🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Three GOP Candidates' Faiths, Should it Matter to You

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz: Southern Baptist. Also: Canadian by birth, renounced May 2014 and ineligible to run for POTUS. Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donald Trump (or Drumpf): Hedonism, near as one can tell: Donald Trump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Kasich: raised Catholic (admits it will be with him for life), currently Anglican (derived from Church of England). John Kasich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just as an aside, if the GOP wants more Hispanics and traditional values, which candidate would heal the brand and bring those back in?

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.

just like when JFK said he didn't answer to the pope.

the wacky GOP has it butt backwards now.

Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz: Southern Baptist. Also: Canadian by birth, renounced May 2014 and ineligible to run for POTUS. Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donald Trump (or Drumpf): Hedonism, near as one can tell: Donald Trump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Kasich: raised Catholic (admits it will be with him for life), currently Anglican (derived from Church of England). John Kasich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just as an aside, if the GOP wants more Hispanics and traditional values, which candidate would heal the brand and bring those back in?

Nope

Religion has never been a qualification for office for me

The candidates should answer to our political system.... not their religious affiliations.
It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

This thread is not for atheists, it's for folks who have religion. Atheists' comments here are worth exactly zilch.

It might matter to some voters. Hence the reason I posted the thread. Are you going to tell voters that it's illegal for them to vote with their faith? (That'll be next after throwing Kim Davis in jail...)

the constitution specifically prohibits a religious litmus test for office.

what your private religious beliefs are....should be your religious beliefs, not my political system

It should matter. How many of those three candidates put the promises of eternal rewards ahead of the problems facing our country? Which of the 3 candidates will act based on religious faith rather than logic? How many of the candidates prioritize magical rewards over problems we face in reality?

Only relevant to me if they are extreme ideologues like Cruz is.

Trump is only nominally a Christian and Kasich is apparently Anglican which doesn't bother me at all.

Not at all. Except for the Hedonism I didn't know or care about any of these, and when I leave this thread I won't remember.

I still don't get why Wikipedia has that line on its bios, at least for politicians. Apparently Wiki doesn't know we don't have a theocracy.

This thread is not for atheists, it's for folks who have religion. Atheists' comments here are worth exactly zilch.

Are you going to be telling voters that they must vote based upon their faith- and legally require them to?

LOL.

Of course some voters base their votes upon their faith. And others don't.

What is wild is that Trump is getting as much evangelical support as he is getting- because he doesn't represent any evangelical standards.

It should matter. How many of those three candidates put the promises of eternal rewards ahead of the problems facing our country? Which of the 3 candidates will act on faith rather than logic? How many of the candidates prioritize magical rewards over problems we face in reality?

CruzTruth.jpg

And one of those false statements was: "I am eligible to run for US President"

tumblr_nxxkfvETcW1ss4yrmo1_500.jpg

Ted-Cruz-is-in-the-US-Senate-Illegally2.jpg

Last edited:

Just as an aside, why don't you address the Democratic candidates' faiths?

The only President who I knew the religion of was JFK because
the media made a big deal that he would be the first Catholic.....

I never cared what religion any President was.

Just as an aside, why don't you address the Democratic candidates' faiths?

Sil doesn't really care about the candidates' faiths. All she is hoping is that they use their faith to punish fags. lol

Sil doesn't really care about the candidates' faiths. All she is hoping is that they use their faith to punish fags. lol

.or...instead of "punish" you could've said "maintain the legal right to differ with the cult of" fags.

It should matter. How many of those three candidates put the promises of eternal rewards ahead of the problems facing our country? Which of the 3 candidates will act on faith rather than logic? How many of the candidates prioritize magical rewards over problems we face in reality?

CruzTruth.jpg

Except 1 thing "I am eligible to run for US President"

tumblr_nxxkfvETcW1ss4yrmo1_500.jpg

Ted-Cruz-is-in-the-US-Senate-Illegally2.jpg

According to every court who has addressed the issue, he is eligible.

But then again that wasn't the question in your OP.

.or...instead of "punish" you could've said "maintain the legal right to differ with the cult of" fags.

You have 60+ threads whining about queers. Whom is stopping you from 'differing with the cult of fags' again?

the constitution specifically prohibits a religious litmus test for office.

Indeed, and yet many individuals apply one in the voting booth. You surely don't have an argument as to their right to do so, do you?

If you do, how would you prohibit the practice?

According to every court who has addressed the issue, he is eligible.

But then again that wasn't the question in your OP.

Except THE Court; which will overturn those around...oh..*checks calendar*....September 2016...in an "emergency session"..dominated by liberal Justices antsy to see one of their own appointed in the next Administration.

Forum List

Back