🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The 'Smell' of Desparation: Fiorina Offers $2 Mil to Vets to Debate Trump

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
LINK: Big Government Articles - Breitbart

GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is now the second candidate challenging GOP frontrunner Donald Trump to a debate ahead of the Iowa caucus.
“My campaign will also donate $1.5 million to veterans’ cause to join debate Saturday in Sioux City, @tedcruz @realDonaldTrump,” Fiorina posted on Twitter, adding, “Upping the ante, I’m free tomorrow at 8pm, @realDonaldTrump. My campaign will give $2mm to veterans’ cause to debate at Drake U.”

----

So she will only agree to help / donate to Veterans if she gets something personally / politically out of it?

:wtf:

Trying to 'BUY' relevance in a political race when you're basically out of the picture is one thing, but USING vets as a 'bargaining chip' / 'tool' to do so is pretty low. As a vet I am rather insulted. If that is all vets are to Fiorina, my response to her is

:fu:

Last edited:
LINK: Ted Cruz Super PACs Offer $1.5 Million for Veterans if Donald Trump Will Debate Him One-on-One In Iowa - Breitbart

Cruz's Super Pac started 'it' by offering to donate $1.5 million to set up a 1-on-1 debate between Cruz and Trump. Fiorina upped the political 'bribe' to $2 Million.

Of course if Trump refuses the Vets won't get a dime from these millionaires and multi-million dollar political Super Pacs.

:rolleyes:
Trump should write WW checks for those amounts and challenge Cruz and Fiorina to match him

I would guess that most of the other GOP candidates would love to have a policy discussion that went somewhat deeper than "it's gonna be great, you're gonna love it!"

But such a discussion doesn't appear to be a terribly high priority for the party presently.

Prima Dona Trump hadn't donated a penny to Vets prior to this either and probably never would if it were not for this political stunt to help himself, so I wouldn't be trashing on the others, they are just following trump's lead to use donations to vets for political reasons

Sometimes people exaggerate the idea that our veterans our being used as political pawns but this is definitely not one of those cases.

Prima Dona Trump hadn't donated a penny to Vets prior to this either and probably never would if it were not for this political stunt to help himself, so I wouldn't be trashing on the others, they are just following trump's lead to use donations to vets for political reasons

You need to do some research on Trump's donations to veterans.

I'm certain that some of you Liberals will be forthcoming with links attesting to the many events and fundraisers Hillary and Bernie have hosted in support of veterans. We await with baited breath.

VETS GROUP: 'Keep your money and don't drag us into any 'political stunts'

If offered, @IAVA will decline donations from Trump's event. We need strong policies from candidates, not to be used for political stunts.
— Paul (PJ) Rieckhoff (@PaulRieckhoff) January 27, 2016

Now it's Cruz yanking vets into the nastiness of the presidential fights before Iowa. This is not what vets need. https://t.co/xY9zwQX11n
— Paul (PJ) Rieckhoff (@PaulRieckhoff) January 28, 2016"

----

HUAH!

The simple absurdity of this is that Trump could do this so-called fundraiser any other day of the week, month, or year,

AND attend the debate.

OR he could have just quietly given the vets a million dollars, which I think comes out to about 1/10th of 1 percent of his net worth,

and moved on.

Forbes reported in October: "The Donald J. Trump Foundation has donated $5.5 million to 298 charities between 2009 and 2013 (the most recent year available), according to the non-profit's 990 tax forms from those years. Of that, only $57,000 has been donated to seven organizations that directly benefit military veterans or their families, Forbes found. Wounded Warriors was not among the organizations Trump's foundation gave to in that time period."

Some veterans say that the billionaire has been AWOL when it comes to helping veterans. "Donald Trump is not a leader in veterans' philanthropy, unless he's donated a lot of money that nobody knows about," Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, told the New York Times in July. "We were founded in New York. We are headquartered in New York. I've been here 10 years, and I don't think I've ever even seen Donald Trump."

Rieckhoff, an Iraq war veteran, wrote on Twitter on Tuesday: "If offered, @IAVA will decline donations from Trump's event. We need strong policies from candidates, not to be used for political stunts."

In an email to THE WEEKLY STANDARD, Trump's spokeswoman Hope Hicks said that "Mr. Trump has made significant financial and in kind contributions to many Veterans organizations, personally and not through the Donald J. Trump foundation." Trump's spokeswoman did not reply to an email asking if she could share an estimate of Trump's personal donations to veterans organizations.

The Trump Foundation's $57,000 in donations to veterans groups from 2009 to 2013 amounted to far less than Trump's donations to the Clinton Foundation. "Trump is listed on the Clinton Foundation's donor page as having given somewhere between $100,001 and $250,000," the Daily Caller reported last year.

The Trump foundation's 2014 donations to politically connected organizations easily outmatched donations to veterans groups: That year, the foundation gave $26,500 to the Anti-Defamation League, $25,000 to the American Spectator Foundation, and $100,000 to the Citizens United Foundation.

The Donald J. Trump Foundation also gave about $57,000 to the Susan G. Komen foundation in 2012, the same year that the breast cancer charity courted controversy over its subtantial donations to Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the country. The foundation even provided a small donation the the ACLU, a left-wing civil liberties organization opposed to religious liberty.

The Smoking Gun has documented Trump's overall miserly giving for years. In 1999, the website called Trump "The .00013% Man," referring to the percentage of his wealth that the foundation had donated. As a percentage of Trump's overall net worth, the Donald J Trump Foundation's contributions haven't increased much in recent years.

For Years, Trump's Charity Gave Veterans Little More Than Peanuts

Forbes reported in October: "The Donald J. Trump Foundation has donated $5.5 million to 298 charities between 2009 and 2013 (the most recent year available), according to the non-profit's 990 tax forms from those years. Of that, only $57,000 has been donated to seven organizations that directly benefit military veterans or their families, Forbes found. Wounded Warriors was not among the organizations Trump's foundation gave to in that time period."

Some veterans say that the billionaire has been AWOL when it comes to helping veterans. "Donald Trump is not a leader in veterans' philanthropy, unless he's donated a lot of money that nobody knows about," Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, told the New York Times in July. "We were founded in New York. We are headquartered in New York. I've been here 10 years, and I don't think I've ever even seen Donald Trump."

Rieckhoff, an Iraq war veteran, wrote on Twitter on Tuesday: "If offered, @IAVA will decline donations from Trump's event. We need strong policies from candidates, not to be used for political stunts."

In an email to THE WEEKLY STANDARD, Trump's spokeswoman Hope Hicks said that "Mr. Trump has made significant financial and in kind contributions to many Veterans organizations, personally and not through the Donald J. Trump foundation." Trump's spokeswoman did not reply to an email asking if she could share an estimate of Trump's personal donations to veterans organizations.

The Trump Foundation's $57,000 in donations to veterans groups from 2009 to 2013 amounted to far less than Trump's donations to the Clinton Foundation. "Trump is listed on the Clinton Foundation's donor page as having given somewhere between $100,001 and $250,000," the Daily Caller reported last year.

The Trump foundation's 2014 donations to politically connected organizations easily outmatched donations to veterans groups: That year, the foundation gave $26,500 to the Anti-Defamation League, $25,000 to the American Spectator Foundation, and $100,000 to the Citizens United Foundation.

The Donald J. Trump Foundation also gave about $57,000 to the Susan G. Komen foundation in 2012, the same year that the breast cancer charity courted controversy over its subtantial donations to Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the country. The foundation even provided a small donation the the ACLU, a left-wing civil liberties organization opposed to religious liberty.

The Smoking Gun has documented Trump's overall miserly giving for years. In 1999, the website called Trump "The .00013% Man," referring to the percentage of his wealth that the foundation had donated. As a percentage of Trump's overall net worth, the Donald J Trump Foundation's contributions haven't increased much in recent years.

Donald Trump: Charity Work & Causes - Look to the Stars

Now post a link to show Bernie and Hillary's donations to veterans.

This kind of reminds me how Harry Reid abused his power when he illegally attacked and slandered a US Citizen - ADMITTEDLY LYING - about that individual's tax records and record of campaign contributions. (When asked how he could justify doing so after the election in which Romney, who was Reid's 'victim', lost, Reid replied only by saying, 'It worked, didn't it?" What a criminal POS!)

Romney's ACTUAL tax records showed that he not only paid his taxes, bot only did he pay his 'fair' legally-required share (unlike the likes of Sharpton and Rangel), but he also paid made donations to charity that totaled more than that given by Obama and Biden COMBINED.

Instead of judging someone, though, by how much they chose to give of their own money of their own free will, sometimes it is better to judge based on what is NOT paid/given and/or what is TAKEN instead. For example:
- (D) Charlie Rangel: On the committee that WRITES the Tax code, has been caught MULTIPLE times hiding money, NOT paying his taxes (criminal tax evasion / tax fraud) yet has never been charged with a crime, never been forced to pay a penalty, and never been forced to pay back taxes on the money he owed.

- 'Rev' Al Sharpton: Tax Evasion yet no criminal charges, no fines, and no interest on back taxes required.

- (D) Diane Feinstein: Millionaire politician whose husband received hard-earned Middle Class tax dollars through the Stimulus Bill to bail out his (the family) business. Reports are there has been no attempt to repay the 'loan'. (Must be nice, if you need money, to just cut yourself a check from other people's 'bank accounts' and never be concerned with paying them back...)

The simple absurdity of this is that Trump could do this so-called fundraiser any other day of the week, month, or year,

AND attend the debate.

OR he could have just quietly given the vets a million dollars, which I think comes out to about 1/10th of 1 percent of his net worth,

and moved on.

How much have either Bernie or Hillary given to vets? Hillary is a multimillionaire.

what does that link tell anyone about how much Prima Dona Trump gave in donations to veterans over the years?

AND attend the debate.

and moved on.

How much have either Bernie or Hillary given to vets? Hillary is a multimillionaire.

Millions.

what does that link tell anyone about how much Prima Dona Trump gave in donations to veterans over the years?

It shows he actually donated. Now, again, post your link showing what either Hillary or Bernie have donated. Let's be fair and balanced here Megan.

Here's another one for you:

Leader of New York Veterans Group Defends Donald Trump

Leader of New York Veterans Group Defends Donald Trump

Forum List

Back