What is a climate scientist?

Traditionally ... climatology is included in the Department of Atmospheric Science, or Department of Meteorology ... not many universities have separate department for these sciences ... and UCLA is the arch-typical form of such departments ... so I would point you to their course catalogue for information on the degree programs available and what is required to receive a degree in climate science ...

Yeah ... calculus ... if that's a problem for you, then regular Atmospheric Science is out ... you'll fail the heavy math ... take a second year of statistics and they'll give you a degree in Climate Science ... so like biologists, not the smartest people in the world ...
Get a degree in a science, follow the money, go for the climate scientist route. Follow the narrative, conclude everything is down to cars, and it's a job for life.

Get a degree in a science, follow the money, go for the climate scientist route. Follow the narrative, conclude everything is down to cars, and it's a job for life.
Is that how things have worked out in your career path? Do people pay you for nothing?

Translation:

"I have no education or experience in any related field and know less than nothing about climate science."
I did geology OU when working at an accountants. Then worked at a national firm for 15 years as a manager, then self employed for 20 years. I enjoyed geology at school, hence why I carried it on, but never went into a science job. At least I can doy own company accounts.

My foundation course was general science, interesting how you can work out the distance to the moon using one or pictures etc.. The chemistry side of things, I had to dispose of the science kit they gave me (Bunsen burner, flasks, chemicals etc..) so I just gave it to the secondary school that I had attended.

The chemical composition of a mineral that always stuck in my head was for gypsum.

Do you have an example? ... Boeing's CEO earns $32,000,000 per year ... why do you think researchers get paid that much? ...

Most meteorologists work at weather forecasting ... in the various regional NWS offices, MET offices or WMO offices ... ≈ $110,000 per year {Cite} ... yeah, carpenters can make that much in a year ... and without a high school diploma ... that's an extra 8 years earnings or an extra million dollars ... now who's smarter? ...

Forum List

Back