The Trump Effect

GaryDog

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2016
We've seen how Trump has emboldened countless protesters and ordinary citizens to commit acts of violence against people they disagree with. Clearly the Donald has no idea about the implications of his words and tones on his legion of small-minded minions.

Now, it seems that GOP politicians are feeling the same sense of entitlement to threaten death and/or maiming in response to the smallest slight

Maine governor leaves obscene tirade on lawmaker's voicemail

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Republican Gov. Paul LePage has unleashed an obscene tirade on a Democratic legislator, leaving him a voicemail message that said "I am after you" and telling reporters he wished it were 1825 so he could challenge the lawmaker to a duel and point a gun between his eyes.

We've seen how Trump has emboldened countless protesters and ordinary citizens to commit acts of violence against people they disagree with. Clearly the Donald has no idea about the implications of his words and tones on his legion of small-minded minions.

Now, it seems that GOP politicians are feeling the same sense of entitlement to threaten death and/or maiming in response to the smallest slight

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Republican Gov. Paul LePage has unleashed an obscene tirade on a Democratic legislator, leaving him a voicemail message that said "I am after you" and telling reporters he wished it were 1825 so he could challenge the lawmaker to a duel and point a gun between his eyes.

I suspect he really does want to live in 1825, when women could not vote, poll taxes were legal and the only good native American - well we get the idea.

Maine is one of the few states I've not visited, I'll make sure to wait until its current governor has been replaced, the sooner, the better.

It isn't hard to notice conservatives' first response is violence. They are always threatening people, you can see it in many posts here. "We came unarmed, this time".
They show up at local restaurants with weapons in plain view to scare women and children, but they never show up in Chicago to protect the neighborhoods there even though they have no problem at all saying how dangerous these neighborhoods are.

Arm up and go help people you angries.

They're fed up and not going to take it anymore! Take what, you ask? I don't know, having their birthright questioned as the WASP/male/landowning elite?

On a related note, it's incredible to me that all these old, white men can be SO angry at the "injustices" they suffer, yet be completely shocked and dismayed that there is also anger among black men over the REAL injustices they've experienced. It's the pinnacle of Hypocrisy Mountain.

They're fed up and not going to take it anymore! Take what, you ask? I don't know, having their birthright questioned as the WASP/male/landowning elite?

On a related note, it's incredible to me that all these old, white men can be SO angry at the "injustices" they suffer, yet be completely shocked and dismayed that there is also anger among black men over the REAL injustices they've experienced. It's the pinnacle of Hypocrisy Mountain.

Thoughtful post ^^^, my first thought being, angry middle aged white guys want special treatment they feel entitled to receive; they blame minorities for getting special treatment they feel is their's alone.

Can we correctly conclude narcissism is what feeds their anger, and like a spoiled 4 year old they vent against what they believe is unfair treatment? Empathy for those who suffered institutional racism for generations is not in their DNA, thus these AWG's are known as Callous Conservatives.

Lol, there is nothing funnier than libtards in a great big circle jerk, roflmao

It's also funny when dumbfuck conservitards appropriate the likeness of a notorious liberal (in this case Willie Nelson) to attempt to bolster their dumbfuckery.

It isn't hard to notice conservatives' first response is violence
Show me your proof. Let's see some videos of Republicans perpetrating violence against democrats at their rallies. I can show you HUNDREDS of videos showing democrats attacking republicans. You guys show up in droves wearing masks, knowing you're going to commit assaults.

You aren't being honest about who is and isn't violent.

Show me your proof. Let's see some videos of Republicans perpetrating violence against democrats at their rallies. I can show you HUNDREDS of videos showing democrats attacking republicans. You guys show up in droves wearing masks, knowing you're going to commit assaults.

You're not being honest about whose CANDIDATE is supporting the violence, and whose candidate is not.

Hillary Clinton isn't saying "I'd like to punch (protesters) in the face". She's not saying "I'll pay your legal fees" if you punch someone. She's not inciting riots by suggesting supporters commit acts of violence.

Do both sides go off their rockers once in a while? Sure. But only Republicans have actually NOMINATED someone crazy enough to endorse it.

And lol @ your careful wording of "show me violence perpetrated by republicans against democrats at their rallies." That way you don't have to explain this gem:

Trump supporter sucker-punches black protester at rally – video

Or this...

Trump fan caught attacking protester at rally is charged with assault

or this...

You're not being honest about whose CANDIDATE is supporting the violence, and whose candidate is not.

Hillary Clinton isn't saying "I'd like to punch (protesters) in the face". She's not saying "I'll pay your legal fees" if you punch someone. She's not inciting riots by suggesting supporters commit acts of violence.

Do both sides go off their rockers once in a while? Sure. But only Republicans have actually NOMINATED someone crazy enough to endorse it.

And lol @ your careful wording of "show me violence perpetrated by republicans against democrats at their rallies." That way you don't have to explain this gem:

Trump supporter sucker-punches black protester at rally – video

Or this...

Trump fan caught attacking protester at rally is charged with assault

or this...

Only 3 people involved in 3 minor incidents... thats all you have? Jesus Christ, there are mobs of you fucking guys attacking us. I dont even need to post the videos because weve all seen them and are all well aware of this phenomenon. How stupid are you? You know i can easilly "trump" your videos with MANY far worse videos.

Whats the point of being dishonest about the facts? If you have to lie, then you never had a legit complaint to begin with.

Last edited:
It isn't hard to notice conservatives' first response is violence. They are always threatening people, you can see it in many posts here. "We came unarmed, this time".
They show up at local restaurants with weapons in plain view to scare women and children, but they never show up in Chicago to protect the neighborhoods there even though they have no problem at all saying how dangerous these neighborhoods are.

Funny how you lying twats are so concerned about what conservatives might do, but turn a blind eye to actual violence committed by terrorist Leftists. Remember San Diego when you lying fucks beat up a bunch of Trump supporters including a gay Hispanic man?

You are the party of violence, intolerance, and terrorism. You own that shit.

The retardedness is in full swing with this one!

Funny how you lying twats are so concerned about what conservatives might do, but turn a blind eye to actual violence committed by terrorist Leftists. Remember San Diego when you lying fucks beat up a bunch of Trump supporters including a gay Hispanic man?

Nobody owns it, you betray your lopsided bias. But if you look at all the rhetoric it is conservatives who are constantly threatening violence as their first choice. I don't like the violence by any side at any of these rallys, yelling ok, screaming tolerable, sucker punching someone and you should be in prison, spitting on someone and you go to jail.

There is this constant drumbeat by conservatives of a pending revolution 'cuz you people just won't quit'. Quit what? Passing laws that are upheld by the courts, while conservatives pass laws that are overturned by the courts.

You just need to relax, the country isn't ending in any way. White Christian culture, which has enjoyed a defacto dominance of the culture is becoming not so dominant that's all. 70% of the population is still white. Most of the population identifies as Christian. The reaction by conservatives is as a pack of chihuahuas backed into a corner by a pack of rottweilers.

That just isn't the reality. Relax. If they ever try to close churches down I will stand with you to keep them open. If a Christian is forced to bake a cake for a gay couple then I will side with you when a court forces an atheist to bake a cake for a church group's bake sale.

Poor little liberals, what art ewe folks doing for Chicago?

Nobody owns it, you betray your lopsided bias. But if you look at all the rhetoric it is conservatives who are constantly threatening violence as their first choice. I don't like the violence by any side at any of these rallys, yelling ok, screaming tolerable, sucker punching someone and you should be in prison, spitting on someone and you go to jail.

There is this constant drumbeat by conservatives of a pending revolution 'cuz you people just won't quit'. Quit what? Passing laws that are upheld by the courts, while conservatives pass laws that are overturned by the courts.

You just need to relax, the country isn't ending in any way. White Christian culture, which has enjoyed a defacto dominance of the culture is becoming not so dominant that's all. 70% of the population is still white. Most of the population identifies as Christian. The reaction by conservatives is as a pack of chihuahuas backed into a corner by a pack of rottweilers.

That just isn't the reality. Relax. If they ever try to close churches down I will stand with you to keep them open. If a Christian is forced to bake a cake for a gay couple then I will side with you when a court forces an atheist to bake a cake for a church group's bake sale.
Don't be silly. The violence isn't the same on both sides. A Democrat chases down an elderly Trump supporter and beats him with a tire iron. There is no comparison because we don't do that shit. You are the party of intolerance and if you ever dare to stand by me, you'll finally find out just how intolerant.

Don't be silly. The violence isn't the same on both sides. A Democrat chases down an elderly Trump supporter and beats him with a tire iron. There is no comparison because we don't do that shit. You are the party of intolerance and if you ever dare to stand by me, you'll finally find out just how intolerant.

Yeah you aren't angry or threatening anyone at all.

:lmao:

Yeah you aren't angry or threatening anyone at all.

:lmao:
No, I'm not.

Forum List

Back