The Taliban Destroys Another Historical Work Of Art

I'll start caring about the preservation of statues and paintings when conservatives start caring about the preservation of nature. So yeah, that shit ain't happening. Is this really the kind of stuff that keeps you up at night? Who gives a fuck? What a load of inconsequential bullshit.

I'll start caring about the preservation of statues and paintings when conservatives start caring about the preservation of nature. So yeah, that shit ain't happening. Is this really the kind of stuff that keeps you up at night? Who gives a fuck? What a load of inconsequential bullshit.

You're shot out dude, comparing apples (history) to oranges (nature).
What a jamoke....

Explain how opposing the absorption of the global economy to fuel nonsensical blame for fantastical anthropogenic climate change pipedreams and drive global governance equates to negligence concerning the preservation of nature.

I'll start caring about what goes on in your head WHEN YOU GROW A BRAIN

How can you say that? What if Washington comes down from heaven or up from hell and does a Washing of your mouth with that paint?

You seem like a lot of fun to hang out with.

Why do you care? Are images of the founders sacred icons?

How is this different from book-burning?

Book burning is a quaint old custom from when all knowledge was based in book form. Now we practically have infinite copies of everything that exists. I assume the painting has been photographed? As a source of knowledge they will exist for a very long time. As pieces of art murals are practically worthless. The only value of these paintings are in indoctrination. So finally we arrive at the crux of the matter. What are these paintings teaching? Anything that can't be taught elsewhere?

Book burning is a quaint old custom from when all knowledge was based in book form. Now we practically have infinite copies of everything that exists. I assume the painting has been photographed? As a source of knowledge they will exist for a very long time. As pieces of art murals are practically worthless. The only value of these paintings are in indoctrination. So finally we arrive at the crux of the matter. What are these paintings teaching? Anything that can't be taught elsewhere?

So, you miss the point as is your habit.

No matter.

Destroying a depiction of history because it makes a few people uncomfortable is incredibly stupid and shortsighted.

Real educators recognize this as a "teaching moment."

I presume that in California, as in most of the country, School Board is an unpaid position that attracts all sorts of idiots, power mongers, and cranks.

The fact that no Adult has thus far been able to prevent this educational travesty says more about California and anything else.

And $800,000? Gimme a fukkin' break. I'll do it for $500, in one day.

then you have no problem destroying original paintings by Basquiat ??

murals are practically worthless? Michelangelos "LAST SUPPER" is a
mural. As to books TODAY------so true-----they are DIGITAL AND FOREVER
my hubby is an artist-----I consider it a credential I HAVE TO BID YOU---gotohll

Once I read "estimated cost of $600k", I know exactly what motivated some of them.

I will say, these are offensive paintings, but so are naked sculptures. Can't they just sell them to a private collector?

Though, according to the video, due to Cali laws, they can't do anything yet anyways, only 50 years after the death of the painter, and he died in the 1970s.

then you have no problem destroying original paintings by Basquiat ??
I am remarkably unsentimental about modern art.

Forum List

Back