The Tonkin Gulf Incident in 12 Scenes by Steve Brodner

Robert McNamara went to Vietnam in 1995 and met with the Ranking North Vietnamese General and they both agreed: No one was attacked. The Gulf of Tonkin Incident never happened.

My brother was on the USS Ticonderoga in the gulf of Tonkin during the the supposed incident , never saw it and nobody on his boat knew did either. No PT boats, just alarms raised. It seemed like a phony pretense, like the WMD thing in Iraq in 2003.

My brother was on the USS Ticonderoga in the gulf of Tonkin during the the supposed incident , never saw it and nobody on his boat knew did either. No PT boats, just alarms raised. It seemed like a phony pretense, like the WMD thing in Iraq in 2003.

All I remember at the time is we were told that the crap hit the fan somewhere in the gulf. I was on the Tico at that time also.

The point is that the only information available to US citizens at the time was filtered through liberal media outlets and there wasn't a single media outlet that was willing to contradict a democrat president.

Johnson administration needed an excuse to display US firepower to North Vietnam in hopes they could be forced to broker a deal with South Vietnam. LBJ actually thought he could buy off Ho Chi Minh with a hydroelectric dam project.

All I remember at the time is we were told that the crap hit the fan somewhere in the gulf. I was on the Tico at that time also.
I am so sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't think anyone cared or remembered. We had friends and neighbors that were lost in Vietnam. just names on a wall. But I remember them. My big bro was on the big T, the Ticonderoga. He loaded those planes with bombs for airstrikes, he was, IS, proud of that. I am so proud of you guys.

I am so sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't think anyone cared or remembered. We had friends and neighbors that were lost in Vietnam. just names on a wall. But I remember them. My big bro was on the big T, the Ticonderoga. He loaded those planes with bombs for airstrikes, he was, IS, proud of that. I am so proud of you guys.

I might have bumped into your brother in the chow line, liberty launch, night clubs in hong kong, subic bay, etc. Hard to know since there were thousands on the Tico with air groups aboard, and I was in engineering, below decks mostly.

Forum List

Back