The Taliban Destroys Another Historical Work Of Art

Why do you care? Are images of the founders sacred icons?

How is this different from book-burning?

Book burning is a quaint old custom from when all knowledge was based in book form. Now we practically have infinite copies of everything that exists. I assume the painting has been photographed? As a source of knowledge they will exist for a very long time. As pieces of art murals are practically worthless. The only value of these paintings are in indoctrination. So finally we arrive at the crux of the matter. What are these paintings teaching? Anything that can't be taught elsewhere?
then you have no problem destroying original paintings by Basquiat ??
I am remarkably unsentimental about modern art.

I am remarkably uninterested in your sensibilities AND LACK THEREOF

Book burning is a quaint old custom from when all knowledge was based in book form. Now we practically have infinite copies of everything that exists. I assume the painting has been photographed? As a source of knowledge they will exist for a very long time. As pieces of art murals are practically worthless. The only value of these paintings are in indoctrination. So finally we arrive at the crux of the matter. What are these paintings teaching? Anything that can't be taught elsewhere?

murals are practically worthless? Michelangelos "LAST SUPPER" is a
mural. As to books TODAY------so true-----they are DIGITAL AND FOREVER
my hubby is an artist-----I consider it a credential I HAVE TO BID YOU---gotohll
Da Vinci painted the Last Supper.

So. Cave paintings at Lascaux. :auiqs.jpg:

I'll start caring about the preservation of statues and paintings when conservatives start caring about the preservation of nature. So yeah, that shit ain't happening. Is this really the kind of stuff that keeps you up at night? Who gives a fuck? What a load of inconsequential bullshit.
Not really. Otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard. It's a disgrace but just another day at the office for Democrats.

murals are practically worthless? Michelangelos "LAST SUPPER" is a
mural. As to books TODAY------so true-----they are DIGITAL AND FOREVER
my hubby is an artist-----I consider it a credential I HAVE TO BID YOU---gotohll
Da Vinci painted the Last Supper.

mistake----slightly drunk. ---in any case---mural is an important artform----
especially that stuff done on wet plaster------whatevah its called. Destruction of
art is vulgar -----even destruction of vulgar art

Those are irreplaceable cultural artifacts remarkable for their extreme age and beauty. Art is valued very much by it's historic significance and who executed it.

Those are irreplaceable cultural artifacts remarkable for their extreme age and beauty. Art is valued very much by it's historic significance and who executed it.

nasty vulgar idiot thing to do------paint over a mural-----one that was COMISSIONED---no less. ----for some banal idiot idea of POLITICAL
CORRECTNESS that happens to be popular this week

Indeed, no matter the age in which it was created.

Once I read "estimated cost of $600k", I know exactly what motivated some of them.

I will say, these are offensive paintings, but so are naked sculptures. Can't they just sell them to a private collector?

Though, according to the video, due to Cali laws, they can't do anything yet anyways, only 50 years after the death of the painter, and he died in the 1970s.

Why are they offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything that triggers self-proclaimed conservatives MUST be a good thing.

I'm all for it, w/o even knowing the details.

I'll start caring about the preservation of statues and paintings when conservatives start caring about the preservation of nature. So yeah, that shit ain't happening. Is this really the kind of stuff that keeps you up at night? Who gives a fuck? What a load of inconsequential bullshit.
Preservation of nature ? Alot of the money that goes to conservation efforts comes from States hunting license fees. Don't know any of left leaning hunters.

The Quran doesn't allow images. It is the images of the founding fathers that these liberals are painting over.

oh----its not because Washington was a "person of no color"???

Once you Embroil yourself into liberalism and all kinds of leftism, you are given over to all kinds of reasonings. Liberals will punish you if you have no faith in them.

It's a Leninist style cultural purge going on right under your nose and you don't give a fuck. Well it's America.
People are going to act like worthless bits of shit. Can't make someone care or think if they don't want to.
You cared enough to take the time to say you don't care.....great.

Forum List

Back