The "social contract" that doesn't exist

I wouldn't buy a big mack even if it cost .29 cents; all fast food is tasteless except for the taste of salt, and in some cases days old grease.

Of course none of this relates to the Social Contract, a theory of governing which is reflected in the Preamble to our Constitution:

"We The People ...", come on folks, you know it now think about it, how unique it is, and as a vision statement for goals our elected and appointed officials have yet to meet.

Are you a troll [MENTION=20297]Wry Catcher[/MENTION] or are you this ignorant? This is now the third time you've tried to "prove" that the imaginary "social contract" - made up by lying and desperate liberals - exists and each time you've pointed to something different - and none of it has made any sense.

We the people was a contract to form a government. It was not a "social contract" declaring that whatever you need or want you may take from someone else (in other words, communism).

You liberals are so ignorant, you don't even know why our founders implemented a government. Now be a good little liberal boy and quote a few words from the 2nd Amendment as "proof" of this liberal fantasy of a "social contract".

"...the right to keep and bear" - See!!! See!!! That's the "social contract"! Right there! Indisputable. God Almighty are you fuck'n liberals ignorant beyond belief... eusa_doh:

I wouldn't buy a big mack even if it cost .29 cents; all fast food is tasteless except for the taste of salt, and in some cases days old grease.

Of course none of this relates to the Social Contract, a theory of governing which is reflected in the Preamble to our Constitution:

"We The People ...", come on folks, you know it now think about it, how unique it is, and as a vision statement for goals our elected and appointed officials have yet to meet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Ha_XjCuA8]Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Except the Min wage now is the highest in the US and they havent seen those dreaded increases you keep screaming about. Why not? Magic?

No one has ever said that increases in unemployment will be massive. However, they will be among people who can least afford it.

Furthermore, only idiots believe you can isolate the affects of one government policy from all the other government policies and factors affect some economic variable.

As if you give a shit about those people. But fear not, they'll be just fine. Brain-dead Conservative predictions of doom and gloom if the minimum wage gets raised have never come through to fruition.

You have to love lying liberals. When it's required to "prove" how bad George W. Bush was (and by extension, Republicans) 2008 was the worst "doom & gloom" in world history - even the Great Depression. But when trying to "prove" that it's ok to be reckless and irresponsible with communist economic policies, well then suddenly the "doom & gloom" never "comes to fruition". :eusa_doh:

These people are literally too stupid to remember what they said from one post to the next...

The social contract is real.

Rottweiler is imaginary.

Prove it, asshole.

He's a fuck'n child who can't survive on his own. He has to carry the false narrative that the "social contract" is "real" because the minute the federal government stops providing for him like he's a fuck'n infant is the minute he's no longer capable of surviving. You think he's going to work for a living? He's too lazy and too stupid. He can't make it on his own and he knows it.

[*]How is it possible that the left is incapable of comprehending that if the minimum wage for flipping a burger goes up 20%, the cost of the burger goes up 20%, which means the cost of shipping that burger to each store goes up 20%, which means the cost of electricity goes up 20%, which means the minimum wage worker is no further ahead than they were before the minimum wage went up 20%? I'm literally astounded by the left's ignorant belief that every action occurs in a vacuum. This is basic stuff that even small children understand.

Poodle, Sweetie, you just don't get how things work.

The cost of a burger is not all labor. Most of the cost is overhead, ingridients, utilities, etc. A 20% increase in the minimum wage would probably only mean a 2-3% increase in the cost of the food.

Further, all those other things are going up whether the minimum wage does or not.

Here's the thing. Back in the Clinton years, most of the "burger flipping" places were offering well above the minimum wage. They simply could not find people to fill those slots when unemployment was down to less than 4%.

This is about the 1%ers abusing their workers, and letting the rest of us pay for it.

Beacuse here's the thing about minimum wage workers. They don't obediently starve. They apply for section 8, food stamps and Medicaid... and they vote for Democrats.

God, you are stone cold stupid, aren't you?

[MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION], sweetie, it's painfully obvious why you're a high school drop out, minimum wage factory worker...

The rate for minimum wage has gone up about 20 times in my lifetime. And each time you people cry that it's not enough for a "living wage". Why? Because you're too fuck'n stupid to figure out that when you raise the minimum wage, the cost of everything goes up to cover the cost of that new minimum wage JoeB131. :bang3:

The profound ignorance you people display is simply astounding. This is basic stuff that even 3rd graders understand. And you wonder why you can't hold a job and then blame business owners for it?!?

Ouch! that's gotta hurt!

The social contract is real.

Rottweiler is imaginary.

Prove it, asshole.

He's a fuck'n child who can't survive on his own. He has to carry the false narrative that the "social contract" is "real" because the minute the federal government stops providing for him like he's a fuck'n infant is the minute he's no longer capable of surviving. You think he's going to work for a living? He's too lazy and too stupid. He can't make it on his own and he knows it.

I think Fakey is a senile old invalid living in a nursing home. He can't possible be a self-supporting independent adult.

But robbing the rabble, that's perfectly okay by you, then?

Or do you really think 1% of the population is doing 43% of the physical labor?

How are they being "robbed?"

You mean if the value of their labor produces $50,000 worth of value and they are only being paid $25,000, the other $25,000 going to "profits" and "Investors"...

They are being robbed.

1% of the population controls 43% of the wealth. They are not doing 43% of the labor.

JoeB "logic" - there should be no profits. Everyone should share equally even though the business owner put up all of the money to start the business, took all of the risks, and puts in the most hours.

Simple solution Joe - don't work for them them. Start your own fuck'n company. Oh wait, you've already admitted you're too lazy to do that. Never mind.

Prove it, asshole.

I think Fakey is a senile old invalid living in a nursing home. He can't possible be a self-supporting independent adult.

No - he's a dumb kid who lives at home with mommy & daddy. He's proven it over and over with immature and naïve comments.

Poodle, Sweetie, you just don't get how things work.

The cost of a burger is not all labor. Most of the cost is overhead, ingridients, utilities, etc. A 20% increase in the minimum wage would probably only mean a 2-3% increase in the cost of the food.

Further, all those other things are going up whether the minimum wage does or not.

Here's the thing. Back in the Clinton years, most of the "burger flipping" places were offering well above the minimum wage. They simply could not find people to fill those slots when unemployment was down to less than 4%.

This is about the 1%ers abusing their workers, and letting the rest of us pay for it.

Beacuse here's the thing about minimum wage workers. They don't obediently starve. They apply for section 8, food stamps and Medicaid... and they vote for Democrats.

God, you are stone cold stupid, aren't you?

[MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION], sweetie, it's painfully obvious why you're a high school drop out, minimum wage factory worker...

The rate for minimum wage has gone up about 20 times in my lifetime. And each time you people cry that it's not enough for a "living wage". Why? Because you're too fuck'n stupid to figure out that when you raise the minimum wage, the cost of everything goes up to cover the cost of that new minimum wage JoeB131. :bang3:

The profound ignorance you people display is simply astounding. This is basic stuff that even 3rd graders understand. And you wonder why you can't hold a job and then blame business owners for it?!?

Ouch! that's gotta hurt!

The truth usually does...

That's okay though, because if the social contract doesn't exist, we can just go take it from them ;)

Sure, if you don't mind getting a load of buckshot in the face.

If it ever gets to the point where the have-nots are just taking from the haves, the haves are going to be in serious trouble because they are seriously outnumbered.

As long as we are talking about the "Social Contract", the main reason it evolved is because you had so many revolutions where the great unwashed had enough...

France in 1787
Russia in 1917
China in 1949
Cuba in 1959
Iran in 1979

The smart countries put in a social contract because they didn't want it to get that far.

In other words, if the producers don't provide for Joe like he's a fuck'n infant and implement communism, he's going to resort to violence.

This isn't the 1700's dumb ass. One weapon today can mow down a 1,000 people in under 5 seconds (which is exactly why people like you want to outlaw guns). The reality is, conservatives outnumber libtards 2:1 in this country and gun owners outnumber communists 1,000:1 in this country. You lose on the intellectual battlefield and you lose on the military battlefield Joe. You always end as a loser Joe...

[ame=http://youtu.be/nHHj8IavEjk]Dillon Aero - SUV Mounted M134 Minigun (Security Service SUV) - YouTube[/ame]

Social contract, heh? Show me the copy that I signed and I'll belive in it. Until then, Statists just make shit up and impose it on people. Then claim its real.

:lmao:

Social contract, heh? Show me the copy that I signed and I'll belive in it. Until then, Statists just make shit up and impose it on people. Then claim its real.

:lmao:

The so-called "social contract" is just another left-wing propaganda gimmick designed to convince you that government is entitled to take your money and run your life.

In the past, Republicans thought that the market ought to set wages, and that a combination of government devices—including the earned-income tax credit, housing subsidies, food stamps, Medicaid, and other social-welfare programs—could fill in the gaps to make that social contract work, while also trying to remove disincentives from work via welfare reform.

The Moral and Economic Case for Raising the Minimum Wage

Three points to make here:

• How is it possible that the left is incapable of comprehending that if the minimum wage for flipping a burger goes up 20%, the cost of the burger goes up 20%, which means the cost of shipping that burger to each store goes up 20%, which means the cost of electricity goes up 20%, which means the minimum wage worker is no further ahead than they were before the minimum wage went up 20%? I'm literally astounded by the left's ignorant belief that every action occurs in a vacuum. This is basic stuff that even small children understand.

• The solution to the problem is pretty damn simple. Stop subsidizing the failure of the individual. If they can't put food on their table, there are 6 mechanisms of safety nets to ensure food gets there that do not include government. If 6 safety nets are not enough, well, then you were destined to go hungry. Just accept it and move on (and we all know that will NEVER happen with 6 safety nets, but that won't stop the liberals on USMB from making outrageous scenario's where those safety nets aren't enough).

• Once again we see the left literally make stuff up out of thin air. What "social contract"?!? I've never seen one. And I sure as hell never signed one.

Yeah the Burgers in Oregon and Washington are $17 bucks for a whopper.

Wait, no they arent but Oregon and Washington has the highest min wage in the US? Hows that possible?

The rate for minimum wage has gone up about 20 times in my lifetime. And each time you people cry that it's not enough for a "living wage". Why? Because you're too fuck'n stupid to figure out that when you raise the minimum wage, the cost of everything goes up to cover the cost of that new minimum wage [MENTION=25032]ClosedCaption[/MENTION]. :bang3:

The profound ignorance you people display is simply astounding. This is basic stuff that even 3rd graders understand.

I'll say this again. The Min Wage is the highest in the US why are their burgers the same price as everyone elses that pays less?

Also if more people have more money and things cost more. Its a wash. All boats are lifted. Right? If not why not?

Prove it, asshole.

And the libertarian fails to earn his money by retaliating with ad homs as does the anarchist failed propagandists.:lol:

And the libertarian fails to earn his money by retaliating with ad homs as does the anarchist failed propagandists.:lol:

Poor snake, did you take a double dose of paxil with your vodka last night? your brain appears to be very damaged this morning.

maybe a couple valiums and a shot of rum.

What money? What makes you think I'm interested in having a substantive debate with a senile old coot who lacks the capability to commit logic?

You're here to be ridiculed, Fakey. You serve as a caricature of everything that's wrong with liberalism. Debating you is a waste of time.

Last edited:

Poor snake, did you take a double dose of paxil with your vodka last night? your brain appears to be very damaged this morning.

maybe a couple valiums and a shot of rum.

Fakey believes he's entitled to be treated with respect.

Isn't that a hoot?

Treated with respect from a bunch of far right reactionary hoo doos? :lol:

You all have no idea what that means.

Forum List

Back