The Trump shutdown

Trump is delivering on his promises and as long as he does that the people who voted for him will vote for him again.

LOL...the people who voted for him - certainly the die hard Trumpbots - appear mentally/emotionally deficient and/or STAGGERINGLY ignorant for the most part, IMO.

Trump even says he could murder someone and they would still vote for him.

Donald Trump Says He 'Could Shoot Somebody' and Not Lose Voters

These people are (IMO) as out-to-lunch as those screaming morons at the Nuremberg rally's.

They are simply the dregs of America....pure and simple. They seem to be racist, xenophobic and misogynistic...just the worst of legal society.
If I could exchange them for the same number of random Middle Easterners/Mexicans/Middle Americans? I would in a heartbeat.
In other words - I would sooner take my chances with a random human than have these people continue to infest the great nation of America.

Fortunately, most of them are old and will be be gone relatively soon. And - barring a war - Trump will be gone in 2020...and we can go back to ignoring/smiling and nodding at these people like we did for years.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is a bridge too far ?
People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

It is just about the most shocking thing he has dont so far.

What I expect to happen is that on 1/3/19, the Democrats put together a CR with a small amount (1.1B or something like that). They pass it along party lines and will probably get some GOP votes as well.

It goes to the Senate where now, the Senate Republicans have to come out and put down their markers on where they stand on wall funding and keeping the government shut down.

There are 3 seats at the negotiating table; the President who must sign the legislation; the Senate and the House who have to formulate the legislation.

Currently, the Senate is not sitting at their seat. On 1/3, the House begins the process of making them weigh in. Should be fun to watch what happens in the Senate with the Republican caucus.

And lest we forget...
674 days and counting....
View attachment 237608
View attachment 237607

Lotsa red on that map...

Louisiana elected a DEM governor as did Kansas and Maine and their GOP senators are up for re-election. Candidates matter so who knows how it goes? The Dems hve their own problems too of course in Alabama especially. Can Cornyn hold Texas? We'll see. He's a lot stronger than Cruz but the suburban counties are turning more purple with each cycle. And the senator from Arizona (McSally) just got through losing to a Democrat in November.

Walking the plank on the wall is a choice a lot of Senators will have to make in the same way the DEMS walked the plank on the ACA.

RW media will mock Trump over anything less than 5 Billion
They will also be outraged over any concessions to Democrats
But nobody is talking about part 2 and 3 of your plan. Without them the wall is just a waste of money. The wall is all about a political victory, not about immigration.

I've heard plenty on 2. and a little on 3. That the media is not talking about it, does not mean it is not happening.

There has not been one single legit plan to deport 11 to 20 million people (depending upon who you talk to). Nobody, including your guy in the White House has ever given it a single serious thought.

If ICE were driving companies out of business with fines and jail time it would be all over the media

Let me see them throw some employers is jail and I will take them seriously

Until then, all I see are racists

All I see is that all you have calling people vile names. YOu piece of shit.
You ever call a man that to his face, or are you just a piece of shit, race baiting coward?

Oh noes!. An internet tough guy!

We've never seen one of those (130 lb wonders) before!

The tough guy is RW using fighting words from the safety of his parents basement.

I am merely responding appropriately.

That you lie about this is to be expected, lefty.

Trump is delivering on his promises and as long as he does that the people who voted for him will vote for him again.

LOL...the people who voted for him - certainly the die hard Trumpbots - appear mentally/emotionally deficient and/or STAGGERINGLY ignorant for the most part, IMO.

If he asked them to murder, innocent people - I honestly believe most Trumpbots would do it.

Trump even says he could murder someone and they would still vote for him.

Donald Trump Says He 'Could Shoot Somebody' and Not Lose Voters

These people are (IMO) as out-to-lunch as those screaming morons at the Nuremberg rally's.

They are simply the dregs of America....pure and simple. They seem to be racist, xenophobic and misogynistic...just the worst of legal society.
If I could exchange them for the same number of random Middle Easterners/Mexicans/Middle Americans? I would in a heartbeat.
In other words - I would sooner take my chances with a random human than have these people continue to infest the great nation of America.

Fortunately, most of them are old and will be be gone relatively soon. And - barring a war - Trump will be gone in 2020...and we can go back to ignoring/smiling and nodding at these people like we did for years.

Problem solved.

All you really said that was that you hate people who dare to disagree with you and that you feel no loyalty to your fellow Americans.

That's fine, but please don't whine if we question your patriotism tomorrow.

Questioning the patriotism of the opposition is an old Republican tactic.

I saw this in the run up and aftermath of the Iraq invasion. Of course they were wrong there too

I saw this in the run up and aftermath of the Iraq invasion. Of course they were wrong there too
you mean the left never does it? they would never immediately call someone an extreme name to bypass ever having to get to know them? you know like RACIST, mysogwhatever, white supremacist and the like???

McRocket just said that he would be happy to exchange nearly half the country, ie Trump supporters for "the same number of random Middle Easterners/Mexicans/Middle Americans" .

He feels more loyalty to hostile foreigners than to his fellow Americans.

At that point we are past questioning his patriotism and just dealing with the fact that he has none.

Americans should consider that liberals are not pushing policies that they feel are for in the best interests of AMERICA AND AMERICANS, but often putting the interests of their beloved foreigners ahead of their fellow Americans.

Iceberg posted

you mean the left never does it? they would never immediately call someone an extreme name to bypass ever having to get to know them? you know like RACIST, mysogwhatever, white supremacist and the like???

So what you're saying is that when questioning someone's patriotism...Republicans are just mindlessly "calling names"?

I wonder if this is a bridge too far ?
People didnt vote for this and yet he is trying to bully the politicians into paying for it.

It is just about the most shocking thing he has dont so far.

Donald Trump’s Art of the Deal co-author has suggested one reason why the president may soon find a way to end the ongoing partial government shutdown.

Tony Schwartz tweeted Tuesday he thought it could happen because Trump “desperately wants to give the State of the Union to Congress” on Jan. 29.

“It’s always, always about his vanity,” Schwartz added.

Forum List

Back