The reason why I like the NBA much more than the MLB

I like the NBA better because baseball takes about seven hours to play a game with about two minutes of action.

One could easily say the same about the NFL. However I think the action you see in a nfl game is ten times more exciting than the action in MLB.
Touchbacks and extra points are boring. Having a meeting after every play that only took 7 seconds is boring as well. The one thing the NFL does have going for it is the shape of the football. It insures that a lot of games will be decided by luck. Basketball and baseball require more skills than football. The players have to play defense and offense.

Baseball is even worse

Its all about Home Runs or strikeouts. Hit and runs and stealing are gone. Bunting? forget it

I don’t mind the three. You see more creative drive and kick passes than you used to and the ball movement around the perimeter is beautiful nowadays. I could do without the pull-up 35 footers though, because most of them are bad misses, however it’s exciting when they go in.

Baseball got weird to me when they started shifting infielders. Also it’s really frustrating that pitchers pitch very few innings compared to pitchers of the past.
Absolutely drove me nuts people would not bunt or slap hit into the gap on those shifts. The four letter words flew when I would watch the hitter hit right into the shift.
Just choke up on the bat and slap it into the gap.
Players try to beat the shift with a Home Run

Baseball is even worse

Its all about Home Runs or strikeouts. Hit and runs and stealing are gone. Bunting? forget it

I don’t mind the three. You see more creative drive and kick passes than you used to and the ball movement around the perimeter is beautiful nowadays. I could do without the pull-up 35 footers though, because most of them are bad misses, however it’s exciting when they go in.

Baseball got weird to me when they started shifting infielders. Also it’s really frustrating that pitchers pitch very few innings compared to pitchers of the past.
Absolutely drove me nuts people would not bunt or slap hit into the gap on those shifts. The four letter words flew when I would watch the hitter hit right into the shift.
Just choke up on the bat and slap it into the gap.
Players try to beat the shift with a Home Run
I know and it drives me nuts. For most pitchers batting average of opposing hitters climb with people on base. Hit that gap get on base and hopefully start a big inning. IDK when the strategy changed but sitting back and waiting on the hr is not the way to go.

Is there’s more improvisation and creativity in the NBA. In MLB a lot of these commentators will say over and over again “the beautiful thing about baseball is you get to see something new every time you watch a game”. Totally bullshit. You see same shit over and over again. Baseball is has the most repetitiveness in it out of all the major sports.

That's weird, I score it the exact opposite.

Basketball is boring. Run the ball down to the other end, defend. Over and over and over and over and over. It's baseball that allows a gazillion different ways to score and a WAY bigger field to do it on.

Rare plays in baseball are very rare. In basketball unique plays involving creativity every game. There’s no creativity in baseball

Hate to say it but I think the 3 point shot ruined the game.
Center used to be key, work the ball in to the center where he takes a shot or passes off.
Now it’s dump it inside and pop back out for a three.
It’s all three pointers or dunks
Defense is an after thought
I believe the players have outplayed the size of the basketball court. The court needs to be enlarged.

I like the NBA better because baseball takes about seven hours to play a game with about two minutes of action.

One could easily say the same about the NFL. However I think the action you see in a nfl game is ten times more exciting than the action in MLB.
Touchbacks and extra points are boring. Having a meeting after every play that only took 7 seconds is boring as well. The one thing the NFL does have going for it is the shape of the football. It insures that a lot of games will be decided by luck. Basketball and baseball require more skills than football. The players have to play defense and offense.

I agree with take. There’s skill involved in football like route running and throwing, but the sport mostly revolves around athleticism, while baseball and basketball are sports skill comes more into play.

I also agree that luck is a bigger factor in football than the other sports.

Hate to say it but I think the 3 point shot ruined the game.
Center used to be key, work the ball in to the center where he takes a shot or passes off.
Now it’s dump it inside and pop back out for a three.
It’s all three pointers or dunks
Defense is an after thought
I believe the players have outplayed the size of the basketball court. The court needs to be enlarged.
That I agree

The players are too big and too talented
The court seems small

Is there’s more improvisation and creativity in the NBA. In MLB a lot of these commentators will say over and over again “the beautiful thing about baseball is you get to see something new every time you watch a game”. Totally bullshit. You see same shit over and over again. Baseball is has the most repetitiveness in it out of all the major sports.

Basketball is boring. Run the ball down to the other end, defend. Over and over and over and over and over. It's baseball that allows a gazillion different ways to score and a WAY bigger field to do it on.

Rare plays in baseball are very rare. In basketball unique plays involving creativity every game. There’s no creativity in baseball

Sounds like you just ain't watchin'.
Every pitch is different (well theoretically --- when every pitch isn't different you get hit around and removed);
Every play with runners on base requires decisions, some risky, some which work out, some which don't;
Every time there's activity on the basepaths there's multiple possibilities.
Not to mention the temporary individual focus that brings about failure and redemption -- the drama.

Basketball you're either taking a shot at the basket or passing to somebody else. Or defending against your opponent doing that. There's only really one way to do that.

And then there's this:
Your basketball game is done when the clock runs out. So is your football game, your hockey game, your soccer game etc ad infinitum. Baseball can bring you to the last thread of a glimmer of a hint of hope and then turn the whole thing around. It's summed up in the profound wisdom of one of my favorite philosophers, Joaquin Andujar, who put it this way:

Baseball can be summed up in one word, and that one word is: "You never know"

NBA is the best League because it has the most black players. MLB is almost as racist as the NHL. Even worse is nascar. Bubba is the only black guy and he’s only half black.

Observations from watching sports the last 50 years

NFL kickers are MUCH better. A 50 yard FG used to be rare with a few a year. Now, 50 yarders are routine with several a game. 60 yarders are now considered makeable

Baseball Pitchers are MUCH better. A pitcher throwing 100mph used to be rare. Now, every team has them and pitchers are no longer Fastball/Curveball but have four or five pitches they can throw for strikes. But Complete Games are rare.

A three point shot in Basketball used to be at the fringe of their range. Now, with many players it’s almost like a free throw

Every pitch is different (well theoretically --- when every pitch isn't different you get hit around and removed);
Every play with runners on base requires decisions, some risky, some which work out, some which don't;
Not to mention the temporary individual focus that brings about failure and redemption -- the drama.

Basketball you're either taking a shot at the basket or passing to somebody else. Or defending against your opponent doing that. There's only really one way to do that.

And then there's this:
Your basketball game is done when the clock runs out. So is your football game, your hockey game, your soccer game etc ad infinitum. Baseball can bring you to the last thread of a glimmer of a hint of hope and then turn the whole thing around. It's summed up in the profound wisdom of one of my favorite philosophers, Joaquin Andujar, who put it this way:

Yeah maybe I don’t appreciate or understand fully the nuances of baseball, but you know nothing about basketball from your description of it. There ‘s creativity involved in the ball handing we see, footwork, passing, shot creation, etc.Not to mention basketball players are most unique physical specimen in sports and fr more athletic than baseball players. Also I like the aspect of having a game clock in my sport. If they wanted to the could have eliminated the game clock in the NBA and made the rules first to 100 and win by at least four, but they didn’t because the game clock is more exciting. Baseball fan say dumb shit like because there’s no game clock it’s a pure game. What in the world does that even mean?!

NBA is the best League because it has the most black players. MLB is almost as racist as the NHL. Even worse is nascar. Bubba is the only black guy and he’s only half black.
Baseball ain't racist. If you are good enough a contract will come. Blacks do not tend to play the game at a young age so they do not develop those skills. They play they perform they get a contract like any one else.

And then there's this:

Yeah maybe I don’t appreciate or understand fully the nuances of baseball, but you know nothing about basketball from your description of it. There ‘s creativity involved in the ball handing we see, footwork, passing, shot creation, etc.Not to mention basketball players are most unique physical specimen in sports and fr more athletic than baseball players. Also I like the aspect of having a game clock in my sport. If they wanted to the could have eliminated the game clock in the NBA and made the rules first to 100 and win by at least four, but they didn’t because the game clock is more exciting. Baseball fan say dumb shit like because there’s no game clock it’s a pure game. What in the world does that even mean?!

It means ---- once AGAIN ---- that anything can happen, and you can never ass-ume.

Your basketball game where one team leads 103 to 77 isn't gonna give you that.
Why?
Because you're tied to a clock, that's why.

Baseball ain't racist. If you are good enough a contract will come. Blacks do not tend to play the game at a young age so they do not develop those skills. They play they perform they get a contract like any one else.

:trolls:

Observations from watching sports the last 50 years

NFL kickers are MUCH better. A 50 yard FG used to be rare with a few a year. Now, 50 yarders are routine with several a game. 60 yarders are now considered makeable

Baseball Pitchers are MUCH better. A pitcher throwing 100mph used to be rare. Now, every team has them and pitchers are no longer Fastball/Curveball but have four or five pitches they can throw for strikes. But Complete Games are rare.

A three point shot in Basketball used to be at the fringe of their range. Now, with many players it’s almost like a free throw

Pitches are faster but I'm not sure about "better" when it's pure speed. That blows arms out.

Used to be not at all unusual for a starting pitcher to still be in the game in the 11th inning. That's a more interesting storyline than "here comes the ninth pitcher, he's in to face Trout".

:trolls:
Point taken!

Forum List

Back