🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Tide is Turning…

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Progressive U.S. pro-Israel group claims Hagel fight as a victory - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - J Street, a liberal Jewish-American lobbying group barely five years old and once shunned by top Israeli officials, is claiming as a victory the fact that Chuck Hagel was confirmed as defense secretary despite opposition from more conservative Jewish groups.

In the week when the most influential Jewish-American group, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, held its annual conference in Washington, J Street has been touting its role in securing Hagel's nomination, which supporters say shows its growing clout.

J Street president Jeremy Ben-Ami said he called Hagel in December as soon as he heard rumors that President Barack Obama wanted the former Republican senator to be his secretary of defense.

It was weeks before the nomination became public, but it took only a day for the group to issue its first statement supporting Hagel, who would endure attacks from groups such as the hawkish Republican-linked Emergency Committee for Israel.

America and Israel: Will the relationship change? Yes it can | The Economist
Will the relationship change? Yes it can

Israel and the Palestinians seem stuck in a poisonous morass, as Israeli voters shift to the right. President Barack Obama has a chance of hauling them out of it
Feb 12th 2009 | Washington, dc |From the print edition

AP

AT FIRST glance, the chances of peace between Arabs and Jews in the Holy Land look dimmer than ever. If Binyamin Netanyahu ends up as prime minister (see article), Israel's voters will have elected a man who, on paper at least, is unwilling to let the Palestinians have anything more in the way of a state than a hollowed-out Swiss cheese of feebly linked cantons. He says the moderate Palestinians are too weak to control the West Bank and need to be strengthened, under Israeli supervision, before any more territory can be handed over to them.

Moreover, even if the centrist Tzipi Livni wins the day, with her support for talks leading to two states living peacefully side by side, the Palestinians are for the moment so sour and so divided that they have no government or leader strong enough to cut a deal and make it work. In any event, after Israel's ferocious assault on the Gaza Strip in December and January, there is no certainty that the current ceasefire will hold with the Islamists of Hamas, which still rules that territory despite its pasting.

Yet hope persists, in part because Barack Obama has a chance of making American policy more even-handed and more effective, after eight years mostly wasted by George Bush and, before that, another eight years in which Bill Clinton tried but failed, to bring the two sides together. More even-handed means more sympathetic to Palestinians. But it also means more security, in the long run, for Israel.

peeballs-----"THE TIDE WAS TURNING" according to my
pakistani informants-----44 years ago----it probably would have
been TURNING long before that if I had encountered
enough pakistani informants before that-----but in interesting
story-----yesterday hubby told me that he was told
about the "TURNING TIDE" even before I was----he is not
that much older than I am----but learned about it from an
informant JUST LIKE YOU about five years before I got
to hear about it

Unliss (remember Magnum's unliss) by Tide PeaMind means the detergent, it turned a while ago. Like when the marines were blown up in Beirut, Daniel Pearl's head was cut from ear to ear, USS Cole, the Twin Towers, and our embassies were attacked, but what can I say, he is an impartial bystander, who longs for peace!

Unliss (remember Magnum's unliss) by Tide PeaMind means the detergent, it turned a while ago. Like when the marines were blown up in Beirut, Daniel Pearl's head was cut from ear to ear, USS Cole, the Twin Towers, and our embassies were attacked, but what can I say, he is an impartial bystander, who longs for peace!

All that you mentioned is a direct result of Israeli instigation and AIPAC operatives via the American Israeli Neo-Cons who conspired with GW Bush to steal oil for Cheney and Pals and Israel got her war with Islam shedding American blood and not one drop of hers, while bankrupting us and losing our homes!

You guys are something? But Justice always seems to happen, and it will in time.

"The Boycott Divestment and Sanctions movement is, in fact, a non-violent movement; it seeks to use established legal means to achieve its goals; and it is, interestingly enough, the largest Palestinian civic movement at this time.

"That means that the largest Palestinian civic movement is a non-violent one that justifies its actions through recourse to international law.

"Further, I want to underscore that this is also a movement whose stated core principles include the opposition to every form of racism, including both state-sponsored racism and anti-Semitism."

State-sponsored racism in the Occupied Territories can be ended using the same non-violent tools that ended Jim Crow in the US and White Pride in South Africa.

Judith Butler's Remarks to Brooklyn College on BDS | The Nation

"The Boycott Divestment and Sanctions movement is, in fact, a non-violent movement; it seeks to use established legal means to achieve its goals; and it is, interestingly enough, the largest Palestinian civic movement at this time.

"That means that the largest Palestinian civic movement is a non-violent one that justifies its actions through recourse to international law.

"Further, I want to underscore that this is also a movement whose stated core principles include the opposition to every form of racism, including both state-sponsored racism and anti-Semitism."

State-sponsored racism in the Occupied Territories can be ended using the same non-violent tools that ended Jim Crow in the US and White Pride in South Africa.

Of course Georgie Boy loves those Leftist Jews. In his narrow mind, he would never question why their eyes are closed to what is going on in the Middle East when it comes to killing innocent people because of their religion (and naturally they would not notice the apartheid going on in Arab countries). It's a shame that Georgie Boy couldn't afford to buy a ticket or he could have joined those Code Pink Ladies who were in Washington calling for an Intifada

Of course Georgie Boy loves those Leftist Jews. In his narrow mind, he would never question why their eyes are closed to what is going on in the Middle East when it comes to killing innocent people because of their religion (and naturally they would not notice the apartheid going on in Arab countries). It's a shame that Georgie Boy couldn't afford to buy a ticket or he could have joined those Code Pink Ladies who were in Washington calling for an Intifada

It's not easy being Georgie boy

While Hossie the Corporate Killer hasn't noticed how many innocent Muslim the US military has maimed, murdered, displaced, and raped in the Middle East; maybe he's the one who should be getting out more?

While Hossie the Corporate Killer hasn't noticed how many innocent Muslim the US military has maimed, murdered, displaced, and raped in the Middle East; maybe he's the one who should be getting out more?
While Georgie Boy, the perennial Loser can't seem to sleep that he has to run to forums early in the morning, other retirees in Los Angeles will be having a fine day going about their usual activities. Isn't there a park near you where you can get out and do some Tai Chi exercises with the other retirees, Georgie Boy? You don't have to tell them you are a Loser. As you will notice, this Loser will never mention how many Muslims have killed and maimed other Muslims in the Middle East and elsewhere. He wants to always put the blame on America. Maybe he could spend some time away from his computer and start collecting some money to help all those Christians and Muslims who have been maimed and displaced in the Syrian Civil War (I don't think he can blame this on America no matter how hard he tries.)

"When Zionism becomes co-extensive with Jewishness, Jewishness is pitted against the diversity that defines democracy, and if I may say so, betrays one of the most important ethical dimensions of the diasporic Jewish tradition, namely, the obligation of co-habitation with those different from ourselves.

It's a shame that Georgie Boy doesn't have the fare to join these Leftist Jews who are calling for apartheid. Meanwhile, Georgie Boy, do you remember how in your own city when a boycott was called at Trader Joe's because they were carrying Israeli products, the Israeli products just flew off the shelves by those who didn't believe in this boycott nonsense. I wonder if Georgie Boy can get a lift to some Middle East Market in Los Angeles where I have heard the Muslim women have no problem putting Israeli products in their shopping carts. Maybe they will feel sorry for that hungry look on Georgie Boy's face and give him a piece of Halvah. Meanwhile, I don't think that Georgie Boy realizes the the majority of Jews are Zionists, except of course those Leftist Jews. It must kill him also that there are millions of non Jews in America who also consider themselves Zionists. By the way, does anyone actually think that Georgie Boy would be championing the right of "co-habitation" for those non Muslims living in Muslim countries?

"When Zionism becomes co-extensive with Jewishness, Jewishness is pitted against the diversity that defines democracy, and if I may say so, betrays one of the most important ethical dimensions of the diasporic Jewish tradition, namely, the obligation of co-habitation with those different from ourselves.

It's a shame that Georgie Boy doesn't have the fare to join these Leftist Jews who are calling for apartheid. Meanwhile, Georgie Boy, do you remember how in your own city when a boycott was called at Trader Joe's because they were carrying Israeli products, the Israeli products just flew off the shelves by those who didn't believe in this boycott nonsense. I wonder if Georgie Boy can get a lift to some Middle East Market in Los Angeles where I have heard the Muslim women have no problem putting Israeli products in their shopping carts. Maybe they will feel sorry for that hungry look on Georgie Boy's face and give him a piece of Halvah. Meanwhile, I don't think that Georgie Boy realizes the the majority of Jews are Zionists, except of course those Leftist Jews. It must kill him also that there are millions of non Jews in America who also consider themselves Zionists. By the way, does anyone actually think that Georgie Boy would be championing the right of "co-habitation" for those non Muslims living in Muslim countries?

Yet he paid for a subscription to these boards and you and your right wingzionists suck it all up for free....guess you guys don't support democratic discussion boards that can critisize Israel hoping to shut them down.

Cheap bastard.

Yet he paid for a subscription to these boards and you and your right wingzionists suck it all up for free....guess you guys don't support democratic discussion boards that can critisize Israel hoping to shut them down.

Cheap bastard.
I done tol' you once, Phillip, I'll buy a subscription when my welfare check comes.

Hossie

He’d be coming
Down the mountain
If he could

But he fell asleep
In the outhouse
Sawing wood

Poor ‘ol Hossie
Drank too much
Hoochie

Now he’s snoring
On top of
Poopie

Or he’d be down
The mountain
Cutting wood!

America and Israel: Will the relationship change? Yes it can | The Economist
Will the relationship change? Yes it can

Israel and the Palestinians seem stuck in a poisonous morass, as Israeli voters shift to the right. President Barack Obama has a chance of hauling them out of it
Feb 12th 2009 | Washington, dc |From the print edition

AP

AT FIRST glance, the chances of peace between Arabs and Jews in the Holy Land look dimmer than ever. If Binyamin Netanyahu ends up as prime minister (see article), Israel's voters will have elected a man who, on paper at least, is unwilling to let the Palestinians have anything more in the way of a state than a hollowed-out Swiss cheese of feebly linked cantons. He says the moderate Palestinians are too weak to control the West Bank and need to be strengthened, under Israeli supervision, before any more territory can be handed over to them.

Moreover, even if the centrist Tzipi Livni wins the day, with her support for talks leading to two states living peacefully side by side, the Palestinians are for the moment so sour and so divided that they have no government or leader strong enough to cut a deal and make it work. In any event, after Israel's ferocious assault on the Gaza Strip in December and January, there is no certainty that the current ceasefire will hold with the Islamists of Hamas, which still rules that territory despite its pasting.

Yet hope persists, in part because Barack Obama has a chance of making American policy more even-handed and more effective, after eight years mostly wasted by George Bush and, before that, another eight years in which Bill Clinton tried but failed, to bring the two sides together. More even-handed means more sympathetic to Palestinians. But it also means more security, in the long run, for Israel.

obama has to be one of the most ignorant FP presidents we've had this century, incl. bush...hes aint hauling squat anywhere...hes lost, without a map.

When are you planning to start paying your fair share to support USMB?
It's a damn shame when the crackers in the cheap seats expect hard working taxpayers to support their ignorance entitlements. Of course, that's all ignorant crackers are good for especially when they can't even define the Arab Spring or what it means to Wall Street. Maybe they should stick to television commercials where critical thinking skills aren't required.

When are you planning to start paying your fair share to support USMB?
It's a damn shame when the crackers in the cheap seats expect hard working taxpayers to support their ignorance entitlements. Of course, that's all ignorant crackers are good for especially when they can't even define the Arab Spring or what it means to Wall Street. Maybe they should stick to television commercials where critical thinking skills aren't required.
Why, Georgie Boy, do you really expect us to believe that you actually pay anything for your Internet service. It's a good thing you get it for free or else what else would you do with your life if you couldn't run around to forums? And let's face it. Georgie Boy, the Homeboy, is really not interested in what is going on in the Middle East, Africa or Southeast Asia unless he can somehow drag in the bankers and others who have money into his posts. By the way, if Georgie Boy had any critical thinking skills of his own, years ago he would have figured out that he had better learn some trade so that he wouldn't have to depend on the hardworking taxpayers to pay for his food stamps and subsidized housing when he got older.

Are you stupid enough to believe "the bankers and others who have money" have no stake in "what is going on in the Middle East?" Without the profit that comes from arms sales and oil sales the Jewish State would never have lurched into existence.

"Sir Ronald Storrs, the first Governor of Jerusalem, certainly had no illusions about what a 'Jewish homeland' in Palestine meant for the British Empire: 'It will form for England,' he said, 'a little loyal Jewish Ulster in a sea of potentially hostile Arabism.'”

Divide and Conquer as Imperial Rules | FPIF

Forum List

Back