The profound wickedness of our country

Uh, I don't think it does that.
I sound like it does. Theoretically, she could abort herself with a coat hanger while the ambulance is coming to take her to the hospital for delivery, no questions asked and the thrust of medical service would be to save her life. Doctor are still not going to be allowed to kill babies for 28 days, but is sounds like it pushes abortion at will all the way up to delivery.
Look back at the bill and tell me where I am wrong. It is possible, but I have now read it twice.

They ought to just name the bill. . . "The throw your newborn in the dumpster protection for girls Act."

The audacity of folks that are even arguing and defending this bill on here. . . :sigh2:

Maryland already has a law that if you don't want the child, you can drop it off at a cop shop or hospital, no questions asked. Why are these 2 bills even necessary?

^ It does if you use the word perinatal. Which the bill does...
It does not negate the doctor's responsibility to try to treat newborn babies, under the existing laws of that state.

Theoretically, she could abort herself with a coat hanger while the ambulance is coming to take her to the hospital for delivery, no questions asked and the thrust of medical service would be to save her life
No, it simply outlines manslaughter charges for some acts with no regard to that act, deferring to existing law. She could still be charged with murder.

And you think women are going to abort a 24 week old fetus themselves, with a coat hanger? How in your imagination.or experience do you suppose that works? Where has this ever been a "thing"?

I mean, wtf

What meaningful difference is there between a baby five minutes before birth and five minutes after?
In the letter of the law, it matters. We are merely defining terms and looking at what the law actually says and does not say. Try to keep up Bobby

What a bizarre fantasy. This does not happen.
Oh, but it does. I called it the dead room. The hospitals call them "Comfort Rooms"

Here is a nurse's testimony:
Christ Hospital instituted something called a Comfort Room, where babies who were aborted alive would be placed until they died. It was decorated and a rocking chair was provided for anyone who wanted to sit with the baby. Various services were offered in the comfort room, such as professional photographs taken of the aborted babies for any interested parents."

Maryland already has a law that if you don't want the child, you can drop it off at a cop shop or hospital, no questions asked. Why are these 2 bills even necessary?
Well, in N.M. where that new mother did that? They have the same laws . . . So I could not tell you why new mothers throw their baby's away.

It is beyond me why new mother's throw their kids off bridges, in dumpsters, drown them in the tub, etc.

Postpartum?

Beyond me.

Oh, but it does. I called it the dead room. The hospitals call them "Comfort Rooms"

Here is a nurse's testimony:

She said Christ Hospital instituted something called a Comfort Room, where babies who were aborted alive would be placed until they died. She said it was decorated and a rocking chair was provided for anyone who wanted to sit with the baby. Various services were offered in the comfort room, such as professional photographs taken of the aborted babies for any interested parents."
Storytime!

Dates and locations are required, if you think this is relevant.

Let's scrutinize this account.

And, go

House Bill 1171
Senate Bill 669

Perinatal is post birth:
The term used in the legislation is 'perinatal,' not prenatal. Prenatal naturally means 'before' birth. The medical definition of 'perinatal' is vastly different: 'The perinatal period is defined in diverse ways. Depending on the definition, it starts at the 20th to 28th week of gestation and ends 1 to 4 weeks after birth.

And if you are worried about the rights of the child:
"Nothing in this section shall be construed to confer personhood or any rights on the fetus,"

The bill also includes a section that would allow 'a person {to} bring a cause of action for damages if the person was subject to unlawful arrest or criminal investigation for a violation of this section as a result of . . . experiencing a . . . perinatal death.
"This section may not be construed to authorize any form of investigation or penalty for a person . . . experiencing a . . . perinatal death related to a failure to act."

They can sue for even being asked what happened to the dead baby...
Perinatal death related to a failure to act means, for example, starvation.

It does not negate the doctor's responsibility to try to treat newborn babies, under the existing laws of that state.
It relieves them from having to take care of the newborn. Once it leaves the hospital it's life or death is all in the parent's hands.
As for doctor's care? If the baby isn't wanted it's neck is slit and it's thrown in the trash. Hence the need for "Comfort" rooms. Nurses were taking the poor souls out of the trash and hiding in broom closets holding the babies until they finally succumb. They testified to that very thing at a Senate hearing.

Perinatal death related to a failure to act means, for example, starvation.
That means it died because the parent did not act to save it. Failure to act can cover drowning, freezing, starving, suffocating, with the right given to the parent to sue if anybody gets nosy about it...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back