The Second Amendment Was A Failure From The Start, And Should Have Been Repealed 200 Years Ago

Demonstrate this to be true.
"The U.S. has the 32nd-highest rate of deaths from gun violence in the world: 3.96 deaths per 100,000 people in 2019. That was more than eight times as high as the rate in Canada, which had 0.47 deaths per 100,000 people — and nearly 100 times higher than in the United Kingdom, which had 0.04 deaths per 100,000."

Care to guess who has more lenient gun regulation?

So, you confess that a well-regulated militia is the reason for granting the right to bear arms?
The Constitution doesn't "grant" rights, it recognizes pre-existing rights and forbids the government from infringing upon them.
I am a well regulated militia of one, btw. Don't tread on me.

Not only will it be overturned but you will register your toys, prove your proficiency with same and report all private party sales (especially to the Cartel and other criminals). Otherwise, you are free to keep your toys (in a locked cabinet), defend your person/home, and go Duck Slaughtering with the ghost of Scalise... maybe Dick Cheney will tag along, have a few drinks, shoot someone in the face and leave the scene of the crime.
You're ridiculous.

Why would that make me feel better? Oh, I get it. You're making an assumption about my position on abortion. Is that similar to a strawman argument?
I just gave you a suggestion. Think of guns like aborrtions: if you don't want one, don't get one. Otherwise, MYOFB.

The language of the 2ndA does not guarantee an individual right to bear arms. The prefatory clause qualifies the right as a matter of the need for a "well regulated militia".

Yes, an activist court interpreted a stand-alone individual right by ignoring the prefatory clause which proves only that high school grammar is not taught in law school.

Unless you re-write the 2ndA which would require a 2/3 majority vote, the prefatory justification in the 2ndA can only be ignored by practicing deceit or ignorance.

Of course, the kind of errors in rational thought displayed in the Heller Case are eventually overcome, and hence, I suggest that the gun lobby prepare themselves for the application of regulations as prescribed by the 2ndA.
Correct.

Until 2008 the Second Amendment codified a collective right.

An activist Court also ignored the history of the Amendment and the Framers’ original intent:

‘Heller is not bad history because it rules that individuals had the right to bear arms outside of participation in the militia. It is bad history because it viewed the individual right to bear arms as why the amendment was written in the first place; it is bad history in its claim that the Second Amendment protected “only individuals’ liberty to keep and carry arms.” [emphasis added]. With this approach, Scalia shifted the decision from a questionable but defensible answer to the question the court had been asked, to a mischaracterization of the nature of the amendment itself. That mischaracterization, rather than the decision itself, is what makes Heller such bad history.’

It was, however, the original intent of the Framers that the Supreme Court determine what the Constitution means, including the Second Amendment – and hence we have an individual right.

Forum List

Back