The US should only accept asylum seekers from adjacent countries

Do you agree that the US should only accept asylum seekers from adjacent countries?

• Yes, we don't want to be overrun with migrants from all over, when other options are available

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No. I'll explain why in my post

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Why should the US accept asylum seekers who pass thru safe countries to get here?
They should stay in the first safe country, if they are accepted.
Otherwise the US would be the "asylum" destination for half the world.

we already have laws that should address this. the dems just throw a tantrum if we enforce them and call the right meanies w/o a heart.

i think we're close to the time where that tactic no longer works. prepare for louder screaming and crying and more apathy from the right.

there are legit people out there looking for asylum and i would not want to make their work become exponentially harder simply to try and deal with mexico. according to our asylum laws you have to be in fear to return to your own country and show it. letting you into the country to plead your case is optional, not a requirement.

close the option. no one else comes in until you're vetted. period. if that means you want to sit your ass in the desert while summer comes along, your call.

One of the caravans a few months ago went through acity in mexico with a lower crime rate than san diego. The border city that they applied for asylum for.
These people are seeking free shit not asylum.
Some, i assume, are genuine ;)

There should be no grant of asylum hearing for the unskilled, the impecunious and the uneducated. To accept all the world's charity cases will make us charity cases as well.

Catch-and-release must end, totally.

Asylum should be based in part upon what the asylum seeker can do for the country, not what the country can do for the asylum seeker.

We need to change the laws, one way or another. We need an internal wall even more than an external one.

we already have laws that should address this. the dems just throw a tantrum if we enforce them and call the right meanies w/o a heart.

i think we're close to the time where that tactic no longer works. prepare for louder screaming and crying and more apathy from the right.

there are legit people out there looking for asylum and i would not want to make their work become exponentially harder simply to try and deal with mexico. according to our asylum laws you have to be in fear to return to your own country and show it. letting you into the country to plead your case is optional, not a requirement.

close the option. no one else comes in until you're vetted. period. if that means you want to sit your ass in the desert while summer comes along, your call.

“you sit your ass in the desert while summer comes along”

Yeah, I’m not sure why you object to being called “meanie”. LOL

I think we take too many people in from far too many countries (Mexico, England, Botswana, Korea—you name it.). I would like to see the number tied to the unemployment rate. Now, who is counted in the UE numbers? Essentially someone who is drawing unemployment. It really doesn’t reflect accurately how many people are working. Those on SSD, I think, are not counted. That is millions of people right there.

I think we take too many people in from far too many countries (Mexico, England, Botswana, Korea—you name it.). I would like to see the number tied to the unemployment rate. Now, who is counted in the UE numbers? Essentially someone who is drawing unemployment. It really doesn’t reflect accurately how many people are working. Those on SSD, I think, are not counted. That is millions of people right there.

what is SSD?

i didn't tell them to do it. i didn't tell them to trek thousands of miles through the desert cause we have idiots over here trying to give away our money. they made their choices they can deal with the consequences.

no one said every bad decision you make someone else had to pay for. time the left re-learns that.

Why should the US accept asylum seekers who pass thru safe countries to get here?

So we never should have taken Jews fleeing Hitler's Germany?

i didn't tell them to do it. i didn't tell them to trek thousands of miles through the desert cause we have idiots over here trying to give away our money. they made their choices they can deal with the consequences.

no one said every bad decision you make someone else had to pay for. time the left re-learns that.

he he he…okay.

what is SSD?
Social security disability

what is SSD?

Social Security Disability….

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 8.08.12 AM.png

what is SSD?

View attachment 255079

Thanks. I am pretty sure you are correct, they are not counted as not working as they are not seeking work. Same goes for homemakers and retired people.

So we never should have taken Jews fleeing Hitler's Germany?
that's fucking asinine. in that case they ARE not able to return home and NEED a place to go.

to compare that to people running up here for a money grab is pretty much bullshit, but that's how you roll.

what is SSD?

View attachment 255079

Thanks. I am pretty sure you are correct, they are not counted as not working as they are not seeking work. Same goes for homemakers and retired people.

Whatsmore is underemployment.

I’m not saying don’t allow anyone in ever again…I’m just saying throttle it back some periodically and force employers to hire some native talent instead of importing an engineer from elsewhere. I would think most employers would “get around it” by just sending the work offshore instead of bringing someone else in but many would hire a native instead of offshoring the work.

I voted no. The conditions for acceptance should be based on many things but I don't see point of origin as being an important one.

If we had proper control of our southern border this would not be an issue.

Hell no. I wouldn't let any asylum seekers into the US. Most of them are fake asylum seekers just trying to get into the US for a free ride.

They can all kiss my ass.

Why doesn't Trump call on the gop to rewrite immigration law to end asylum?

Why doesn't Trump call on the gop to rewrite immigration law to end asylum?
Democrats own the House.
Yeah right. That was hell on trump for two years. LOL

Forum List

Back