The reason why I like the NBA much more than the MLB

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
Is thereā€™s more improvisation and creativity in the NBA. In MLB a lot of these commentators will say over and over again ā€œthe beautiful thing about baseball is you get to see something new every time you watch a gameā€. Totally bullshit. You see same shit over and over again. Baseball is has the most repetitiveness in it out of all the major sports.

I'm not a big sports guy but something I like more about basketball is how many points are scored over a game. Baseball and soccer are kind of slow in that sense.

I like the NBA better because baseball takes about seven hours to play a game with about two minutes of action.

I like the NBA better because baseball takes about seven hours to play a game with about two minutes of action.

My grandfather's favorite sports related thing is drinking beer and watching NASCAR. Now that is some boring shit I will never understand.

One could easily say the same about the NFL. However I think the action you see in a nfl game is ten times more exciting than the action in MLB.

My grandfather's favorite sports related thing is drinking beer and watching NASCAR. Now that is some boring shit I will never understand.
Not meant for TV. Its a live thing. Same with top fuel. I admit I am still more interested in the crowd than the race. Live those things are big parties.

Is thereā€™s more improvisation and creativity in the NBA. In MLB a lot of these commentators will say over and over again ā€œthe beautiful thing about baseball is you get to see something new every time you watch a gameā€. Totally bullshit. You see same shit over and over again. Baseball is has the most repetitiveness in it out of all the major sports.
Basketball has a score every 2 seconds. And the only skill you need is to be a tall freak of nature, and able to pick fruit and put it in a basket. What a dumbass sport. :biggrin:

Baseball is for people who have problems falling asleep.

Hate to say it but I think the 3 point shot ruined the game.
Center used to be key, work the ball in to the center where he takes a shot or passes off.
Now itā€™s dump it inside and pop back out for a three.
Itā€™s all three pointers or dunks
Defense is an after thought

Baseball is even worse

Its all about Home Runs or strikeouts. Hit and runs and stealing are gone. Bunting? forget it

Baseball is even worse
Well baseball was my life until rotator cuff problems its not for everyone. Provided me years of fun and an education. I do not watch a great deal on TV I go to the park and listen to it on the radio. The radio listening is not what it use to be. I miss Marty and Joe many good summers with them on the radio.

Baseball is even worse

Its all about Home Runs or strikeouts. Hit and runs and stealing are gone. Bunting? forget it

I donā€™t mind the three. You see more creative drive and kick passes than you used to and the ball movement around the perimeter is beautiful nowadays. I could do without the pull-up 35 footers though, because most of them are bad misses, however itā€™s exciting when they go in.

Baseball got weird to me when they started shifting infielders. Also itā€™s really frustrating that pitchers pitch very few innings compared to pitchers of the past.

Baseball is even worse

I donā€™t mind the three. You see more creative drive and kick passes than you used to and the ball movement around the perimeter is beautiful nowadays. I could do without the pull-up 35 footers though, because most of them are bad misses, however itā€™s exciting when they go in.

Baseball got weird to me when they started shifting infielders. Also itā€™s really frustrating that pitchers pitch very few innings compared to pitchers of the past.
Absolutely drove me nuts people would not bunt or slap hit into the gap on those shifts. The four letter words flew when I would watch the hitter hit right into the shift.

Baseball is even worse

Absolutely drove me nuts people would not bunt or slap hit into the gap on those shifts. The four letter words flew when I would watch the hitter hit right into the shift.

I took a long break from watching baseball and started watching again and all of a sudden baseball wasnā€™t baseball.

Baseball is even worse

I took a long break from watching baseball and started watching again and all of a sudden baseball wasnā€™t baseball.
Easy to do in life. I had kids,wife and business to run lost track of all things fun for about ten years even music. Now I am even single. Everything changed on me. None of the same names or same games. I am not sure the regular person finds dates in person. They have dating apps. I can not even imagine finding a date that way. Seems you would have alot of realy bad first dates that way. Online person rarely same in person. I guess I was fortunate, had a girl come in the bait shop in April after a fishing license asked me if I had a boat and when I said yes, she asked me if I would take her fishing. I did, she got her six and sat on my lap. Been seeing her ever since. Avoided the whole thing for now. Of course she dropped the L word a couple of times yesterday. She is too young for long term. So something has to give in the near future.

That's weird, I score it the exact opposite.

Basketball is boring. Run the ball down to the other end, defend. Over and over and over and over and over. It's baseball that allows a gazillion different ways to score and a WAY bigger field to do it on.

That's not a sport though. It's a competition but not a sport. The same way a poker game is.

Baseball is even worse

To me, it is the fans who have gotten worse
Very simplistic appreciation of the sport

NFL used to balance Offense and Defense. Offense used to balance Run and Pass.
Now it is Pass, Pass, Pass and Sacks

Baseball is Home Runs and Strikeouts
Basketball is Threes and Dunks

Fans are all centered on Fantasy stats with no appreciation for defense, strategy or nuances

Last edited:
Baseball is even worse

Yep, that's the business end ruining the sporting end. Media marketing slavishly ass-umes that the measure of a hittter is the long ball and that of a pitcher is the K, simply because they believe that's what "sells" and therefore spectators are required to believe it too. MLB video will show you any homer instantly but that triple, you're lucky if you get to see it at all, let alone right away.

Guys lose their jobs because they pitch ground balls or they hit .340 with five HRs. That's just mindless.

Baseball is even worse

To me, it is the fans who have gotten worse

Very simplistic appreciation of the sport

NFL used to balance Offense and Defense. Offense used to balance Run and Pass.
Now it is Pass, Pass, Pass and Sacks

Baseball is Home Runs and Strikeouts

Basketball is Threes and Dunks

Fans are all centered on Fantasy stats with no appreciation for defense, strategy or nuances

:clap2:

Forum List

Back