The Vice President

Perhaps Pence and Trump will share a cell at San Quentin

hmmmm

President Ryan?

The entire cabinet will be indicted and convicted on suspicion of being low-lifes and it will come down to President Schumer and vice-president Pelosi.
it will come down to President Schumer and vice-president Pelosi.
It will never come down to that, unless one is the Designated Survivor

Hmm, I don't see Pence on the bottom, Don could get chaffed; all that drivin'-it-"home" for Jesus.
Look, if you want to be like that, nothing is stopping you. I am just looking for an explanation that makes sense here.

hmmmm

President Ryan?
I would prefer Pence. But I don't see a reasonable explanation for him. Either he knew about Flynn and okayed his hiring anyway, or he didn't know and appears to be ignorant of what his team was doing. Maybe a third explanation would be to blame Gov Christie and try to say he was in charge or something.
You're still operating on the premiss that someone/anyone will either be a decent human being and step up to accept responsibility, or the the system/power structure will hold someone acountable who really is. That's just not how our system works.
Yeah, that's true. I think that Pence, when I lived in Indiana, was a good guy, a bit extreme on a few things, but principled. The problem is, if you are the head of the transition team and you don't know that Flynn told the lawyers that he was under investigation, you look incompetent. Maybe he can just go with the "it was a big organization and we were dealing with a lot of things" excuse, that might work in his case because people respect him.

I see this as an actual problem, some of my friends on this site don't even like the question being raised. They would prefer to take the ostrich defense.
That's what happens once we become "believers" in some thing or position; we lose the ability to think critically and must defend. I try not to focus on the personalities, it is the system itself, the donor class who it serves alone, the power structure and it's reward structure. We merely receive the behaviors outta these folks that the donor class rewards.

A thoughtful post. I worked for a guy, a staunch conservative Republican CEO. He gave money to Republicans and Democrats and stayed in the Lincoln bedroom when Clinton was president and when Bush was president. He thought all this fractiousness was stupid and meaningless. It was all about his influence. He used to laugh at people like those on these sites that argue endlessly about stupid things. He felt like it was good to hide his influence, to have people arguing loudly to avoid focus on him.

Either didn't know that Flynn had told the transition team that he was accepting money from Turkey or he knew and was okay with him being hired anyway.

Seems kind of like two bad choices. Am I missing a third?

You're ignoring the facts. Flynn's company represented a business in Belgium that was owned by a Turkish businessman, not the government of Turkey. So to say he took money from Turkey is BS. Do you have evidence they knew at the time who owned the Belgium business when they took the job?

Flynn told the transition lawyers that he was under investigation. President Trump's loyalty to him at the time is laudable, but I think it undermined his ability to put some actual legislation in place because of the media furor.

Do you have a link for that?

Either didn't know that Flynn had told the transition team that he was accepting money from Turkey or he knew and was okay with him being hired anyway.

You're ignoring the facts. Flynn's company represented a business in Belgium that was owned by a Turkish businessman, not the government of Turkey. So to say he took money from Turkey is BS. Do you have evidence they knew at the time who owned the Belgium business when they took the job?

Flynn told the transition lawyers that he was under investigation. President Trump's loyalty to him at the time is laudable, but I think it undermined his ability to put some actual legislation in place because of the media furor.

Umm, have you heard about this new interweb thingie? Just kidding, here ya go: Mike Pence insists he didn't know Flynn was under investigation for Turkey lobbying

Umm, have you heard about this new interweb thingie? Just kidding, here ya go: Mike Pence insists he didn't know Flynn was under investigation for Turkey lobbying

From what I understand that was pretty much dropped when he filed the paperwork with the DOJ. It's not unusual for people to file after the fact.

Forum List

Back