"The Unpardonable Sin" - Matthew 12:31

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Many years ago a man who was my Pastor wrote this: If you are worried about commiting the "unpardonable sin" it is unlikely you ever will. Blasphemy is a willful act and not an "accidental mistake".

The Lord does not wish for us to be ignorant on what Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is. Any one who has commited this sin - it shall remain unforgiven.. according to scripture.. This is the story of what led up to it and how it happened that Jesus warned the people about Blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

It starts here:

PHARISEES START A CONTRAVERSY OVER SABBATH HEALING Mark 3:1 -5 , Luke 6: 6- 10, Matt 12: 9-13

It is written Matthew 12: 9-13

And when he was departing thence, he went and spoke in their synagogue:
And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? that they might accuse him.

And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

How much then is man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth, and it was restored whole, like as the other. - Matthew 12: 9 - 13
-------------------------------------------------------------

THEN THE PHARISEES PLANNED TO DESTROY CHRIST - Mark 3: 6-12 Luke 6:11, Matt. 12:14

It is written :
Matthew 12: 14

Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, But when Jesus knew it he withdrew himself from thence, and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all.
And they charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the Prophet, saying:

BEHOLD MY SERVANT, WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN, MY BELOVED, IN WHOM MY SOUL IS WELL PLEASED; I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM, AND HE SHALL SHEW JUDGMENT TO THE GENTILES.

HE SHALL NOT STRIVE, NOR CRY; NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN HEAR HIS VOICE IN THE STREETS.

A BRUISED REED SHALL HE NOT BREAK, AND SMOKING FLAX SHALL HE NOT QUENCH, TIL HE SEND FORTH HIS JUDGMENT UNTO VICTORY.

AND IN HIS NAME SHALL THE GENTILES TRUST.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEN THE PHARISEES BLASPHEME THE HOLY SPIRIT - Mark 3: 22-27, Luke 11: 17-23,

It is written:

Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind and dumb, and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spoke and saw.
And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

But the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of devils.

And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation. and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself, how shall then his kingdom stand?

And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Or how else can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he blind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.

He that is not with me is against me, and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. - Matt 12 : 22-30
--------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHARISEES COMMIT THE UNPARDONABLE SIN - Mark 3: 28, 29 , Matt 12: 31-37

It is written: Matthew 12: 31 - 37

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men, but the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him, but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Either make the tree good and his fruit good, or else make the tree corrupt and his fruit corrupt, for the tree is known by its fruit.

O generation of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things, and an evil man out of the treasure of his heart bringeth forth evil things.

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

[ame=http://youtu.be/zlA5IDnpGhc]Our God is Greater - Chris Tomlin - YouTube[/ame]

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper, and every tongue that rise against thee to judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. - Isaiah 54: 17

The Messiah's Comforting Words about His Own and His Rebuke of the Wicked

Isaiah 57:1 -6

The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

He shall enter into peace, they shall rest upon their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.

But drawn near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore. Against whom make ye a wide mouth and draw out the tongue? Are you not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood, Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?

The Holy Spirit is a big weenie.

There. I've blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. I'm now officially unsavable. So every Christian now needs to leave me alone.

I think that is a misunderstanding.

One correct theory is blasphemy of the spirit was a one time event because Jesus' earthly ministry with the spirit enabling Him to do miracles was the focus. If you saw Him, saw the miracles, saw Him and rejected Him then you were basically denying the total package and not some corrupt version of the gospel, Bible, false version of Christianity, etc.

The other theory is that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a continual rejection of Jesus.

Someone says, "I blasphemed the spirit" so they think they are saved. if they are interested in going to heaven then they need to ask God to forgive them and believe because blasphemy is a willful and continual rejection of God.

There. I've blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. I'm now officially unsavable. So every Christian now needs to leave me alone.

Actually you didn't - and I am very glad you didn't. G-d loves you very much Mamooth. So do I. Have a nice evening. - Jeri

I think that is a misunderstanding.

One correct theory is blasphemy of the spirit was a one time event because Jesus' earthly ministry with the spirit enabling Him to do miracles was the focus. If you saw Him, saw the miracles, saw Him and rejected Him then you were basically denying the total package and not some corrupt version of the gospel, Bible, false version of Christianity, etc.

The other theory is that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a continual rejection of Jesus.

Someone says, "I blasphemed the spirit" so they think they are saved. if they are interested in going to heaven then they need to ask God to forgive them and believe because blasphemy is a willful and continual rejection of God.

The Lord still does miracles today through his believers - Mark 16 - the Pharisees blasphemed the The Holy Spirit when they accused Jesus miracles of being performed by Beelzebub - for this they lost any opportunity to ever gain heaven. It was over right then and there. Boom! I have to believe these Pharisees were the very same ones mentioned in John 12: 42,43 who knew Jesus was the Son of God and believed he was but were more concerned about not being thrown out of their synagogues as they loved the praises of men more than the praise of God. If they then knowing this said these words to Jesus or his followers that would have sealed their fate eternally... what a dangerous thing it is to resist the Holy Spirit. We must come when he says come! The bible says that the Spirit of God will not always strive with a man - there will come a time when God says, Thats enough! I will no longer send my Spirit to that person.. then He moves on....I do not even like to speak of it much less think of it but I have heard of cases - I erased the example as the very sight of it bothers me.. so I erased it.. - j

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many years ago a man who was my Pastor wrote this: If you are worried about commiting the "unpardonable sin" it is unlikely you ever will. Blasphemy is a willful act and not an "accidental mistake".

This is what gives me comfort! The Holy Spirit did confirm to me this Pastor was right and that is a great relief to my soul. The enemy could play havoc with our minds, make us feel hopeless if we thought we had done this! I remember once when he tried to trick me into believing I had done this! I was so full of fright and cried my eyes out because truly I can say with King David, Take not thine Spirit from me O Lord! I cannot live without Him.. take anything else but not thy Holy Spirit from me... I told someone about it and they said anyone as upset as you are over the possibility couldn't have done it.. they would not even care! ( not exact words but that was the general message ) oh boy.. that pulled me out of my despair ..

The Lord does not wish for us to be ignorant on what Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is. Any one who has commited this sin - it shall remain unforgiven.. according to scripture.. This is the story of what led up to it and how it happened that Jesus warned the people about Blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

It starts here:

PHARISEES START A CONTRAVERSY OVER SABBATH HEALING Mark 3:1 -5 , Luke 6: 6- 10, Matt 12: 9-13

It is written Matthew 12: 9-13

And when he was departing thence, he went and spoke in their synagogue:
And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? that they might accuse him.

And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

How much then is man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth, and it was restored whole, like as the other. - Matthew 12: 9 - 13
-------------------------------------------------------------

THEN THE PHARISEES PLANNED TO DESTROY CHRIST - Mark 3: 6-12 Luke 6:11, Matt. 12:14

It is written :
Matthew 12: 14

Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, But when Jesus knew it he withdrew himself from thence, and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all.
And they charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the Prophet, saying:

BEHOLD MY SERVANT, WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN, MY BELOVED, IN WHOM MY SOUL IS WELL PLEASED; I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT UPON HIM, AND HE SHALL SHEW JUDGMENT TO THE GENTILES.

HE SHALL NOT STRIVE, NOR CRY; NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN HEAR HIS VOICE IN THE STREETS.

A BRUISED REED SHALL HE NOT BREAK, AND SMOKING FLAX SHALL HE NOT QUENCH, TIL HE SEND FORTH HIS JUDGMENT UNTO VICTORY.

AND IN HIS NAME SHALL THE GENTILES TRUST.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEN THE PHARISEES BLASPHEME THE HOLY SPIRIT - Mark 3: 22-27, Luke 11: 17-23,

It is written:

Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind and dumb, and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spoke and saw.
And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

But the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of devils.

And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation. and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself, how shall then his kingdom stand?

And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Or how else can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he blind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house.

He that is not with me is against me, and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. - Matt 12 : 22-30
--------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHARISEES COMMIT THE UNPARDONABLE SIN - Mark 3: 28, 29 , Matt 12: 31-37

It is written: Matthew 12: 31 - 37

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men, but the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him, but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Either make the tree good and his fruit good, or else make the tree corrupt and his fruit corrupt, for the tree is known by its fruit.

O generation of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things, and an evil man out of the treasure of his heart bringeth forth evil things.

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

There is no one sin worse than another. The unpardonable sin is only a symbolic phrase to mean man's flesh is judged to death because it's only an illusion that has been blinded under the Old Covenant ( veil ). This veil is removed by God in us saints so we can obtain the hidden invisible knowledge of God to understand the delusion we've been experiencing in this world. All these illusions of the flesh and everything in this world will be destroyed soon and a New Heaven and Earth will appear for us to experience for eternity. We will never be deceived of who we are in the mind of God in the next age.

Forum List

Back