The risk of income inequality

It's not an excuse. Anyone intelligent would rather be in a strong economy rather than this stagnant one.

Plus I prefer smaller government.

Isn't it funny how the most brain dead level logic, that Forest Gump could figure out, to a liberal is 'excuses', and you have to explain it to him?

I'm a liberal?

Really?

Brain dead says he's for small government like the way reagan was for small government.

IOW he's for more government.

What is it you suggest we do?

Well then enlighten us. I have stated (without reservation) my circumstances, repeatedly. I have a great life that I worked my ass off for. YOU tell me that it isn't possible because the "man" keeps you down.

Now, I KNOW I've told the truth, so apparently you are (a) Lying (b) uninformed or (c) too stupid to understand. I vote for all of the above. Again. GET OFF YOUR ASS AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. STOP BLAMING LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARE A FAILURE.

It's not about YOU or ME you fucking imbecile.

US_productivity_and_real_wages.jpg

I am truly impressed about the increase in productivity.

I am equally impressed, but not surprised that the wages have not kept pace.

After all, more production, i.e. higher productivity does not mean harder work.

It means that somebody invested millions in technology and robotics.

And who paid for that investment? Unions? NO! Workers? NO! Complainers? NO!

In a normal world the rewards go to those who take the risk and put their money where their mouth is.

Notice that the two lines began to diverge about the time Johnson's "Great Society" programs kicked in. You don't suppose that could be a pure coincidence, do you?

Isn't it funny how the most brain dead level logic, that Forest Gump could figure out, to a liberal is 'excuses', and you have to explain it to him?

I'm a liberal?

Really?

Brain dead says he's for small government like the way reagan was for small government.

What is it you suggest we do?

Why do we have to do anything?

If people don't want to get off their asses and do something that's their problem not mine.

I'm a liberal?

Really?

No I'm for small government and low taxes.

Your clearly for big government and high taxes.

Yeah small government that slaps arbitrary taxes on business who don't pay an undefined "decent" wage.

That's more government not less.

No I'm for small government an low taxes.

I'm for the right sized government and the right amount of taxes

That's a good way to put it.

So many in the right seem to have no clue how the actions of the rich are increasing government. Send jobs to China, more people on welfare. Cut health benefits, obamacare. Eliminate pensions, people rely on social security. And on and on. Now government has made some bad moves to so it's not just the rich, but the rich have really benefitted by sticking the bill on the government.

That' just more ambiguous lip flapping like fair share or decent wage

Bullshit.

No one's destroyed any nest egg. People don't bother to even save anymore and it's not because someone else is stealing from them it's because they choose not to.

In many cases, it's because there is nothing left over to save. Hard to save what you don't have. We have more working people getting help from our government than at any other time in history. This is nothing short of corporate welfare.

More bullshit.

If you don't have enough to save then you have 2 options. Earn more or spend less.

And we have more people on the government teat because we have changed the rules so it's easier than ever to get assistance.

How do you earn more when there are no jobs out there? There are people already working two and three jobs and not making ends meat. Others who are not working, many of them who worked for 20 or 30 years before being laid off of their job and believe me, at 55, you can't get another job if you have been in the restaurant industry all that time. I have a friend who was in that boat. She finally got a job as a maid and then was fired because she couldn't do 16 rooms in an hour. My sister, 40 years ago was a maid and she only had to do 8 rooms in an hour. They want a lot for their money these days. A 55 year old cannot keep up with an 18 year old no matter how much she tries. Society is just throwing people away. Too young to retire, too old to get work and you're all "They just need to get another job!" You have no idea what's going on out there in the REAL world.

It's not about YOU or ME you fucking imbecile.

US_productivity_and_real_wages.jpg

I am truly impressed about the increase in productivity.

I am equally impressed, but not surprised that the wages have not kept pace.

After all, more production, i.e. higher productivity does not mean harder work.

It means that somebody invested millions in technology and robotics.

And who paid for that investment? Unions? NO! Workers? NO! Complainers? NO!

In a normal world the rewards go to those who take the risk and put their money where their mouth is.

Notice that the two lines began to diverge about the time Johnson's "Great Society" programs kicked in. You don't suppose that could be a pure coincidence, do you?

I'm pretty sure it does. Corporations and businesses decided they didn't have to pay their employees as much because, hey, they can get help from the government. Hence Walmart's being famous for hiring their employees AND telling them how to get welfare at the same time. Why should they pay their employees enough when they can get the tax payers to do the job for them?

Personally, I think the minimum wage should be a living wage and everything go up from there.

The big myth about income inequality that just won't die - The Week

Modern life is fraught with very expensive risks lurking around every corner. A sudden illness or accident could render you disabled and unable to work. A recession or economic restructuring could render you unemployed and render the skills you've spent your life learning useless. Reaching old age with inadequate savings could mean living your golden years in poverty.

Many societies have created robust social insurance systems to protect their populations from these kinds of risks. The U.S. has done so as well, but to a much lesser extent. Because social insurance in the U.S. is so inadequate, it is incumbent upon people to self-insure against these risks. That means they need to have enough wealth to draw upon as a cushion if they end up facing hard times. But here's where the social contract fails: When the bottom half of the country owns basically none of the country's wealth, they can't self-insure themselves against these risks. Instead, they must lead a relatively perilous life in which one misstep or mistake could wreck them and their families.

Well, considering the odds are that the ones benefiting from the socialized medicine don't pay taxes. Nice freebie, bad business

-Geaux

In many cases, it's because there is nothing left over to save. Hard to save what you don't have. We have more working people getting help from our government than at any other time in history. This is nothing short of corporate welfare.

More bullshit.

If you don't have enough to save then you have 2 options. Earn more or spend less.

And we have more people on the government teat because we have changed the rules so it's easier than ever to get assistance.

How do you earn more when there are no jobs out there? There are people already working two and three jobs and not making ends meat. Others who are not working, many of them who worked for 20 or 30 years before being laid off of their job and believe me, at 55, you can't get another job if you have been in the restaurant industry all that time. I have a friend who was in that boat. She finally got a job as a maid and then was fired because she couldn't do 16 rooms in an hour. My sister, 40 years ago was a maid and she only had to do 8 rooms in an hour. They want a lot for their money these days. A 55 year old cannot keep up with an 18 year old no matter how much she tries. Society is just throwing people away. Too young to retire, too old to get work and you're all "They just need to get another job!" You have no idea what's going on out there in the REAL world.

There are countless ways to make money in this country. If you think working for someone else is the only way that's your problem

More bullshit.

There are countless ways to make money in this country. If you think working for someone else is the only way that's your problem

Healthcare costs are making that very difficult.

So many in the right seem to have no clue how the actions of the rich are increasing government. Send jobs to China, more people on welfare. Cut health benefits, obamacare. Eliminate pensions, people rely on social security. And on and on. Now government has made some bad moves to so it's not just the rich, but the rich have really benefitted by sticking the bill on the government.

It's what is happening. Why do you think government spending is so high?

It's what is happening. Why do you think government spending is so high?

Good point I never even thought of it that way.

But if Walmart and McDonalds have republicans defending their low wages then Walmart and McDonalds encourage their employees to get on welfare then we are adding more and more people to the awful welfare that republicans supposedly hate.

Not understanding they are promoting and encouraging the environment that will create bigger govt.

the top 5% are paying 40% of the income taxes, the bottom 50% are paying nothing. Is that "fair" ?

Do you know what an "income tax" is?

If the top 5% are collecting that much of our nations available income, you bet your ass that is fair

I'm a liberal?

Really?

Which, if I may say so again, is constitutional republicanism. It is the government that allowed for a happy and prosperous society in our past.

The class division we're experiencing now, particularly in the areas of race and wealth, is not the answer you're seeking, though you're still advocating for more of the government we're getting.

Do you have a split personality?

the top 5% are paying 40% of the income taxes, the bottom 50% are paying nothing. Is that "fair" ?

If the top 5% are collecting that much of our nations available income, you bet your ass that is fair

I asked if you think its fair that 50% pay no income tax, and in fact many have a negative income tax due to EIC.

What specific things would you do to take income from the top earners and GIVE it to the lower 50%?

raising taxes will do nothing but drive successful people out of this country, you fricken libtards are determined to punish the job creators, because of your insane jealousy of their success.

Why are the rich leaving California and New York? Any idea, Norton? Puniative taxation, thats why.

I asked if you think its fair that 50% pay no income tax, and in fact many have a negative income tax due to EIC.

What specific things would you do to take income from the top earners and GIVE it to the lower 50%?

raising taxes will do nothing but drive successful people out of this country, you fricken libtards are determined to punish the job creators, because of your insane jealousy of their success.

Why are the rich leaving California and New York? Any idea, Norton? Puniative taxation, thats why.

c98c7f1b-a8b5-49eb-a51c-74ab49c526f1.jpg

Forum List

Back