in that claim). My opinion aside, after Bobby was arrested at the airport Crash Landing For Bobby in Rapid City, S. Dakota, and his brother David was found dead in a hotel room in Palm Beach, Bobby got clean. He speaks of this often.

What Bobby doesn't really speak truthfully about, and this goes back decades, is his time spent with the riverkeepers/waterkeepers organizations, and his contributions and ---- it's just too much. Let's share a few quotes from a few articles I have had in my files over the years:

"Bobby later changed his claim/story cofounded Waterkeeper Alliance, not Riverkeeper."

links below in other post
The problem is your relationship with reality. The skank is going to lose. She is even more unlikeable than the Beast.

The problem is your relationship with reality. The skank is going to lose. She is even more unlikeable than the Beast.
Skank? Somebody mention skanks?

raunchy melania 1.jpg

Forum List

Back