The Truth About "Social Safety Net Programs."

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
Let's cut through the bullshit, okay.

My wife and me have both worked with "social safety net" folks for years. Very few are down on their luck. The overwhelming majority are lazy, stupid, general fuck ups, or like to stay high and/or a combination of all of the above.

Liberals who talk about this shit make me laugh because they have zero experience working with this population, and have no fucking idea what they're taking about.

The only thing that gets people off "social safety net programs" (I love the phrase, it's so Orwellian) is tough love. If you want a handout from the state...what does the state get in return. It better be something tangible or people will be on "social safety net" programs for generations.

Roughly 3%-5% of the population is truly mentally or physically disabled. They deserve help...but if you are labeled "disabled" and are getting benefits, you must surrender your driver's license. If you are so disabled you cannot work....you should not be capable of driving.

And people in prison should be required to work 8 hours a day like everyone else. Refuse to work put the person in solitary and add time to their sentence.

Finally, a quick story. My wife worked for many years as a child therapist in a inner city clinic. Roughly 70% of the Mothers and their kids were on welfare and other "social safety net programs," many for years. When welfare work requirements came into place, one of the mothers told my wife...."It's really hard to work and raise kids."

My wife said basically...."no shit, that's what everyone else in America does, tell me why you're so special and different?" Demand work in exchange for benefits and hold people accountable. That is the answer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back