The Space Shuttle Landed This Morning

Same reason that 10, 000 Horse Carriage makers probably went unemployed @ the invention of the Car. It's not rocket science, pun intended.

Same reason that 10, 000 Horse Carriage makers probably went unemployed @ the invention of the Car. It's not rocket science, pun intended.

that's just silly, why fire ten thousand knowledgeable space workers and engineer's only to train other's. I'm afraid you've been duped.

The decision to cease shuttle flight was made seven years ago, barely a year after the Columbia tragedy. President Barack Obama nixed President George W. Bush's lunar goals, however, opting instead for astronaut expeditions to an asteroid and Mars.

Last-ditch appeals to keep shuttles flying by such NASA legends as Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong and Mission Control founder Christopher Kraft landed flat.

It comes down to money.

Last space shuttle comes home, ends 30-year era - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

We have to move forward at some point.

So slamming the door accomplishes that?

Right now we cannot repair anything in space unless we beg the Russians.

Damn security risk.

And let's not forget the brain drain going to other countries beginning today.

Talking about outsourcing jobs.

Last edited:
Are you retarded? Serious question.

You're guessing to know what their plan is (hire new instead of from the pool of existing workers) when in reality, you don't know.............yet you still ask this dumbass question.

Bitter assed lives of most of you saps on here, just come to complain complain complain every day, jesus h. christ, my GOD

that's just silly, why fire ten thousand knowledgeable space workers and engineer's only to train other's. I'm afraid you've been duped.

most of those current people are non minority, they really cant be fired just to fire them.
Cut the program, fire them, that's legal and acceptable.
create new program and fill with uneducated minority grant winners that will be unable to do the job. Acceptable.

What better way to give white peoples jobs away?

most of those current people are non minority, they really cant be fired just to fire them.
Cut the program, fire them, that's legal and acceptable.
create new program and fill with uneducated minority grant winners that will be unable to do the job. Acceptable.

What better way to give white peoples jobs away?

Yes you're right just random uneducated people are going to come in and build the farthest flying space vehicles of all time. :cuckoo:

and poof 3,9000 people become instantly unemployed. As soon as they wrap things up in Orlando and Houston that number grows to ten thousand. Way to go obiedoodle now you want the taxpayer to pony up 60Billion to Russia to send one of our guys to the space station. You're so fucking brilliant.

Why does obama hate America?

there is nothing as worse as to see someone lament and hate for no real reason. The NASA program has other pans in the fire. At least no one died in this journey. The shuttles are old and dangerous.

Are you retarded? Serious question.

You're guessing to know what their plan is (hire new instead of from the pool of existing workers) when in reality, you don't know.............yet you still ask this dumbass question.

Bitter assed lives of most of you saps on here, just come to complain complain complain every day, jesus h. christ, my GOD

No, but it's a fair bet you izzz retarded. Any ordinary person with common walking around sense sees no sense in taking ten thousand American jobs. Then you have to pay them 99 weeks of unemployment. Then if you want to go to the space station you gotta pay the Russians their asking price,, I think right now it's about 60 billion dollars.

why does obama hate America?

and poof 3,9000 people become instantly unemployed. As soon as they wrap things up in Orlando and Houston that number grows to ten thousand. Way to go obiedoodle now you want the taxpayer to pony up 60Billion to Russia to send one of our guys to the space station. You're so fucking brilliant.

there is nothing as worse as to see someone lament and hate for no real reason. The NASA program has other pans in the fire. At least no one died in this journey. The shuttles are old and dangerous.

Ten thousand American jobs are down the damn drain. and you say "hate"

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:lol::lol:

<this was a joke, right?>

The decision to cease shuttle flight was made seven years ago, barely a year after the Columbia tragedy. President Barack Obama nixed President George W. Bush's lunar goals, however, opting instead for astronaut expeditions to an asteroid and Mars.

Last-ditch appeals to keep shuttles flying by such NASA legends as Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong and Mission Control founder Christopher Kraft landed flat.

It comes down to money.

Last space shuttle comes home, ends 30-year era - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Damn security risk.

They didn't exactly slam the door, you're so dense lately. The decision was made years ago, muddy.

You're just a partisan hack. Those missions were very expensive, maybe even more expensive than the salaries of the employees. Move along, you have no argument here. Willow either.

Damn security risk.

They didn't exactly slam the door, you're so dense lately. The decision was made years ago, muddy.

You're just a partisan hack. Those missions were very expensive, maybe even more expensive than the salaries of the employees. Move along, you have no argument here. Willow either.

don't you just hate that we don't move along when you tell us to move along. indisputable fact. ten thousand unemployed added to the roles of the unemployed and every time we want to go to the space station we have to pay Russia their asking price... you move along. it sucks.

Damn security risk.

don't you just hate that we don't move along when you tell us to move along. indisputable fact. ten thousand unemployed added to the roles of the unemployed and every time we want to go to the space station we have to pay Russia their asking price... you move along. it sucks.

I don't actually believe that to be fact.

More fine examples of "small government" conservatarians.

Maybe we should rehire all those old typists as well. And the folks who repaired the Congressional 8-Track players

Come to think of it, what about the poor stiffs who lit the oil lanterns around the capital each day? I'm sure they need jobs.

Why do you insist on blaming Obama for shutting down a 30 year old shuttle program that was already past it's prime? This was 'planned' before Obama was elected.

Technically, it's just another Bush policy he maintained or continued, you know?

If you want to be pissed at Obama about the other NASA budget and program cuts, I'm right there with you.

Ten thousand more added to the unemployment list.. I suppose I should celebrate that along with you dimocrats.. because it does make obiedoodle look bad donut? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ten thousand more added to the unemployment list.. I suppose I should celebrate that along with you dimocrats.. because it does make obiedoodle look bad donut? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey, here's an idea. Tell me what you think:

Maybe the government could hire those people to do other jobs. We could have a jobs program where we pay unemployed Americans like those leaving NASA to do all sorts of infrastructure projects, and they could even put their engineering knowledge to work. We could hire tens of thousands!

so are the ones they will be using in the meantime........

Why do you insist on blaming Obama for shutting down a 30 year old shuttle program that was already past it's prime? This was 'planned' before Obama was elected.

Technically, it's just another Bush policy he maintained or continued, you know?

If you want to be pissed at Obama about the other NASA budget and program cuts, I'm right there with you.

It happened on his watch. He could have stopped it.

Forum List

Back