🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The repeal joke...really GOP?

Obama started this mess by claiming our health care system was broken.

I never could figure out what was broken? Anyone could buy health insurance. And those people without money or insurance could go to any hospital's ER and by law must receive medical care. So in essence we already had universal health care. .... :cool:

I figured out what was broken: Not being able to sell insurance across state lines.

Here's why: Each state has one person or a small committee in charge of insurance rates (comptrollers)

Health insurance lobbyists (who spend the most of any lobbyists) have been bribing these comptrollers to allow companies to increase their premiums year after year after year for going on around 20 years now.

The price just keeps going up and up and up.

The solution: Allow insurance to be sold across state lines and let the free market determine cost of medical care.

There will have to be a transitional phase between teh Obamacare and doing that so as not to leave a ton of people in the lurch.
Yet another "States RIGHTS OMG OMG State's RIGHTS" asshole making States follow federal guideline for health insurance & not be able top regulate the insurance business in their own state.

Funny how you people cry & whine about state's rights & then piss on those rights if you think you can save some money.

BTW, your premiums likely go up every year because, believe it or not, you're a year older & have more risk.

I knew you were an idiot, I just didn't know how much.....Do you think those without insurance got a free ride? It was people like you and I fool that paid for that ER visit...moron
Those same people get a free ride with or without Obozocare, and we tax payers get the bill either way. ..... :cool:
They get a "free ride" under the Ryan/Trump plan too.
The exchanges still would exist. They would still be subsidized. You still can't buy across state lines. Instead of those being under the Medicaid expansion, you will now subsidize their insurance policies to the max.

Wow, That Ryan plan is really great.

Can't wait for the CBO scoring.

Your budget director just said he expects a big savings because they eliminated the mandate/fines & cut some of the taxes. The moron doesn't even know that cutting revenues is not saving money.

Trump is a moron. Ryan is dumber.

I never could figure out what was broken? Anyone could buy health insurance. And those people without money or insurance could go to any hospital's ER and by law must receive medical care. So in essence we already had universal health care. .... :cool:

I figured out what was broken: Not being able to sell insurance across state lines.

Here's why: Each state has one person or a small committee in charge of insurance rates (comptrollers)

Health insurance lobbyists (who spend the most of any lobbyists) have been bribing these comptrollers to allow companies to increase their premiums year after year after year for going on around 20 years now.

The solution: Allow insurance to be sold across state lines and let the free market determine cost of medical care.

There will have to be a transitional phase between teh Obamacare and doing that so as not to leave a ton of people in the lurch.

I couldn't agree more.

Competition drives prices down. Let the insurance companies compete, prices will go down.

I'm a cheap bitch and I will spend the least amount of money I can for the best services I can get.

You might be ab;e to buy a cheaper policy because of State coverage mandates. You will get less but it would not be cheaper.

I couldn't agree more.

Competition drives prices down. Let the insurance companies compete, prices will go down.

I'm a cheap bitch and I will spend the least amount of money I can for the best services I can get.

You might be ab;e to buy a cheaper policy because of State coverage mandates. You will get less but it would not be cheaper.

Oh and you know how much it will cost??

Must be nice to have a crystal ball.

Competition brings prices down. Period.

I couldn't agree more.

Yet you claim you will save money. So your crystal ball works & mine doesn't. I get it.

"
Why do careful students of health care view cross-state sales of insurance skeptically?

One reason is that it is already allowed –- and yet basically doesn’t happen. States possess the authority to sanction sales across their borders, and to define the conditions for such sales. In addition to this generic state authority, Section 1333 of Obamacare authorizes “health care choice compacts” across states. As of last month, five states had passed legislation allowing insurance plans that cross state lines: Rhode Island, Wyoming, Georgia, Kentucky and Maine. Georgia's law has been in effect since 2011, yet no insurer has yet offered an out-of-state policy there -- or in any of the other four states. If this is the key to bringing costs down, why doesn't anyone want to do it?"

Selling Health Insurance Across State Lines Won't Save Money

You are being duped once again by Republicans & your orange buddy.

I couldn't agree more.

Yet you claim you will save money. So your crystal ball works & mine doesn't. I get it.

"
Why do careful students of health care view cross-state sales of insurance skeptically?

One reason is that it is already allowed –- and yet basically doesn’t happen. States possess the authority to sanction sales across their borders, and to define the conditions for such sales. In addition to this generic state authority, Section 1333 of Obamacare authorizes “health care choice compacts” across states. As of last month, five states had passed legislation allowing insurance plans that cross state lines: Rhode Island, Wyoming, Georgia, Kentucky and Maine. Georgia's law has been in effect since 2011, yet no insurer has yet offered an out-of-state policy there -- or in any of the other four states. If this is the key to bringing costs down, why doesn't anyone want to do it?"

One doesn't have to a major economist to realize that cutting out the government and insurance company middlemen from in between doctors and patients will reduce the costs. Both the government and insurance companies want their cut.

I couldn't agree more.

"

One doesn't have to a major economist to realize that cutting out the government and insurance company middlemen from in between doctors and patients will reduce the costs. Both the government and insurance companies want their cut.
I am all for single payer. Thank you for supporting that.

Certainly the new Ryan plan puts insurance companies between you & your doctor.

I couldn't agree more.

"

Nah. Its common sense which you have none of.

I couldn't agree more.

"

Nah. Its common sense which you have none of.
I posted an article that explains it. Too bad you can't freakin read.

I think the problem is, establishment Republicans don't want to get rid of Obamacare. They want to do a few cute little tweaks to mostly satisfy lobbyists and slap their name on it and call it a day. This bill does nothing to address the underlying problem with Obamacare and ANY serious health care reform and that it the cost of care.

I don't understand why something has to replace Obamacare. Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare and send it to Trump's desk? First, we were told it was because Republicans didn't control anything but the House, so we gave them the Senate, then it was-- we don't control the White House.... Okay, now what is the excuse?
Elections 2018, 2020.

Before the ACA, things were only fine if you had the type of job that I do. If you worked for a company that provided insurance you were fine. If you made an upper middle class income, you were could afford health care, provided you did not have a pre-existing condition. But if you had a middle-middle class wage or lower, and you company provided no insurance, then you had to choose between food and lodging, or health care insurance.

I think the problem is, establishment Republicans don't want to get rid of Obamacare. They want to do a few cute little tweaks to mostly satisfy lobbyists and slap their name on it and call it a day. This bill does nothing to address the underlying problem with Obamacare and ANY serious health care reform and that it the cost of care.

I don't understand why something has to replace Obamacare. Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare and send it to Trump's desk? First, we were told it was because Republicans didn't control anything but the House, so we gave them the Senate, then it was-- we don't control the White House.... Okay, now what is the excuse?
Elections 2018, 2020.

Most of them were elected and sent to Washington to REPEAL this shit!

If they don't... AND... IF they continue trying to shove this Obamacare-Lite load of crap down our throats, they aren't going to have to worry about elections anymore. There is about to be some people sent home crying.

I couldn't agree more.

"

Cosmetic surgery is the closest thing we have to a true free-market system in American. No insurance coverage, and the consumer shops around among practitioners: the price has been falling over time in real terms — despite a huge increase in volume and considerable technical innovation (which is blamed for increasing costs for every other type of surgery).

Why Can’t The Market for Medical Care Work Like Cosmetic Surgery? | Health Policy Blog | NCPA.org

Forum List

Back