The risk of income inequality

It would not, if the effort expanded on violence were channeled into improving oneself and/or finding a better job.

Violence is the last resort of the malcontent and incompetent.

It's amazing you think the income inequality is a result of people not working hard enough. It's like ya'll don't fucking pay attention AT ALL.

Well then enlighten us. I have stated (without reservation) my circumstances, repeatedly. I have a great life that I worked my ass off for. YOU tell me that it isn't possible because the "man" keeps you down.

Now, I KNOW I've told the truth, so apparently you are (a) Lying (b) uninformed or (c) too stupid to understand. I vote for all of the above. Again. GET OFF YOUR ASS AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. STOP BLAMING LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARE A FAILURE.

It's not about YOU or ME you fucking imbecile.

US_productivity_and_real_wages.jpg

If you idiots spent half as much time actually working to improve your situation as you do crying and whining you'd all be fucking millionaires by now.

Yes everyone can just run out and work at those jobs that are now in China...

There are plenty of jobs here to do.

You just don't want to do them.

You must ignore reality. Have you seen the unemployment numbers? Btw I am employed so not sure why you say me. Are you Christian?

It's amazing you think the income inequality is a result of people not working hard enough. It's like ya'll don't fucking pay attention AT ALL.

Well then enlighten us. I have stated (without reservation) my circumstances, repeatedly. I have a great life that I worked my ass off for. YOU tell me that it isn't possible because the "man" keeps you down.

Now, I KNOW I've told the truth, so apparently you are (a) Lying (b) uninformed or (c) too stupid to understand. I vote for all of the above. Again. GET OFF YOUR ASS AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. STOP BLAMING LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARE A FAILURE.

Well then you fucking dyke - WHAT THE HELL IS IT ABOUT!?!?!?! You'd best stick to munching carpet and leave the "important things" to people who know what the hell they are talking about. Every YOU and ME out there is involved in laming up your bullshit charts that you grab off the huffington post you stupid twit.

Yes everyone can just run out and work at those jobs that are now in China...

You must ignore reality. Have you seen the unemployment numbers?

There are endless ways to make money in this country. That you think the only way is to work for someone else is what limits you.

Btw I am employed so not sure why you say me. Are you Christian?

What's that got to do with anything? but No I am not affiliated with any religion.

Even though I don't believe there is one saying I remember

god helps those who help themselves.

So if people don't want to help themselves by sacrificing and doing whatever it takes then I don't have much sympathy for them

There are endless ways to make money in this country. That you think the only way is to work for someone else is what limits you.

What's that got to do with anything? but No I am not affiliated with any religion.

So if people don't want to help themselves by sacrificing and doing whatever it takes then I don't have much sympathy for them

I'm doing quite well actually so I'm not limited at all thank you.

A slow economy makes it difficult for anyone to make money.

Excuses excuses.

I am truly impressed about the increase in productivity.

I am equally impressed, but not surprised that the wages have not kept pace.

After all, more production, i.e. higher productivity does not mean harder work.

It means that somebody invested millions in technology and robotics.

And who paid for that investment? Unions? NO! Workers? NO! Complainers? NO!

In a normal world the rewards go to those who take the risk and put their money where their mouth is.

The risk to society of wealth inequity that gets too large is rather simple to explain.

What you get when that happens is THIS ECONOMY

The risk to society of wealth inequity that gets too large is rather simple to explain.

What you get when that happens is THIS ECONOMY

I think it has been pretty stagnant since Clinton. That's a long time.

Excuses excuses.

It's not an excuse. Anyone intelligent would rather be in a strong economy rather than this stagnant one.

Plus I prefer smaller government.

This is just another excuse. You can improve your income in a matter of months, if you really want to, and there is nothing this graph can do to stop you.

You can mow lawns and make $36K a year.
You can drive a truck, free schooling, and make $45K a year starting.
You can work at Walmart, enter their management training program, and end up $70K a year.

I could list off the first hand stories of people who have done all of this.

There's a popular restaurant down the road from me, started by a guy who made his living as a cook for a tiny hole in the wall shop. Mexican immigrant, no education, barely speaks English. Now he owns his own store.

I worked at an auto parts store, where the assistant manager worked his way up from being a minimum wage employee. Now he's the store manager at a new store.

I know a guy from Romania, who started out flipping burgers at Wendy's where I worked in high school. Now he's store manager of the largest Hertz rent-a-car in Columbus. He didn't even own a car when he worked at Wendy's. Now he's pulling $70K plus store profit bonus.

All of these people, and dozens of others I could list, are now making good money. The difference between those people, and people like you, are that they didn't b!tching about a graph. They are standing up, moving, and making life happen for them.

The people like me, on the right, are not suggesting merely "you should work harder".

It's not 'working harder' that solves everything. It's working smarter. That Mexican dude's solution, wasn't to "work harder" at being a low wage cook at a tiny hole in the wall diner. The solution was to save up cash, not blow it on beer and parties, and then open a his own store.

That guy at the auto part stores solution, wasn't to b!tch about a "living wage" and complain about the little man can't get ahead. The solution was to take the companies free management classes, and work for promotions, until they gave him his own store.

That Romanian guy's solution was not to stomp around outside the Wendy's with a sign saying "We want $15/hr!". His solution was to find a job that paid more, and work that.

If you waste your life b!tching and complaining about how things should be, you'll just waste your life. Get off your butt.... and go make life happen.

Last edited:

Excuses excuses.

It's not an excuse. Anyone intelligent would rather be in a strong economy rather than this stagnant one.

Isn't it funny how the most brain dead level logic, that Forest Gump could figure out, to a liberal is 'excuses', and you have to explain it to him?

Excuses excuses.

Isn't it funny how the most brain dead level logic, that Forest Gump could figure out, to a liberal is 'excuses', and you have to explain it to him?

I'm a liberal?

Really?

Brain dead says he's for small government like the way reagan was for small government.

IOW he's for more government.

I'm a liberal?

Really?

Brain dead says he's for small government like the way reagan was for small government.

No I'm for small government and low taxes.

Your clearly for big government and high taxes.

Last edited:

This is just another excuse. You can improve your income in a matter of months, if you really want to, and there is nothing this graph can do to stop you.

You can work at Walmart, enter their management training program, and end up $70K a year.

There's a popular restaurant down the road from me, started by a guy who made his living as a cook for a tiny hole in the wall shop. Mexican immigrant, no education, barely speaks English. Now he owns his own store.

I worked at an auto parts store, where the assistant manager worked his way up from being a minimum wage employee. Now he's the store manager at a new store.

I know a guy from Romania, who started out flipping burgers at Wendy's where I worked in high school. Now he's store manager of the largest Hertz rent-a-car in Columbus. He didn't even own a car when he worked at Wendy's. Now he's pulling $70K plus store profit bonus.

All of these people, and dozens of others I could list, are now making good money. The difference between those people, and people like you, are that they didn't b!tching about a graph. They are standing up, moving, and making life happen for them.

The people like me, on the right, are not suggesting merely "you should work harder".

It's not 'working harder' that solves everything. It's working smarter. That Mexican dude's solution, wasn't to "work harder" at being a low wage cook at a tiny hole in the wall diner. The solution was to save up cash, not blow it on beer and parties, and then open a his own store.

That guy at the auto part stores solution, wasn't to b!tch about a "living wage" and complain about the little man can't get ahead. The solution was to take the companies free management classes, and work for promotions, until they gave him his own store.

That Romanian guy's solution was not to stomp around outside the Wendy's with a sign saying "We want $15/hr!". His solution was to find a job that paid more, and work that.

If you waste your life b!tching and complaining about how things should be, you'll just waste your life. Get off your butt.... and go make life happen.

Your "I know a guy" analogies do not work

Nobody is questioning whether it is still possible to find good paying jobs in this country. The issue is there are not enough good paying jobs out there for the 30 million who have to rely on additional government support to get by

There are not 30 million lawn mowing jobs out there. There are not 30 million "second jobs" out there

The problem with income inequality is that there are fewer career paths open to jobs that you can sustain yourself on

Last edited:

I'm a liberal?

Really?

No I'm for small government an low taxes.

I'm for the right sized government and the right amount of taxes

Your "I know a guy" analogies do not work

Nobody is questioning whether it is still possible to find good paying jobs in this country. The issue is there are not enough good paying jobs out there for the 30 million who have to rely on additional governmetn support to get buy

There are not 30 million lawn mowing jobs out there. There are not 30 million "second jobs" out there

The problem with income inequality is that there are fewer career paths open to jobs that you can sustain yourself on

and why is that? The country has been moving left for the last 50 or 60 years, and the gap between rich and poor has gotten larger, jobs have left the country, half of the population is on the govt dole, government employs more people than ever, the national debt is over 17 trillion dollars.

Why have those things happened as the country has moved toward liberalsim?

Could it be the liberalism is a failure?, could it be that freedom works and orwellian government doesn't?

Here's a hint, the evil rich that you love to hate are mostly liberals and they are laughing at your sorry ass as they get richer.

Last edited:
I'm a liberal?

Really?

the top 5% are paying 40% of the income taxes, the bottom 50% are paying nothing. Is that "fair" ?

I'm a liberal?

Really?

That's a good way to put it.

So many in the right seem to have no clue how the actions of the rich are increasing government. Send jobs to China, more people on welfare. Cut health benefits, obamacare. Eliminate pensions, people rely on social security. And on and on. Now government has made some bad moves to so it's not just the rich, but the rich have really benefitted by sticking the bill on the government.

Forum List

Back