The snow in NE America

I'm as okay as I will be. I live in Massachusetts but since I work for the regional electric utility company I'm in our Providence, RI office tonight, just in case we have significant power outages (which we haven't yet, thankfully). There'a quite a bit of snow out there, but most of what you're probably seeing isn't from the Northeast/New England.

Most of it is from the Mid-Atlantic and Southern states..... Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, the Carolinas, Tennessee, etc.... Areas that don't normally get a lot of snow, nevermind the massive amounts they've gotten in the last two days. They don't know how to deal with it, and don't have the equipment to deal with it.

So what's happening, television pictures looked crazy....is everyone okay?
Meh... it's just snow :dunno:

Huh? It's just snow? It's JUST snow? :eek-52: :whip:

66575320.jpg

I don't think anyone anticipated how bad it would get in some areas. They were calling for 8-12 inches here, and last I checked we had 29 inches. And that was a few hours ago.

I'm in mass . After last year , a foot of snow is now considered " a dusting" .

I'm as okay as I will be. I live in Massachusetts but since I work for the regional electric utility company I'm in our Providence, RI office tonight, just in case we have significant power outages (which we haven't yet, thankfully). There'a quite a bit of snow out there, but most of what you're probably seeing isn't from the Northeast/New England.

Most of it is from the Mid-Atlantic and Southern states..... Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, the Carolinas, Tennessee, etc.... Areas that don't normally get a lot of snow, nevermind the massive amounts they've gotten in the last two days. They don't know how to deal with it, and don't have the equipment to deal with it.

I am sorry. I thought you over 50? Too old to be sent out climbing poles in 20 below?

I am sorry. I thought you over 50? Too old to be sent out climbing poles in 20 below?
He was a lathe operator last year....in the union...

I haven't seen a recent update, but last I read my town was up to 30 inches as of 7:10 pm. Our last snowfall record was 25 inches in 1983.

24" here, near DC.

Will be in the 40s most of the week starting tomorrow. Kids across the street have already been hired to shovel tomorrow. Will be a memory by Tuesday.

Aside from the liquor store shutting down I've been okay. :thup:
Prior planning prevents piss poor performance :thup:
They don't get i I'm thinking 94 cleaning off the shelves good to go till the power went off.

I had a maroon bellied conure. Vince. My fucking Vincey. So we went out in the ice storm and a tale can be told that we made it. Two dogs my ridgeback Ripley foster child a shar pei.. my guys Hershey and Pyewacket

We hit the road and made it barely to Franklin. Then THATS a whole different ball game. You should have seen what happened.
:lmao:

Forum List

Back