The risk of income inequality

So what do we do?

Conservatives run around screaming "Class envy" "they want to take from the rich and give to the poor".

We need to look at our existing and future policies and ask "Who benefits the most from this policy?". In the overwhelming majority of the cases, it will be the wealthy

Why do we continue policies to help the wealthy accumulate and protect wealth when they obviously don't need it?

Don't give cash to the poor and working class, but invest in programs that reduce their social risk. Low cost healthcare, low cost education programs, home ownership initiatives, low taxes. Shift the burden of caring for workers back to the employers. They should provide for their workers....not the taxpayer

What should we do? is that your question? Get the government out of our private lives, our jobs, our homes, our finances, our religion, our health, our education. Let the federal govt limit itself to its constitutional duties---defense of the nation, a court system, and interstate commerce.

Let everything else be set by the free market and the laws of supply and demand.

Let people succeed or fail by their own efforts.

Let voluntary charity and churches help those who cannot help themselves.

Return this country to real freedom.

No, what I assume will be the answer is that we must take control of more of the economy. We must force CEOs to work for some imagined number which would be decided upon by the government.

No, not less government more government which is in reality what has got us to this point in the first place. We just keep doing what hasn't worked in the past.

There was a time in this country where you graduated school, learned a trade and got a job with a major corporation and you were set for life
If you were lucky, you got a union job with good benefits. You could work 40 years with the same company and when you retired you had a good pension with health benefits.

Now workers are on edge. They don't know if they will have a job in six months. They accept jobs rather than careers. No benefits, no security, no future. Don't like it....there is the door. Collective bargaining is a thing of the past. You are on your own

One false step and you are destitute

That was back when CEOs made 20x the average worker. Now they make over 270x the average worker to do the same job. Now they ship jobs over seas and cut benefits, sticking the government with the bill.

it's that sucking vacuum sound. NAFTA is the reason for the job shipments out of the country. The government created that climate, not business. Thank Clinton and those who were a proponent of the so called "free trade" agreements.

What does nafta have to do with jobs going to China?

just think wytchey, if you were straight you might have married a rich guy and be living in luxury rather than in a lesbian hovel and worrrying where you next meal will come from :D

Fish, you've reached ludicrous speed. You are fixated and it's getting scary.

I happen to be the sole "breadwinner" of our family and I made over $75k last year. I don't need a man to "take care of me" you misogynist fuck.

Grow up, wytch. I was joking with you. Did you miss the big smile at the end of my post?

Your sensitivity to the truth makes me wonder about you.

Well, then I apologize profusely. You do have a pattern, Fishy, of bringing up my sexual orientation regardless of the thread.

Seriously Fish, if you're that curious, PM me and I might just answer your questions, otherwise do try and stay on topic.

There was a time in this country where you graduated school, learned a trade and got a job with a major corporation and you were set for life
If you were lucky, you got a union job with good benefits. You could work 40 years with the same company and when you retired you had a good pension with health benefits.

Now workers are on edge. They don't know if they will have a job in six months. They accept jobs rather than careers. No benefits, no security, no future. Don't like it....there is the door. Collective bargaining is a thing of the past. You are on your own

That was back when CEOs made 20x the average worker. Now they make over 270x the average worker to do the same job. Now they ship jobs over seas and cut benefits, sticking the government with the bill.

Since the Reagan Revolution, our society has valued the role of Capitalists over the role of labor

Remove government oversight, lower tax burdens while you ensure a low cost workforce is available and collective bargaining is eliminated.

Poppycock, watch the THC show "The Men that Built America." You will then understand capitalism run amuck.

Yeah the thing is, RW, the kind of people who think massive income inequity is okay, also look forward with glee to poor people dying of poverty.

Oh they won't admit it but their primary joy in life is feeling that feeling of Schadenfreude when other people have misfortune.

Theirs is a kind of mentally sick social sadism. (We read examples of how these pathetic creatures think on this board pretty much every day)

So if you hoping to change their minds based on logic, or their love of their society? Forget it.

Their kind of mental illness has no honor, no integrity, very little understanding of how societies actually work, either.

They are BULLIES. They are walking undifferentialted ANGER looking for scapegoats to pin their angst upon and the POOR are good targets because the poor cannot fight back.

Their sickness is more than simple selfishness.

It is coupled with FEAR FEAR and MORE FEAR.

I suspect I'm telling YOU nothing you don't already know.
You don't see the real world at all, do you?

So what do we do?

Conservatives run around screaming "Class envy" "they want to take from the rich and give to the poor".

We need to look at our existing and future policies and ask "Who benefits the most from this policy?". In the overwhelming majority of the cases, it will be the wealthy

Why do we continue policies to help the wealthy accumulate and protect wealth when they obviously don't need it?

Don't give cash to the poor and working class, but invest in programs that reduce their social risk. Low cost healthcare, low cost education programs, home ownership initiatives, low taxes. Shift the burden of caring for workers back to the employers. They should provide for their workers....not the taxpayer

What should we do? is that your question? Get the government out of our private lives, our jobs, our homes, our finances, our religion, our health, our education. Let the federal govt limit itself to its constitutional duties---defense of the nation, a court system, and interstate commerce.

Let everything else be set by the free market and the laws of supply and demand.

No, what I assume will be the answer is that we must take control of more of the economy. We must force CEOs to work for some imagined number which would be decided upon by the government.

No, not less government more government which is in reality what has got us to this point in the first place. We just keep doing what hasn't worked in the past.
That is strange. More government has never worked....

Having no government has never worked either

What we need is a tax system that gives business incentives to employ here, pay good wages, give good benefits, and give good retirement. Company does those things and they can pay zero taxes. If they do the opposite then they pay.

Since the Reagan Revolution, our society has valued the role of Capitalists over the role of labor

Remove government oversight, lower tax burdens while you ensure a low cost workforce is available and collective bargaining is eliminated.

The role of capitalism over labor?

:lmao:

it's that sucking vacuum sound. NAFTA is the reason for the job shipments out of the country. The government created that climate, not business. Thank Clinton and those who were a proponent of the so called "free trade" agreements.

It has everything to do with it. Educate yourself. Or not. Liberals aren't fond of learning, i realize.

we never intended social security to be your total retirement system. It was expected that workers would own homes and have a financial nest egg to ensure they could retire comfortably
then we allowed ourselves to destroy that nestegg. Leave a worker barely enough to live on and forget about saving for the future. Go into debt if you want your children to be educated. God forbid you get seriously ill and your life savings are gone. This is the society we have created and it is an embarrassment for a great nation

how exactly did "we" do that? There is lots of opportunity in america which will be only growing as the boomers retire. The way it might have happened is that government takes so much of a person's wealth. 20 percent to a one percenter is nothing, 20 percent to a low income person is a lot.

35%

It has everything to do with it. Educate yourself. Or not. Liberals aren't fond of learning, i realize.

Why bother responding if your not going to answer at all. You made the claim, back it up.

we never intended social security to be your total retirement system. It was expected that workers would own homes and have a financial nest egg to ensure they could retire comfortably
then we allowed ourselves to destroy that nestegg. Leave a worker barely enough to live on and forget about saving for the future. Go into debt if you want your children to be educated. God forbid you get seriously ill and your life savings are gone. This is the society we have created and it is an embarrassment for a great nation

how exactly did "we" do that? There is lots of opportunity in america which will be only growing as the boomers retire. The way it might have happened is that government takes so much of a person's wealth. 20 percent to a one percenter is nothing, 20 percent to a low income person is a lot.

35%

Plus another 8 to 13 percent to the state. Then there are local taxes and the county and city level.

What we need is a tax system that gives business incentives to employ here, pay good wages, give good benefits, and give good retirement. Company does those things and they can pay zero taxes. If they do the opposite then they pay.
I'm good with that

Let's incentivize the job creators. But prove you actually created jobs first. This throw money at them and pray that jobs will result is nonsense

I'm good with that

Let's incentivize the job creators. But prove you actually created jobs first. This throw money at them and pray that jobs will result is nonsense

obama threw almost a trillion in "stimulus' out there; other people's money of course

there are 1 million fewer Americans working now than when he took office

I'm good with that

obama threw almost a trillion in "stimulus' out there; other people's money of course

Half was in tax cuts

Stimulus worked. It was not big enough but it did what it was intended to do

I'm good with that

Half was in tax cuts

so if half was tax cuts and it worked; and it needed to be bigger; then we needed more tax cuts?

ok dimwit

Half was in tax cuts

so if half was tax cuts and it worked; and it needed to be bigger; then we needed more tax cuts?

ok dimwit

I'm game for more stimulus bed wetter, are you?

Forum List

Back